MarQueis Gray will play against Huskers

Every team we have faced this year has put more points on us than anyone anticipated. I see no indication the Minn game will be any different. Our D will find a way to make them look like a viable offense for at least 1/2 game. But in the end we will beat them by a relatively comfortable margin that should be about 21-28 points larger than it ends up.

As stated in the first post, I think Nebraska will win this one. I just have a feeling it is going to be a lot closer than people think. I just think its a classic Iowa State game, you should kill (no pun intended) them but some how it ends up being a fourth quarter game. I hope I'm wrong for sure. Anyone remember South Dakota State last year or how we were going to roll a horrible OSU team who couldn't score at home?

In the last 30 years we've lost 4 times to ISU, and had 2 close wins. A classic Iowa St game is a total rout.

• Fire 4

As stated in the first post, I think Nebraska will win this one. I just have a feeling it is going to be a lot closer than people think. I just think its a classic Iowa State game, you should kill (no pun intended) them but some how it ends up being a fourth quarter game. I hope I'm wrong for sure. Anyone remember South Dakota State last year or how we were going to roll a horrible OSU team who couldn't score at home?

In the last 30 years we've lost 4 times to ISU, and had 2 close wins. A classic Iowa St game is a total rout.

A classic Iowa St game recently...and 1992...

As a resident of MPLS and a regular watcher of Gopher football, I feel I can offer some insight.

MarQueis Gray: Mobile quarterback, strong arm, misses a lot of easy throws. More mobile than average but not like T-Mart or Robinson. I am thinking with the lack of blocking and experience and such he is could be more effective but not a major threat.

Gophers Offense: As the stats above show they can move the ball on foot but its tough because their passing is typically so off that you can stack the box and easily render their offense ineffective.

Gophers Defense: Hard to be any worse. Primarily young/inexperienced guys are killing this D. Very easy to run the ball. Burkhead & Co. should have a monster day. Passing may even be easier but I really don't think they are as bad as that stat shows. They do get beat with the bigger type passes a lot. Should be interesting to see how that transfers to the Huskers Offensive plan, keep Martinez throwing shorter/high percentage passes?

Gopher Special Teams: Decent young kicker but thats about it.

The previous staff really left this team in a big mess and it is unfortunate that Coach Kill had to struggle with so much. Then the seizures and all that too. I think that kinda spooked the team for a couple weeks. They have shown their potential (USC game) but overall just don't have the ability to maintain that level. Unless some miracle happenes between this game and the previous game, this shouldn't be close.

I will say this. From all the things I have seen and heard from Coach Kill, I really, really like this guy. Many fans here do as well. He seems to be a more personable version of Pelini. He says the right things and seems to be doing the right things with what talent he has. I will say this though, I went to the Gopher spring practice and I really wish it was more of a Huskers style game. That's about as down as I can get on this team at this point. They have a long road ahead but I think the captain of the ship has them pointed in the right direction.

Whether that translates to wins in a tough B1G, that is another story.

The difference is that Minnesota is, as stated before, bad. They pure and simply just aren't good. ISU in the last decade has never been as bad as Minnesota.

Minnesota is littered with young players, and if you were checking out ESPN today, there's an article about how Minnesota is tracking 63 players because of poor grades, making sure they attend classes.

There is absolutely no reason and no similarity that I see between Minnesota and ISU. We have little recent history and they're reeling.

Nebraska wins this by three touchdowns. I won't be surprised if Minnesota puts up a couple of scores, but our offense is going to destroy their defense more than likely.

The difference is that Minnesota is, as stated before, bad. They pure and simply just aren't good. ISU in the last decade has never been as bad as Minnesota.

Minnesota is littered with young players, and if you were checking out ESPN today, there's an article about how Minnesota is tracking 63 players because of poor grades, making sure they attend classes.

There is absolutely no reason and no similarity that I see between Minnesota and ISU. We have little recent history and they're reeling.

Nebraska wins this by three touchdowns. I won't be surprised if Minnesota puts up a couple of scores, but our offense is going to destroy their defense more than likely.

If we only beat Minn by 21, I will be very disappointed. Considering how bad they are and the fact that we have an extra week to prepare, if we are going to blow anybody out this season, this is the game. We already blew total rout chances against UTChat, Fresno, and Wyoming. Sorry but a 33 point margin against UTChat doesn't impress me. I happen to agree with your 3 TD assessment. Until our D proves otherwise, I think we'll make them look like an offensive powerhouse before squeeking out another lack luster win. It's time for Carl and Co. to prove me wrong. I would like nothing more than for them to make me look like a fool for ever doubting them.

If we only beat Minn by 21, I will be very disappointed. Considering how bad they are and the fact that we have an extra week to prepare, if we are going to blow anybody out this season, this is the game. We already blew total rout chances against UTChat, Fresno, and Wyoming. Sorry but a 33 point margin against UTChat doesn't impress me. I happen to agree with your 3 TD assessment. Until our D proves otherwise, I think we'll make them look like an offensive powerhouse before squeeking out another lack luster win. It's time for Carl and Co. to prove me wrong. I would like nothing more than for them to make me look like a fool for ever doubting them.

I share similar feelings.

The only thing I want to point out, however, is that Minnesota also has a bye week this week, giving them just as much time to prepare for us as we them.