If you think NU fans were hard on Tmart after the Wiscy game

WYHusk

And Husker fans were calling for T-mart to be benched and people got their jocks twisted up about that...

Well, that and about any kind of character assassination scenario that could possibly be dreamed up. Every single day. All year long. (including off season).

Yes, because "go f'ing die" and "he's a cry baby" are the same thing :facepalm:

No one said they were the same thing. It's just that "both" are disgusting to an extreme. Is that really to difficult to grasp?

Yeah, glad that "he's a cancer to the Team!!", "he's not a team player!", "He's not a leader!!", "He doesn't care!!"etc, etc every single day is just hunky dory with you. That also he's constantly referred to as "T-Ragic", T-Fumble", etc is nice too.

You bet, real class pal.

:facepalm:

Ha! Wow, thank you. I appreciate you attacking me personally, as if you know I've been saying all those things about Taylor! Read all my past posts - I've been telling everyone (since last year) to ease up on Taylor because in a year or two they'll all love him. I'm just saying that to compare "you suck" with "go die" is absurd. If someone would come heckle me at work and judge me, I could blow it off or take an 'I'll show you' attitude. If people showed up and started telling me to 'f-ing die' and 'i'm gonna kick your a$$', that would probably get to me just a little bit more.

Again, I appreciate your willingness to condemn all those who boo the team, but you have absolutely no problem attacking me personally for simply suggesting I didn't think it was as bad as it could have been.

snapback.pngbball_backer, on 09 October 2011 - 05:39 PM, said:

Ha! Wow, thank you. I appreciate you attacking me personally, as if you know I've been saying all those things about Taylor! Read all my past posts - I've been telling everyone (since last year) to ease up on Taylor because in a year or two they'll all love him.

Again, I appreciate your willingness to condemn all those who boo the team, but you have absolutely no problem attacking me personally for simply suggesting I didn't think it was as bad as it could have been.

This is true. backer saves all his personal Husker bashing is saved for the winter and Doc and JBD. :lol:

snapback.pngbball_backer, on 09 October 2011 - 05:39 PM, said:

Ha! Wow, thank you. I appreciate you attacking me personally, as if you know I've been saying all those things about Taylor! Read all my past posts - I've been telling everyone (since last year) to ease up on Taylor because in a year or two they'll all love him.

This is true. backer saves all his personal Husker bashing is saved for the winter and Doc and JBD. :lol:

True dat.... true dat

take a look at what tOSU fans are saying about Bauserman. Wowsers. I mean, yeah, he played poorly, and definitely contributed to their loss, but there is some seriously out of control stuff being posted. I never heard / read anyone saying anything near as bad about Tmart as is being said this morning about that poor bastard.

Maybe it's just the tOSU fans. I'm pretty sure anyone caught speaking that poorly of any NU player as tOSU fans are speaking of Bauserman and the D would have their residence in Nebraska revoked immediately.

It's not just OSU fans and it's not just Nebraska fans. It's not jus Big 10 fans and it's not just SEC fans. It's not just football fans and it's not just soccer fans. The reason this entire idiotic Fan War is so unbelievably worthless is that these kinds of conversations happen within every major program of every major sport in every major country in the world. And guess what? They happened at Nebraska back in the day, too, right in the heart of that mythic utopia where all fans lived in peace and harmony.

Criticism is an unfortunate but natural part of doing something competitive in the public eye, especially when so many people invest so much emotion, time, and money into the thing. This has always been the case. This will always be the case. The only major difference in our era is that people can do it instantly, drunk, and in 'public' on the internet--all at the same time. And the funny thing is, it's not even limited to sports.

I wish people on this board would get off each other's backs. All this boo-hooing over who's a real fan and is Nebraska the greatest fanbase in the country and whose criticism steps over the line is the antichrist of interesting (there's another biblical reference for rawhide).

No kidding.

I'm sick of all this holier-than-thou crap.

We're all here because we love this team. If you have a problem with how certain people show their love for the team, that problem is yours and yours alone.

Shouldn't they be blaming the defense for such an epic collapse as well? I know Taylor got a ton of crap for last week, but I heard about as much about the poor defense as I did Martinez. Shouldn't they be blaming the awful offensive play calling? I bet if they stick to the run after Miller goes out, they probably chew enough clock to slow us down and at worst put the game into OT.

That all said, I think we can all understand a bit about Bo and why he defends his guys so much. I think he hopes to keep the criticism from getting to this point. I haven't been following the OSU coaches to close, but hopefully Fickell is trying to temper some of this.

And Husker fans were calling for T-mart to be benched and people got their jocks twisted up about that...

Well, that and about any kind of character assassination scenario that could possibly be dreamed up. Every single day. All year long. (including off season).

Yes, because "go f'ing die" and "he's a cry baby" are the same thing :facepalm:

No one said they were the same thing. It's just that "both" are disgusting to an extreme. Is that really to difficult to grasp?

Yeah, glad that "he's a cancer to the Team!!", "he's not a team player!", "He's not a leader!!", "He doesn't care!!"etc, etc every single day is just hunky dory with you. That also he's constantly referred to as "T-Ragic", T-Fumble", etc is nice too.

You bet, real class pal.

:facepalm:

Ha! Wow, thank you. I appreciate you attacking me personally, as if you know I've been saying all those things about Taylor! Read all my past posts - I've been telling everyone (since last year) to ease up on Taylor because in a year or two they'll all love him. I'm just saying that to compare "you suck" with "go die" is absurd. If someone would come heckle me at work and judge me, I could blow it off or take an 'I'll show you' attitude. If people showed up and started telling me to 'f-ing die' and 'i'm gonna kick your a$$', that would probably get to me just a little bit more.

I'm not trying to attack you personally. I haven't the foggiest clue who you are.

The point is "neither" is cool and shouldn't be acceptable.

Just because someone else's fanbase is worse, doesn't mean ours is good. The things said about and to Taylor were and are still pathetic.

Whoa. Depends what we're talking about.

There *are* folks here that presented arguments that were without ad hominem attacks on Martinez. There were people on these boards that simply said Martinez may be a better asset to the team playing another position or saying that Carnes should get a shot. Those people are not pathetic, just because they posted an opinion contrary to yours.

You really should ratchet down the broad spectrum of your criticism here, because you're getting dolphin in your tuna net.

Shouldn't they be blaming the defense for such an epic collapse as well? I know Taylor got a ton of crap for last week, but I heard about as much about the poor defense as I did Martinez. Shouldn't they be blaming the awful offensive play calling? I bet if they stick to the run after Miller goes out, they probably chew enough clock to slow us down and at worst put the game into OT.

That all said, I think we can all understand a bit about Bo and why he defends his guys so much. I think he hopes to keep the criticism from getting to this point. I haven't been following the OSU coaches to close, but hopefully Fickell is trying to temper some of this.

^^^This. Ohio State gave us that game. Why in the heck did they go to the air it out mentality when their horrid backup came in? They should have just run the ball and played grind'em out offense. Some of those passes looked like they were a lot closer to fans in the stands than anyone on the field. With 3:34 left in the third quarter, their D had held us to 2.3 yards per carry. The David takeaway seemed to puncture any bubble Ohio State had.