*** Official Michigan State Game Discussion Thread ***

knapplc

Overall.....The D has performed better than I expected. I like that Beck is sticking with the running game for the most part. However, I am confused as why he called the lob and pray near the end of the half that got picked. No reason for that call, and it let MS back in the game.

I think the O line needs to do a better job of pass protection though; the few play that were pass plays, TM had zero time.

1) Both defenses are playing lights out.

2) Neither team can pass. (Hurts them more - since thats Cousins "thing")

3) We both suck on first down.

4) Offense is pathetic.

5) Martinez, as I've said all along, great QB for average defenses - not so much against top D's. The lack of throwing ability kills us. (See the slow mo of his throwing motion? Ouch.)

6) Jamal Turner? Enunwa? Reed? Bell? Find ways to get them the ball.

7) Diamond formation, why don't we use it more?

I'm honestly surprised that we have the lead right now. Our defense has played superb, but sh#t, we can't throw the ball.

this is what worries me EVERY game!!!! We will never be a top tier team if we can throw for a first down or hit open WR's!!!

huh?

Be honest if we play any top 5 team are you confident it will be close with us just being able to run the ball??? Thats what I am saying, any team can focus on stopping our run.

Man, other than Rex, the offense is playing like complete garbage. Beck's going back to stop doing what was working and try to pass with one of the leagues worst passing QB's. That slow motion they showed of Martinez throwing was just pathetic. It's absolutely painful to watch him throw the ball.

???

He threw 6 passes. Beck isn't trying to pass it too much, and he's not "going away from what's working" because NOTHING is working.

We were running right up the gut and gaining yards, then Beck decided to try and get tricky. We started running up the gut again with Burkhead at the end and ran for a first down, then comes the pass to the sure handed Kinnie. Start going back to power run, then stopping it and trying to pass. Seems like our last coordinator seemed to do the same f'n thing. We need to start powering over their O-line and wear them down and then it all opens up as long as we don't let Martinez throw anything longer than 5 yards.

1) Both defenses are playing lights out.

2) Neither team can pass. (Hurts them more - since thats Cousins "thing")

3) We both suck on first down.

4) Offense is pathetic.

5) Martinez, as I've said all along, great QB for average defenses - not so much against top D's. The lack of throwing ability kills us. (See the slow mo of his throwing motion? Ouch.)

6) Jamal Turner? Enunwa? Reed? Bell? Find ways to get them the ball.

7) Diamond formation, why don't we use it more?

All great points ...........

WOW Tmart was getting hammered by them!!!!! Saying Bo should NEVER let number 3 throw ever again

Cousins is 1 int. and 4 of 15 perhaps he should never throw either if that is what the annoucers are looking at.

That not all they are looking at!!! They are looking at poor mechanics.

As far as Taylor's passing goes, we all know that you have to put him in position to succeed. So far we haven't been able to do that.

We've only thrown 6 passes... 1 was a completion, 1 was a drop, 1 was an interception off a deflection, and 1 was basically a throw-away in the face of a blitz, and 2 others were incompletions I don't remember. His passing hasn't been good, but we haven't put him in a position to succeed like we did against Ohio State, either.

Man, other than Rex, the offense is playing like complete garbage. Beck's going back to stop doing what was working and try to pass with one of the leagues worst passing QB's. That slow motion they showed of Martinez throwing was just pathetic. It's absolutely painful to watch him throw the ball.

???

He threw 6 passes. Beck isn't trying to pass it too much, and he's not "going away from what's working" because NOTHING is working.

We were running right up the gut and gaining yards, then Beck decided to try and get tricky. We started running up the gut again with Burkhead at the end and ran for a first down, then comes the pass to the sure handed Kinnie. Start going back to power run, then stopping it and trying to pass. Seems like our last coordinator seemed to do the same f'n thing. We need to start powering over their O-line and wear them down and then it all opens up as long as we don't let Martinez throw anything longer than 5 yards.

The shovel pass that flowed the same was as the play action is a terrible play.