Sparty on the road this year

MSU has played two road games this year.

Overall road record 1-1. They lost at NDame 31-13 and won at tOSU 10-7 thus are averaging 11.5 pts/game on the road.

As for rushing yards, they had 29yd total vs NDame and only 71yd rushing vs tOSU. They had 6 penalties at NDame and 13 penalties at tOSU.

This is their fourth tough game(Mich, tOSU, Wiscy and now Neb) in a row while Nebraska is coming of a bye week followed by soap scrimmage at Minn. I think these numbers shed a little light on why Huskers are favored by 4pt at home.

Thought?

Overall road record 1-1. They lost at NDame 31-13 and won at tOSU 10-7 thus are averaging 11.5 pts/game on the road.

As for rushing yards, they had 29yd total vs NDame and only 71yd rushing vs tOSU. They had 6 penalties at NDame and 13 penalties at tOSU.

This is their fourth tough game(Mich, tOSU, Wiscy and now Neb) in a row while Nebraska is coming of a bye week followed by soap scrimmage at Minn. I think these numbers shed a little light on why Huskers are favored by 4pt at home.

Thought?

All I can say is this. Although they beat Wisky, Cousins looked scared to death on the last couple drives of that game. He will get rattled if we get any pressure on him and if our crowd is into it. This is the key for us. Because their run game doesn't scare me at all. What scares me is their defense getting pressure on us and our offense turning the ball over multiple times.

This game being at home is definitely a HUGE check mark in our advantage. Hopefully we don't neutralize this by having a bunch of careless turnovers (like that would ever happen). I would love nothing more then to see our defense keep improving and our offense continue to run the ball so well and make short completions using play action passes. If we play up to our abilities, this game can be won! Can't wait!

Thought?

All I can say is this. Although they beat Wisky, Cousins looked scared to death on the last couple drives of that game. He will get rattled if we get any pressure on him and if our crowd is into it. This is the key for us. Because their run game doesn't scare me at all. What scares me is their defense getting pressure on us and our offense turning the ball over multiple times.

Bean, I agree. I said as much in the "Why we beat MSU" thread.

But, to play Devil's Advocate, could you imagine a game where MSU gets their running game on track? If that gets clicking, that last place in the Big 10 rushing attack, how bad would that be?

It would be horrendous if we can't even shut down their horrendous running game. I don't even want to think about how they'd exploit us through the air in that scenario.

I don't think they will run all over us, just to be clear... The thought just popped into my head and I thought it warranted posting.

Sparty only scored 10 on tOSU?? Heck, we score over twice that much on the Buckies in the last 20 minutes of the game. (//hoping nobody remembers the first 40 minutes)

I been hearing from a lot of people the same couple of statements for the game this week. It seem that people feel because of MSU having four consecutive tough games and maybe because they are worn down by Wisconsin size as reasons why the win. I haven't heard to many people say we will win because we will punch them in the mouth. Its like people are hoping for a let down from them in order for us to be successful.

I think the same kind of things can be said for us. We have not looked particularly good at home this season. We may be on a emotionality high thinking we now have it together after dominating a team who's one win was against Miami of OH (who is currently 2 - 6)