Martinez comments fuel fire Saturday

True2tRA

At least they haven't paired him with some aging player named "Crash" that taught him his interview key words which he in turned used all in succession on his first interview.

So you're saying he should just breathe through his eyelids?

Yep, but we can't ignore the fact that we may need to find a live rooster.

At least they haven't paired him with some aging player named "Crash" that taught him his interview key words which he in turned used all in succession on his first interview.

some placesettings always make a good gift, find out where they're registered...

Ugh... :facepalm:

Taylor speaks for 3 minutes on average during each press conference and he manages to sputter out this garbage. Jesus I am getting sick of this kid. He needs to know, as the leader of a football team, what things to say to the media, and what things to keep between his ears. I hate the fact that he can never put together a coherent sentence when he speaks to the media, and when he finally does, it's about how the opposition didn't actually play as well as everyone thinks. Carnes needs to improve ASAP.

Dude, I'm not trying to hate on you, and you are entitled to have and voice your opinion, but I laughed when you called TMART a kid...you're 20 (according to your profile) he's probably older than you!

• Fire 1

You're a hell of an athlete Taylor, but in the words of Chris Farley, "I wish you could just shut your big YAPPER!"

At least they haven't paired him with some aging player named "Crash" that taught him his interview key words which he in turn used all in succession on his first interview.

If Taylor uses the words "out there", "radical", and "tubular" next time he's interviewed, we might have to hire Crash as a PR guy.

Last time I checked Denard Robinson can't throw the ball whether it's windy out or not, the key to the Michigan game was Denard couldn't get his average 200 yards a game on the ground. So for Taylor to being saying things that it was the defense who shut Denard down is a bit absurd. I do agree with you Crewe and Blank that absolutely no extra motivation should be needed for a game like this.

Sparty, this is the same person who said this in the same interview:

"We just have to take each game one at a time. It doesn't matter if we lose this game. Michigan State might lose to someone else. This doesn't have to be a key game for us."

Us Husker fans are used to these quotes by now and we just shake our heads. Honestly, I think it'd just be better to not let Martinez do any press conferences. He doesn't want to do them anyways and he says the same things every week.

Taylor speaks for 3 minutes on average during each press conference and he manages to sputter out this garbage. Jesus I am getting sick of this kid. He needs to know, as the leader of a football team, what things to say to the media, and what things to keep between his ears. I hate the fact that he can never put together a coherent sentence when he speaks to the media, and when he finally does, it's about how the opposition didn't actually play as well as everyone thinks. Carnes needs to improve ASAP.

I picture you stomping around like a three year old throwing a temper tantrum as you write this. Did you stomp your feet and say I'm really mad! ARRRRR!

crying.jpg

Obviously I'm not stomping my feet and throwing a temper tantrum like a child. It's a message board. Things like this are posted all the time. Taylor did something stupid and unnecessary, which in turn made me even more frustrated with him. I have never been a big Martinez fan, so when he does something like this, yes, I get upset.

On a side note, it definitely shows maturity when you call out someone you don't even know and call them a 3 year old. Not to mention including a suitable picture to further your irrelevant point. Good one, bro.

Dude, I'm not trying to hate on you, and you are entitled to have and voice your opinion, but I laughed when you called TMART a kid...you're 20 (according to your profile) he's probably older than you!

It's just the way I talk. I call a lot of people my age or even people a couple years older than me "kid". It's just my dialect. A lot of people I know talk like that. What's the big deal? Would it really be any different if I had called him guy? Whether I say "kid" "guy" "man" "dude" "player" etc, I'm talking about the same thing....Taylor.

I'm not trying to hate on you, or anyone else for that matter, but I always laugh at people who use the nicknames like "TMART, TMAGIC, TSWIFT" etc. It's just annoying in my opinion, but again, that's just me.

For the record, his birthday is in May and mine is in March, so I'm a couple months older. :)

some placesettings always make a good gift, find out where they're registered...

Great stuff fellers.

I picture you stomping around like a three year old throwing a temper tantrum as you write this. Did you stomp your feet and say I'm really mad! ARRRRR!

crying.jpg

Obviously I'm not stomping my feet and throwing a temper tantrum like a child. It's a message board. Things like this are posted all the time. Taylor did something stupid and unnecessary, which in turn made me even more frustrated with him. I have never been a big Martinez fan, so when he does something like this, yes, I get upset.

On a side note, it definitely shows maturity when you call out someone you don't even know and call them a 3 year old. Not to mention including a suitable picture to further your irrelevant point. Good one, bro.

73508 - Sweetie_Belle animated apple_bloom gif internet_fight macro scootaloo twilight_sparkle.gif

This whole thing is being blown out of proportion, pretty much like anything is when Taylor Martinez is involved.

Frankly, all of Taylor's comments this week are a result of his mindset that this is just any other game. That's a good thing. That's what I want him thinking. When he thinks it's a huge game or when he thinks it's all on him, he tries to do too much (e.g. the Wisconsin game). I want him to just come out for another day at the office - play within the offense, take what the defense gives him, and punch his time card at the end of a ho-hum, boring day where maybe he didn't put up 400 yards of total offense, but where he also didn't commit any turnovers or make many mistakes.

That said, I want the rest of the team to treat this as if it's the playoff game that it really is. I want them to come out with their hair on fire like they did against Missouri last year in the same situation.

“Hopefully there’s no wind so he can make no excuses when we go out there and do our thing.”

If anything, the above statement provided by MSU's defensive player is far more "fuel" for OUR locker room than anything. He basically (without exact specifics) stated that they're going to go out there and completely stop Martinez from so much as breathing. It's a shot at not only Martinez but our offensive line too.

Just another way too look at it, instead of the socially awkward Martinez's comments. I love the kid, but he provides more "haha uh??"s from me than "ahh, yes indeed"s when he talks to the media. Which is fine, and another topic...sort of.

• Fire 1

I never understood the whole "bulletin board material" thing. If a team needs to have this to fire them up...well then there is something really wrong with their passion, desire, and fight. In other words...who really cares what a player says to the media?!

apparently the spartans do.