Buckeyes reviews of Neb.

Wiscy's. That was in reply to this post.

True. We are spectacularly mediocre, I see.

C'mon. That's not my agenda.

Aww.. dont tell him that. I love seeing Wisconsin fans squirm. =P

[privatemessage name=bringonUrban]That really is my agenda, I'm just feeding him a line of BS. It's all part of the plan to get back at Bucky for kicking our butts so bad. [/privatemessage]

• Fire 1

^ With regard to the second link, frankly, I'm surprised to discover that anyone outside eastern Nebraska knows that Creighton exists.

This statement says much more about you than it does about Creighton.

Creighton Law School, Class of 1985

Has it been your experience that people generally know that Creighton exists, outside of basketball conversations? I can tell you that I've traveled across this country and when I tell folks I'm from Nebraska, Creighton never, ever comes up in conversation.

It's just a small school. It's unsurprising that it's not as well-known as UNL.

Heck, my dad graduated from Midland. I bet 95% of the people posting here have no idea where Midland is, or that it even exists.

That is not my experience at all. Creighton has a student body made up of people from all over the country. It is one of the top Jesuit Universities in the country, like Boston College, Georgetown, Gonzaga, St. Louis, Fordham, Marquette, etc. I guess if one is more sports oriented, basketball may be the source of reference for colleges and universities, but education wise, Creighton has a wonderful national reputation. Many people I talk with know where and what Creighton is. I agree that it is not as well known as UNL, but that is completely different than nobody outside of eastern Nebraska knowing about Creighton even allowing for some exaggeration.

Or maybe I hang around too many Catholics. :)

btw, Creighton's men's soccer team is ranked 4th in the nation.

I'll take off my Creighton sensitivity hat now, after all this is a Husker football forum

Wiscy's. That was in reply to this post.

True. We are spectacularly mediocre, I see.

C'mon. That's not my agenda.

Aww.. dont tell him that. I love seeing Wisconsin fans squirm. =P

[privatemessage name=bringonUrban]That really is my agenda, I'm just feeding him a line of BS. It's all part of the plan to get back at Bucky for kicking our butts so bad. [/privatemessage]

[privatemessage name=knapplc]HAHA, I like the way you think good sir.. let me know how I can help bring Bucky down! [/privatemessage]

If we don't make the national championship, I'm blaming you two.

On a side note ... but Knapp's post today and me having the free time ... thought I'd share this. At my town here in Texas ... they have taken Tennis out as a sport at our school. We lost our coach last year after the Superintendant fired 7-8 teaches for financial reasons ... in all that, the health coach that taught tennis here for years decided to step down. My son went to Regionals as a freshmen and now as a Senior has a couple of offers for a tennis scholarship at Div II type schools. Anyway, tennis is no longer considered a sport. On the other hand, the Band Director has addressed in his class and at public gatherings that "Band" is now a "sport". My three sons have lost a couple of friends in the whole debate ... as we wouldnt' consider "Band" a sport ... that has been met with verbal and physical assault.

Thus, now in the B1G and some of these other schools saying the Huskers don't have a good "Band" ... I'm just rathered humored and guessing that I'm missing out on something. I always thought I showed up for football games to watch the two football teams play ... now I'm understanding that I'm actually there to see the bands compete against each other. So now I'm wondering how our recruiting is going? How many 4* and 5* are we in on? Knapp, can we get a section on Huskerboard to discuss this? :-)

In any event, I'm a rather bewildered parent to see my kids who are talented at tennis now persuing a a tennis career via USTA events as "tennis" as a sport at our school is not recognized. They recently said we can travel to play other schools in our district within a 30 mile radius (financial issues for gas). Sadly, our closest school is about 35 miles away. From their logic (not thought through very well) we could not even make it to the regional event. Tennis has been lost amidst all the "social justice" of trying to make these kids competing in "band" out as if this is a great fitness contest.

So what cuts have been made to the football program?

^ With regard to the second link, frankly, I'm surprised to discover that anyone outside eastern Nebraska knows that Creighton exists.

Really? Pretty much every college basketball fan knows of Creighton.

Also within the Medical and Legal field Creighton is very well known.

Pshh, Nobody cares about that hocus pocus.

Kyle Korver could drop three bombs from half court with his eyes closed. That's all Creighton has ever done!