Martinez comments fuel fire Saturday

True2tRA

lol, just like he was going to "shock the world" against Wisc? Taylor needs to shut up and play.

Wasnt he the guy who said bubba was going to "play LB or something like that"? lol, kid has gifts.... brains isnt one of them.

OK, Taylor has made his share of stupid comments, but he did not say Bubba was going to play LB or something like that. He was asked about Bubba and he was commenting about how he has the athleticism to play anywhere on the field. Correct me if I'm wrong, I am going off memory from listening to that interview.

By the way, you people who think Bulletin Board material is weak and pathetic......Every single Nebraska team in the 90's used different things like this to get pumped. I have tapes of almost every game in the 90's, including the National Championship teams in which some of these comments are referenced. Teams at every level do things like this.

Yeah, any perceived slight is used as bulletin board material. It's just what good coaches do. They'll find bulletin board material anywhere.

lol, just like he was going to "shock the world" against Wisc? Taylor needs to shut up and play.

Wasnt he the guy who said bubba was going to "play LB or something like that"? lol, kid has gifts.... brains isnt one of them.

There's a huge difference between "Bubba is going to play Linebacker for Nebraska" and "Bubba is so versatile, he could play Linebacker for Nebraska if he wanted to."

• Fire 1

seriously some people need to look at the context of the quotes because you looks like a fool when you take a comment completely out of context.

i love the confidence and if he didnt think this way then i would be worried. people were saying he should be more of a leader last season and now this season he is and people wanna bitch about that too!!! just bitch to bitch i guess...

• Fire 1

You guys never listen to the context that question was asked and it is not even printed right. Watch the stupid conference, he was not calling out the defense in the comment, he said it was extremely hard for anyone to throw in the wind that day. The shock the world comment was also taken out of context, he said while laughing because it was a joking comment in sarcasm because it would not have been shocking the world. Please research more before you post you. Second if that is considered trash talk none of you have ever played meaningful football, there is no real trash talk anymore. We used to have players say way better stuff. If Michigan State needs some stupid comment to pump them up then so be it, bunch of dirty playing *&$(#&(*#. Please guys you need to listen to the whole conversation before you put some stupid analysis on here, it makes it look like you don't care. "There just another good defense" he means he thinks their good! Freaking turds

Here's a link to the story KingBlank. You seem pretty upset......maybe cool down and read this article and take what you want from it. http://www.freep.com/article/20111026/SPORTS07/110260380/Nebraska-QB-Wind-not-Michigan-State-slowed-Denard-Robinson

Fact is though KingBlank, your little nancy pantsy rant there doesn't change the fact that clearly the Michigan State defensive lineman took it as a bit of an insult. So your point really has no bearing here at all. Like the OP says, the comment added a bit of fuel to the fire.....from Worthy's comments, you can see he has taken notice.

It's a Michigan paper. They are gonna take things out of context in order to cause a stir and get hits.

This is really weak bulletin board material, but the MSU coaches just reached to find something they could try to rally their team around to pin the focus on their next game. Martinez didn't mean to disparage the MSU defense as much as he wanted to portray confidence.

Martinez just has a weird way of answering questions and dealing with the media. I heard that comment and didn't think a thing of it... it was typical Taylor.

This was exactly what I thought when I read it,

Ugh... :facepalm:

Taylor speaks for 3 minutes on average during each press conference and he manages to sputter out this garbage. Jesus I am getting sick of this kid. He needs to know, as the leader of a football team, what things to say to the media, and what things to keep between his ears. I hate the fact that he can never put together a coherent sentence when he speaks to the media, and when he finally does, it's about how the opposition didn't actually play as well as everyone thinks. Carnes needs to improve ASAP.

Ugh... :facepalm:

Taylor speaks for 3 minutes on average during each press conference and he manages to sputter out this garbage. Jesus I am getting sick of this kid. He needs to know, as the leader of a football team, what things to say to the media, and what things to keep between his ears. I hate the fact that he can never put together a coherent sentence when he speaks to the media, and when he finally does, it's about how the opposition didn't actually play as well as everyone thinks. Carnes needs to improve ASAP.

I picture you stomping around like a three year old throwing a temper tantrum as you write this. Did you stomp your feet and say I'm really mad! ARRRRR!

crying.jpg