Michigan / Michigan State game

MSU's win is good for NU as far as winning the division.

Absolutely. Michigan doesn't have to play Wisky, but MSU plays them next week, so MSU beating Michigan really leveled the standings for the division.

NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND!

I thought that IF Nebraska wins the rest of the way, it should have no meaning what MSU or Michigan do considering we would have beaten them both?? Our only loss would be to Wisconsin and they are in a different division??

It won't. NU wins out, we win our division. What MSU beating Michigan does is, assuming they lose to Wisconsin last week and we win, is it puts all of us [Michigan, MSU, and Nebraska] on a level playing field. All Michigan State would have to do then is beat Nebraska and then hold on for the rest of the year. If they lose to us, then they'll need some major help from the winner of Nebraska/Michigan. I like how this race is setting up.

Ohhhh Ok...I see what Badgerfan was tying to imply.......sorry dude.....

p.s. Nice seeing you back on the board on a regular basis!

Haha so just as Miami is the "Cradle of Coaches" Chattanooga is the "Whipping boy of Champions"

Exactly! So good luck winning the MNC without playing Chattanooga. Suckers.

Damn, how could we overlook that, from reviewing our schedule you can tell Alvarez carefully combed the country for the very best creampuffs for the Badgers to play...and yet we missed the Mocs...you failed us Barry!

Was also thinking about our match with Michigan State on Oct. 29. They're are 3 games that will be ranked vs ranked match ups for that day, if I'm correct. Should they [Michigan State] beat Wisconsin [i know, kinda crazy but Michigan State usually plays Wisconsin extremely tough], we take care of Minnesota, that game all of a sudden becomes a marquee match up. Marquee match up = College Game Day?

Not trying to call anyone specifically out, but I always laugh at the game day hopes. It seems like everyone out here talks so much about how much ESPN sucks, how bad, biased and stupid the game day crew are, how Holtz and May stole your first born--and then a lot of people get a woody over the possibility of ESPN Game Day coming to one of our games.

Mich. St. defense looks pretty decent. You have to be good to shut down Robinson like that. One thing noone has really talked about is that I believe there was some extremely high winds in this game? That changes almost everything. Weather is always a huge factor, and I think it may have been a factor in today's game. Michigan is clearly limited in it's passing game with Robinson at the helm. I think Mich. St. offense could have looked better without that wind hampering their passing game. I will say this........I think both of these teams have what it takes to make it very interesting with us. I can't wait to watch these games. Should be damn good ones.

Was also thinking about our match with Michigan State on Oct. 29. They're are 3 games that will be ranked vs ranked match ups for that day, if I'm correct. Should they [Michigan State] beat Wisconsin [i know, kinda crazy but Michigan State usually plays Wisconsin extremely tough], we take care of Minnesota, that game all of a sudden becomes a marquee match up. Marquee match up = College Game Day?

Not trying to call anyone specifically out, but I always laugh at the game day hopes. It seems like everyone out here talks so much about how much ESPN sucks, how bad, biased and stupid the game day crew are, how Holtz and May stole your first born--and then a lot of people get a woody over the possibility of ESPN Game Day coming to one of our games.

Eh, it's a fun thing to think about, to me at least--being a student and all.

I understand it completely, its fun to hate their picks and its always easy to criticize but if you've been to a Gameday they're really enjoyable. The whole week preceding the show they come on campus and do stuff, you get to make signs, be on national TV, Celebrities sometimes appear and your school is on display to the entire nation.

Eh, it's a fun thing to think about, to me at least--being a student and all.

Fair enough.

National exposure... can't be a bad thing.

Mich. St. defense looks pretty decent. You have to be good to shut down Robinson like that. One thing noone has really talked about is that I believe there was some extremely high winds in this game? That changes almost everything. Weather is always a huge factor, and I think it may have been a factor in today's game. Michigan is clearly limited in it's passing game with Robinson at the helm. I think Mich. St. offense could have looked better without that wind hampering their passing game. I will say this........I think both of these teams have what it takes to make it very interesting with us. I can't wait to watch these games. Should be damn good ones.

The winds here in the upper Midwest today were in the 25 - 30 mph range with gusts to 40 mph ... Not good for either QB.

Basically, what you saw was a typical MSU vs. UM game... Hatred for each other which dates back to the beginnings of both Universities... These games are not pretty to watch 'cause both teams want to simply beat each others brains out, with numerous penalties, cheap shots, etc. These two schools are 'a rock throws distance apart' that are locked in mortal combat like the Hatfields and McCoys !!! Great fun !!!

As BadgerFan and True to the Red mentioned, Sparty has a pretty good defense (athletic, very quick, and very well coached). The Badgers coming to East Lansing next week should be a good matchup between an outstanding Badger team (under the control of Wilson) coming to grips with the Spartan D. Should be a good game....

The winds here in the upper Midwest today were in the 25 - 30 mph range with gusts to 40 mph ... Not good for either QB.

Basically, what you saw was a typical MSU vs. UM game... Hatred for each other with dates back to the beginnings of both Universities... These games are not pretty to watch 'cause both teams want to simply beat each others brains out, with numerous penalties, cheap shots, etc. These two schools are 'a rock throws distance apart' that are locked in mortal combat like the Hatfields and McCoys !!! Great fun !!!

As BadgerFan mentioned, Sparty has a pretty good defense (athletic, very quick, and very well coached). The Badgers coming to East Lansing next week should be a good matchup between an outstanding Badger team (under the control of Wilson) coming to grips with the Spartan D. Should be a good game....

I'm excited, easily the best game left on our schedule. Much better than going to OSU.

i like our chances to make the title game alot more now. niether team looked great and you can clearly see mich is overrated and to me mich st. has a loss to a much worse team than ours in ND plus they really didnt look all that great either.

Both defenses are good. Im not surprised by this. Our defense has not played as consistently as both Michigan and Michigan State. Though i will continue my prediction that we have a better chance to beat MSU than Michigan since MSU is a home game and Michigan isn't.