Be easy fellow husker fans...

Some of you get way to down on the team/staff when we lose a game. Remember the players are college kids. They aren't getting paid for this, what do you think most of them are more worried about a game of football or education to help through life. As for the coaches its a lot easier for people to sit and watch and then after the play say why did you do that or whatever. I mean come on, some of you get so down on the team when they lose and don't even act like a fan by pointing blame everywhere. About the lose it was the best QB we'll play all year (besides maybe Young if we go to the Big 12 champ) so just stay positive and act like the greatest fans in football.

Maybe we should accept mediocrity. This game was 2 steps backwards from the progress we made this year. We don't control our own destiny for the North now. Gotta have some help from other teams.

sorry, but i find mediocrity unacceptable, have all my life. maybe callahan strives for it and accepts it, most top notch folks do not.

Some of you get way to down on the team/staff when we lose a game. Remember the players are college kids. They aren't getting paid for this, what do you think most of them are more worried about a game of football or education to help through life. As for the coaches its a lot easier for people to sit and watch and then after the play say why did you do that or whatever. I mean come on, some of you get so down on the team when they lose and don't even act like a fan by pointing blame everywhere. About the lose it was the best QB we'll play all year (besides maybe Young if we go to the Big 12 champ) so just stay positive and act like the greatest fans in football.

Maybe we should accept mediocrity. This game was 2 steps backwards from the progress we made this year. We don't control our own destiny for the North now. Gotta have some help from other teams.

sorry, but i find mediocrity unacceptable, have all my life. maybe callahan strives for it and accepts it, most top notch folks do not.

:yeah

Peterson said he didn't like it either right??????

Seems like that has been forgotten uh.

:lol: You do realize your arguing with a post from 2005.

:lol: You do realize your arguing with a post from 2005.

And therein lies the problem...

A good coach would have shown us some semblence of progress, and not the same old song and dance we've seen since his arrival here.

The most embarrasing part of all this is, this post is 2 years old, and not much has changed. We're still losing big games, our offense is still mediocre at best, our defense seive like, and our coaches inept.

I have long since been an advocate that all students, regardless of talent should be required to give the school four years for which they receive scholarship. I'm not really sure what you realistically expect though of today's players. This is a huge business and top notch program. These kids generate tons of revenue for the school and themselves later on should they make the NFL. For some (very little), education is the last thing on their minds when you look at the majors they study. Now, I have long been very proud to boast about the Academic All-Americans this university has produced, but the bottom line is, this is major college football and these kids want and thrive on National Championships, not losing.

This is not just the first beginnings of losing we are seeing here, this has been here for 4 years under this coaching staff and the fans will not stand for it. We true Husker Fans will always support our team, but we cannot stand to see the spirit, the excitement, and the inability of coaches to motivate players be a permanent part of this tradition. The words spoken by these fans in here are the feelings that have been a part of our lives since we were able to identify what Nebraska football is. Some have cried in joy back in 95', enjoyed the fanfare associated with winning, and even some have been resigned to the fact that we had an off year prior to BC.

This tenure of coaching is the exact opposite of what we have come to know as Nebraska football and they are getting worse, not better, and the sad thing, everyone around the country can see it, but the AD. His legacy will be told in that he ruined for a period in time Nebraska Football and the fans here are not going to stand for it.

Education is supposed to be number 1, but in this day and age, it is truly number 2 when it comes down to winning football programs. No one says you cannot do both, but we are sinking fast and the only people that are realizing that are the fans of our football team. This team is not going to win the big games this year giving up 600 yds. in offense, because offense hasn't kept up. And you cannot be one dimensional in this game and be a top team. The fighting within has just begun and will continue to fester until a coaching change is made.