Problems start with the O line

I felt like I was watching an uglier version of the Texas Tech game today. We dig ourselves out of a big hole in the first half, only to go right back down in the second due to stupid penalties, turnovers, dropped passes, and a horrible offensive line. In every game I have watched this year, this team constantly kills drives with dumb penalties like holding, motion, false start, etc. There is no excuse for this in the 7th game of the season. How can our offensive line be so bad? Holding, false starts, and allowing Taylor to get drilled on nearly every play. It might be a long November for us unless these problems can be corrected, but nothing has changed in this department through 7 games, so don't hold your breath.

If we want to find a better LT all's we have to do is walk outside and wait for the next car to drive by. I gurantee there's a better tackle in that car. This guy is an absolute joke. Ross was blocking his defensive end better than he was. Seppo isn't far behind.

Agreed. Might as well play the youngns to get experience for next year. Slauson played a bit early and a few plays against baylor i think. Throw them into the mix. How much worse can it be?

Since our te's aren't very good why can't we leave one or two of them on the line to block. Ross has been doing an admirable job, but can't be expected to block 300 lb DT's. We need major help in that area.

He blocks the 300 lb. DT's better than our O-line does. I feel really bad talking about our O-line like this, I don't usually like to talk bad about college athletes, but it seems as if they're not even trying that hard. Not once during this game did I see a lineman helf Taylor up after they let someone by and he got drilled.

One of the constant plays thruout the game was the collapse of the Left side of the NU offensive line. Lost track of how many times C - Thomas was beat. Hope that BC decides to play Murtha more and others who show promise. The talk of going 10-1 seems like a pipe-dream. I still believe that NU will return to greatnes, but its obviously a couple of years away. Let's build for the future.