Bo and mobile qb's?

There have been times when our D crapped the bed against a dual threat QB (see: Tyrod Taylor). But there are others that we absolutely manhandled--shutting them down completely. Like Jake Locker last Sept, one of the best dual threat QBs we've faced in recent years. We even kept Locker mostly in check in the bowl game.

There have been times when our D crapped the bed against a dual threat QB (see: Tyrod Taylor). But there are others that we absolutely manhandled--shutting them down completely. Like Jake Locker last Sept, one of the best dual threat QBs we've faced in recent years. We even kept Locker mostly in check in the bowl game.

Locker ran for 85 yards and a TD in the bowl game. The same game he was 5-16 for 56 yards. Were we so afraid of that cannon that we couldn't contain him?

Same with Gilbert in the Texas game. 4-16 for like 60 yards. Was that dominant enough that we couldn't sacrifice a DB to stop his 71 yards and 2 TDS? Or Iowa State. Arnaud had 65 or so yards in a year when he only had 280 the entire season.

Even Jones has a TD run in the championship game (i think it was on 15 yard scramble but I could be wrong)

Russel Wilson has 140 yards on the season. 50 of them against us. He's not a dual threat - but when you give him a hole big enough to sail a ship through he's going to capitalize.

What about Carr? He played almost the entire game outside of our DEs. Or maybe we should look at Braxton who gashed us last week and operated for 3 quarters largely outside the pocket picking out defense appart.

Locker ran for 85 yards and a TD in the bowl game. The same game he was 5-16 for 56 yards. Were we so afraid of that cannon that we couldn't contain him?

Same with Gilbert in the Texas game. 4-16 for like 60 yards. Was that dominant enough that we couldn't sacrifice a DB to stop his 71 yards and 2 TDS? Or Iowa State. Arnaud had 65 or so yards in a year when he only had 280 the entire season.

Even Jones has a TD run in the championship game (i think it was on 15 yard scramble but I could be wrong)

Russel Wilson has 140 yards on the season. 50 of them against us. He's not a dual threat - but when you give him a hole big enough to sail a ship through he's going to capitalize.

What about Carr? He played almost the entire game outside of our DEs. Or maybe we should look at Braxton who gashed us last week and operated for 3 quarters largely outside the pocket picking out defense appart.

This is a good point. This comes off as a scheme issue more-so than anything else. It appears we focus heavily on stopping the pass which means we give up a lot to mobile qb's if our linebackers can't get in there to make plays, which more-often than not it seems like we can't.

I think Denard Robinson is gonna have a field day on us.

Yup - this game will come down to turnovers. We'll get our 10-12 possessions, we need to score on 8 of them, because they'll score on nearly ever possession as well. A turnover and we flip the score by 10-14 in this game.

I agree and the good part for us it that Robinson has thrown 3 more picks than Martinez this year, hopefully our secondary can keep the momentum going and improve enough to make him one dimensional.