Nebraska jumps to #9 in both polls

knapplc

Obviously the coaches didn't follow or watch the vandy vs Ark game last night because they is no way they are 8th team in the country. Vandy did all they could to give ARk the game and finally succeeded in doing so

Its clear Arkansas is getting a free pass because they play in SEC. Good news they still have to play LSU.

Teams in the top 10 that still have to play one another.

Oregon/Stanford

Okie Lite/OU

LSU/Alabama

LSU/Arkansas

South Carolina/Arkansas

the next month could get real interseting.

another perspective could be that the Huskers do not play anymore top ten teams. probably not even in the B1G championship game. that kind of sucks and will not be helpful to end of regular season ranking. maybe they can pull a decent bowl opponent.

another perspective could be that the Huskers do not play anymore top ten teams. probably not even in the B1G championship game. that kind of sucks and will not be helpful to end of regular season ranking. maybe they can pull a decent bowl opponent.

We could end up as the highest-ranked Big Ten team at the end of the season. If we lose one of NW/PSU/Michigan/Iowa, we may be out of the Big Ten Championship. If lost to Penn State, but beat Michigan and Iowa, we'd rise up to around 12-13. Loser of the Big Ten Championship likely drops below us, meaning only one other B1G team ranked higher than us. If that team loses their bowl game, and we win ours, it's conceivable that we finish with the best ranking.

It's an academic thought, though. Finishing the season as the highest-ranked team in our conference isn't our goal.

I don't understand the love fest for Auburn. They won the MNC, but they have looked downright awful at times this year. The fact that they keep popping back up in the Top 25 is mind boggling, and the fact that people want to use them at Arkansas's keynote win is even worse.

Obviously the coaches didn't follow or watch the vandy vs Ark game last night because they is no way they are 8th team in the country. Vandy did all they could to give ARk the game and finally succeeded in doing so

This is why Arkinsaw is ranked #8....

W - Missouri State (51-7)

W - New Mexico 52-3)

W - Troy (38-28)

L - at Alabama (14-38)

W - Texas A&M (42-38)

W - Auburn (38-14)

W - at Mississippi 29-24)

W - at Vanderbilt (31-28)

What are you talking about??? The only remaining ranked team they beat is #25 Auburn!!! 2-6 Ole Miss, 4-4 Vandy, 2-5 Troy, 0-8 New Mexico, 1-8 Missouri State. Yeah, very impressive!

Alabama is clearly better than Wisconsin (the losses).

Auburn and Texas A&M are about the same as Michigan State and Ohio State, let's see how they do when bowl season comes about.

I don't understand the love fest for Auburn. They won the MNC, but they have looked downright awful at times this year. The fact that they keep popping back up in the Top 25 is mind boggling, and the fact that people want to use them at Arkansas's keynote win is even worse.

SEC teams will continue to get the benefit of doubt... until they stop winning out of conference games, bowl games, and national championships.

SEC teams will continue to get the benefit of doubt... until they stop winning out of conference games, bowl games, and national championships.

That's one of the things I don't get, however. There's no doubt that the SEC has earned a lot of the praise and respect they've had over the last several years, especially teams like LSU, Bama and Florida for what they've done. But if I were an ESPN analyst, I'd be sick of talking about how great the SEC is and I'd be sick of putting them on a pedestal above everybody else, regardless of whether or not it's true.

That doesn't mean I'd be subjective and places worse teams ahead of them just because, but I'd at least be wary of the fact that many of these teams have not looked good. I know ESPN is not responsible for the polls, but my god...some of these voters are either brainwashed or their votes are being made for them. Insert conspiracy theory.

I don't really believe that. I just find it all very interesting.

The SEC doesn't play anyone for their OOC games. Maybe Alabama with PSU and LSU with Oregon, but everyone else, not so much. And you are crazy to say that Auburn and A&M are on the same plane as MSU and OSU.

Florida State, Clemson, GT, BYU, and as you said PSU and Oregon? They're getting better about it

My question is: How in the hell does Stanford move to the #3 spot when they went into a 3rd OT with an UNRANKED team?

edit: Well atleast the AP has them ranked 4th.

Wasnt USC like 7-1 or 6-1 before the stanford game? Don't quote me on this, but I am assuming the reason they weren't ranked is because they aren't eligible for postseason play?

The SEC doesn't play anyone for their OOC games. Maybe Alabama with PSU and LSU with Oregon, but everyone else, not so much.

LSU has done well in beating Oregon and West Virginia, but Alabama notsomuch in only beating Penn State. And Georgia did lose to Boise. But which othe conference had its top teams play aginst that level of competition?

And you are crazy to say that Auburn and A&M are on the same plane as MSU and OSU.

We'll see during the bowl season, when teams play out of conference again. Texas A&M came very close to not choking against Oklahoma State. Miami came very close to not choking against Toledo.

Wasnt USC like 7-1 or 6-1 before the stanford game? Don't quote me on this, but I am assuming the reason they weren't ranked is because they aren't eligible for postseason play?

USC beat Minnesota by two points to open the season, then was shreaded by Arizona State.

And the Trogans cannot be ranked in the Coaches Poll or the BCS.

Based on current BCS standings... 1 LSU 8-0 2 Alabama 8-0 3 Oklahoma State 8-0 4 Stanford 8-0 5 Boise State 7-0 6 Oklahoma 7-1 7 Arkansas 7-1 8 Oregon 7-1 9 South Carolina

We need OU, AR, UO and SC to lose in the next week or 2.....That will move us up to top 5 and depending on us winning the B1GC, we could quite possibly be in the NC game esp. if Boise has a close game with some no-name team and!!

This is why Arkinsaw is ranked #8....

W - Missouri State (51-7)

W - New Mexico 52-3)

W - Troy (38-28)

L - at Alabama (14-38)

W - Texas A&M (42-38)

W - Auburn (38-14)

W - at Mississippi 29-24)

W - at Vanderbilt (31-28)

What are you talking about??? The only remaining ranked team they beat is #25 Auburn!!! 2-6 Ole Miss, 4-4 Vandy, 2-5 Troy, 0-8 New Mexico, 1-8 Missouri State. Yeah, very impressive! :bs:

I went to Missouri State ... didn't realize we had a football team. chuckleshuffle