Point Spread NU -4

armed1

Really, I thought it was going to be more like 4.5-5.5 in the other direction...

Sports betting might not be a good idea for you then................

Actually, sports betting may be perfect for them. If a person really thinks NU should be 4-5 point dogs then this would be the ideal game to bet on MSU. You would be getting an extra 8+/- pt cushion. I haven't bet all year but MSU +4.5 sounds too good to be true. Based on having watched both teams I see nothing that leads me to believe the Huskers will play a complete 4 quarter game or that our D will miraculously "come around" this week. Hey if a guy has to be disappointed in how the game goes, making a little extra cash in the process can't hurt. And if you lose the bet, so what, your Huskers just won a big game.

The key phrase here is "too good to be true"....Vegas knows it will be extremely difficult for MSU to get up for a game with the Huskers and they set the line accordingly...I think they come into Lincoln flat after 2 huge weekends with Michigan and Wisconsin.

I'm not buying that. If MSU wins this game they're nearly a lock for Indy. They know that.

Really, I thought it was going to be more like 4.5-5.5 in the other direction...

Sports betting might not be a good idea for you then................

Actually, sports betting may be perfect for them. If a person really thinks NU should be 4-5 point dogs then this would be the ideal game to bet on MSU. You would be getting an extra 8+/- pt cushion. I haven't bet all year but MSU +4.5 sounds too good to be true. Based on having watched both teams I see nothing that leads me to believe the Huskers will play a complete 4 quarter game or that our D will miraculously "come around" this week. Hey if a guy has to be disappointed in how the game goes, making a little extra cash in the process can't hurt. And if you lose the bet, so what, your Huskers just won a big game.

The key phrase here is "too good to be true"....Vegas knows it will be extremely difficult for MSU to get up for a game with the Huskers and they set the line accordingly...I think they come into Lincoln flat after 2 huge weekends with Michigan and Wisconsin.

I'm not buying that. If MSU wins this game they're nearly a lock for Indy. They know that.

That is true...

but they might under-estimate NU --- thinking the Huskers are well below the caliber of who they have recently played and they might relax thinking that NU is a gimme and relax too much. That is, they may take us too lightly and maybe we surprise them -- (at least at the beginning of the game).

That the spread is against them will mitigate against this and play well for MSu and against NU.

Well.... If NU doesn't turn the ball over, they can beat any team in the Big 10...... even with a crappy defense. You don't have to be a sunshine pumping Husker homer to make that claim.

Now, I can understand everyone's lack of confidence because Martinez has a propensity to turnover the football in big games. But, NU can and will move the football against any team not named LSU or Alabama this season.

Therefore, things shouldn't be all gloom and doom in Husker land. If Nebraska doesn't give Michigan State extra possessions off of turnovers or special teams mistakes, Nebraska will beat them and put up more yards/points than any previous Spartan opponent.

i have a good feeling about this game...... dont know why but im not as freaked out as withe Wisconsin game..

i think the guys will be pumped and have sort of a redemtion factor after the Wisconsin game... i think the coaches will prep them and inform them of the chance to really take control of their season.... i think motivation will be a huge factor

Folks keep mentioning the Notre Dame game.

In that game, ND stopped MSU from running and Cousins couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. End of story - there was no sugar coating it.

However, that isn't how he normally plays; he doesn't always hit the long ball but he is solid on the short-mid game. He's almost up to his normal standards which are pretty good. ND was an anomaly, I wouldn't plan on winning using their formula.

I know Cousins is an NFL caliber QB, but I'm not sure how much of a runner he is because to be honest, the only time our D has struggled under Pelini is against running QB's especially those who can pull it down and take off on 3rd down. That's why we struggled so much against Wisc and why Michigan actually worries me much more than Mich St does.