Point Spread NU -4

armed1

This spread as far as I'm concerned takes into account State's failures in the past coming into a huge football game. Last year an undefeated State team who was thought to be a better team then Iowa was a 7 point dog at Kinnick. Everyone once again thought this line was completely off and we know how the rest of the story goes. Hoping that my Spartans are ready to go and with Gholston back they should be even stronger, but it would not surprise me one bit if NU wins this game and by a sizable margin at that. Hope I'm wrong and GO GREEN!!

The fact that MSU beat a Wisconsin team that whipped us + the fact that Nebraska defense still hasn't stepped up against mediocre offenses + the fact that we actually play worse in big games at home under Pelni should make MSU a clear favorite.

But I think last weekend provided the perfect setup: a physically and emotionally draining game for MSU that has them ranked above Nebraska, and a solid but imperfect win by Nebraska that leaves them feeling they still have a lot to prove. Which they do.

I feel better about this game than I did Wiscy.

Big 10 is gonna devour its own.

I know Cousins is an NFL caliber QB, but I'm not sure how much of a runner he is because to be honest, the only time our D has struggled under Pelini is against running QB's especially those who can pull it down and take off on 3rd down. That's why we struggled so much against Wisc and why Michigan actually worries me much more than Mich St does.

Yep - it's not like his legs are stone but he's certainly more of an elusive pocket passer than part of the MSU run game. To my eye he's releasing the ball nicely when blitzed and hasn't shown any tendency to panic. Everybody loves the guy and he seems comfortable with who he is and his role. I contrast that with Wilson in the Wisconsin game, also well liked, but he had more to prove and seemed to have a little more of the world on his shoulders.

I think with MSU you get a very good team that has all the elements of a very good team in every phase of the game. They're quite balanced on offense and have plenty of speed and talent. They are well coached and generally play like they know what they are supposed to do. No, they aren't ready to play Alabama and LSU but they aren't Minnesota either. If I had to bet, I would say that they will not get beaten solely on the ground. Nebraska is going to have to protect on the pass and execute. Likewise, I don't think MSU can win it on the ground. They will throw mid-range passes and toss in some deep strikes. When all else fails, they have two very talented tight ends that can catch as well.

I see this as a game where the team that can pass the best wins it. That's why Wisconsin is so tough. You can't stop their run and even if you do it doesn't get any easier with Wilson back there.

This spread as far as I'm concerned takes into account State's failures in the past coming into a huge football game. Last year an undefeated State team who was thought to be a better team then Iowa was a 7 point dog at Kinnick. Everyone once again thought this line was completely off and we know how the rest of the story goes. Hoping that my Spartans are ready to go and with Gholston back they should be even stronger, but it would not surprise me one bit if NU wins this game and by a sizable margin at that. Hope I'm wrong and GO GREEN!!

i still can't believe you guys lost to iowa last year, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Bet the farm on Nebraska. It must be that game we get everything right and win by 14+. Vegas is almost begging you take MSU

I like the way you think! Sparty is overdue for laying an egg. It happens every year.

Actually, Taylor Martinez CAN pick you apart. Especially when your receivers catch the ball.

And our running backs like catching the ball, and like it that play action works both ways: the opposing D can't stack the box.

Attempting 20 - 25 passes a game isn't going away from the running game, it's simply running a good offense.