NU vs NEB

WYHusk

Save for a massive public relations campaign you're going to be Neb....It bugs me that the national media refers to Washington as UW, it bothers Carolina fans that the Trojans get USC. It's not always fair but you learn to live

On that note, I'd bet more people in the national media think of Nebraska as NU rather than Northwestern. The Big 10 media obviously doesn't see it that way.

Well we're talking about the BTN as the OP stated. In most of the midwest, which the BTN is primarily designed to serve (though it has a national audience) NU is Northwestern. I really didn't become familiar with the "NU" abbreviation until I started reading this board last year. But hey I understand your frustration. You guys are a much better program with more history. Maybe if you put it on your helmets or uniforms it would change.

I can think of 66 to 17 reasons why Nebraska is the real NU

Well we're talking about the BTN as the OP stated. In most of the midwest, which the BTN is primarily designed to serve (though it has a national audience) NU is Northwestern. I really didn't become familiar with the "NU" abbreviation until I started reading this board last year. But hey I understand your frustration. You guys are a much better program with more history. Maybe if you put it on your helmets or uniforms it would change.

I don't think it's frustration. It just is what it is. Nobody is upset about this here.

Empathy through hyperbole. Thought that was kind of clear in my statement, guess not.

Save for a massive public relations campaign you're going to be Neb....It bugs me that the national media refers to Washington as UW, it bothers Carolina fans that the Trojans get USC. It's not always fair but you learn to live

On that note, I'd bet more people in the national media think of Nebraska as NU rather than Northwestern. The Big 10 media obviously doesn't see it that way.

Who cares? I never thought of Nebraska or Northwestern as "NU". If anything I call them "Nebby" and "Nwestern".

I'd be careful if I was you guys. Northwestern is a much better team than tOSU, especially with Persa back.

lol!!

OSU's defense is in a different galaxy than NW's. If even that close.....

tOSU's defense is good, but not great. tOSU's defense is better than NW by a good margin. The problem for Nebraska is Northwestern's offense is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than tOSU's offense. They will get you into a scoring shoot out. Expect a 38-34 type of game. Don't underestimate the nerds. They play smart and inspired football week in and week out.

They did. From 1967-69.

764935536_160.jpg

1966sugar_carelstith.jpg

Jerry_Murtaugh_Color.jpg

I just pulled up SI's CFB page and they have an article entitled "No. 14 NU rallies from 21 down"...haha, so yea guess its a mixed bag as far as the media is concerned. Nationally you all are NU. I haven't payed much attention and can't remember, when you guys play on TV what does it say? NU, Neb, or the whole Nebraska?

NEB. Didn't you see it when you watched the game? :P Just giving ya a hard time.

I just pulled up SI's CFB page and they have an article entitled "No. 14 NU rallies from 21 down"...haha, so yea guess its a mixed bag as far as the media is concerned. Nationally you all are NU. I haven't payed much attention and can't remember, when you guys play on TV what does it say? NU, Neb, or the whole Nebraska?

NEB. Didn't you see it when you watched the game? :P Just giving ya a hard time.

I watched the game and I honestly do not remember. I often miss things like that if I'm not looking for them. chuckleshuffle

• 3 weeks later...

It being Northwestern week and all, thought I would bump this.

I'm still cool with NEB, instead of NU.

Why would we call them NEB? Their initials are NW.

We are NU. We've been NU forever, and I'm a stodgy old codger and I'm not changing. If they don't like it that's too bad. I'm not changing. Harrumph.