How about Nebraska v. Oklahoma in the Rose Bowl

f#*k that, Rose Bowl is Pac-10 v. Big Ten. I don't care if there are loopholes or what happened in the past, don't ruin it this year like they did last year. The Big XII has their bowls, they should stay there.

Dude... No one is saying it's GOING to happen. Nor are they saying Nebraska is trying to change the Big 10 traditions to align more with our own. They are just stating that, because we have SO much history with Oklahoma, and there has been some "off" match-ups in the Rose Bowl in recent years, it would be really cool (from the Husker fan perspective), if a Husker-Sooner Rose Bowl match up was to happen.

:bigredn:

Really?

To any Nebraska fan, Nebraska vs. Oklahoma is WAAAY bigger than Big Ten vs. Pac 12. I mean, everyone loves the Big Ten so far, but the one thing we all miss, and will always miss, from the Big 12/8: Oklahoma.

I would hope Big 10 fans would realize this too. Nebraska vs Oklahoma is not only a Nebraska tradition...its a College Football Tradition. Now that this games is going to be played VERY RARELY, you take advantage of it whenever you can. Who cares if it disrupts the Rose Bowl and the B1G vs Pac 12 tradition. Nebraska vs Oklahoma is bigger and more important than that. The Rose Bowl could hypothetically play B1G vs Pac 12 every year for the next 100+ years. Nebraska vs Oklahoma might happen 2-3 times the next 100 years. You play NU vs OU in the Rose Bowl.

nice

To any Nebraska fan, Nebraska vs. Oklahoma is WAAAY bigger than Big Ten vs. Pac 12. I mean, everyone loves the Big Ten so far, but the one thing we all miss, and will always miss, from the Big 12/8: Oklahoma.

I would hope Big 10 fans would realize this too. Nebraska vs Oklahoma is not only a Nebraska tradition...its a College Football Tradition. Now that this games is going to be played VERY RARELY, you take advantage of it whenever you can. Who cares if it disrupts the Rose Bowl and the B1G vs Pac 12 tradition. Nebraska vs Oklahoma is bigger and more important than that. The Rose Bowl could hypothetically play B1G vs Pac 12 every year for the next 100+ years. Nebraska vs Oklahoma might happen 2-3 times the next 100 years. You play NU vs OU in the Rose Bowl.

For most people Nebraska-Oklahoma doesn't even register as a rivalry. http://espn.go.com/s...Id=1&listId=311 just one example. Sorry, add it to your OCS. Don't change our tradition.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/26676228

You should just go back to your Wisconsin board if you really can't figure out why Nebraska vs Oklahoma isn't mentioned on either of those polls.

For most people Nebraska-Oklahoma doesn't even register as a rivalry. http://espn.go.com/s...Id=1&listId=311 just one example. Sorry, add it to your OCS. Don't change our tradition.

You should just go back to your Wisconsin board if you really can't figure out why Nebraska vs Oklahoma isn't mentioned on either of those polls.

For most people Nebraska-Oklahoma doesn't even register as a rivalry. For most people Wisconsin doesn't even register as a football team.

Fixed it for you. :thumbs

i disagree with huskerbs in these two instances. the ou-NU rivalry ended with a whimper long ago, and it is silly to expect, or even want, the B1G to change some of its greatest traditions for our preference. the ou-NU rivalry was only relevant when both teams were in the top ten, which was a lot, but hoping for ou-NU to play again would only be for the nostalgia, not to preserve or revive any perceived rivalry. wisconsin has had to unfortunate loses, but they are still the team the rudely introduced us to the B1G.

If OU and Stanford win out, Stanford will be going to the NC game. I wonder if it could land OU in the Rose Bowl. OU played in the Rose Bowl several years ago. Man, the Rose Bowl would be salivating to have this matchup. If I am not mistaken, the Rose Bowl gets the first choice of a replacement if one of their participants is sent to the NC game. I don't think they'd choose a 2-loss Oregon over a 1-loss OU. Would love to get back at OU for last year.

It doesn't matter, in this scenario that means that OU would win the big12, meaning Fiesta Bowl all the way.

I wish people would just take some time to think about how the BCS works.

I would imagine the online demographic that responded to that ESPN link predominantly represent the younger football crowd, not the folks who grew up in the 70s, 80s & 90s watching Nebraska/Oklahoma for all the marbles.

Ohio State has The Game with Michigan. If they stopped playing that game this year, how long would it be before EVERYONE stopped caring about it? It would take decades. I didn't even grow up a Big Ten fan and I watched Michigan/Ohio State pretty much every year.

If OU and Stanford win out, Stanford will be going to the NC game. I wonder if it could land OU in the Rose Bowl. OU played in the Rose Bowl several years ago. Man, the Rose Bowl would be salivating to have this matchup. If I am not mistaken, the Rose Bowl gets the first choice of a replacement if one of their participants is sent to the NC game. I don't think they'd choose a 2-loss Oregon over a 1-loss OU. Would love to get back at OU for last year.

It doesn't matter, in this scenario that means that OU would win the big12, meaning Fiesta Bowl all the way.

I wish people would just take some time to think about how the BCS works.

Thank you. As I've been catching up on this thread this morning, I was resisting the urge to immediately post this, hoping someone else would.

And as far as badgerfan goes, the Rose Bowl has hosted an outsider in 5 of the last 10 teams. Nebraska isn't ruining any tradition. It's already been ruined. Even if we wanted OU (and they were available), we don't have the power to make it happen, nor are we asking for that power (other than an obvious just-in-fun post, capisce?). Just because we are in the Big 10, don't expect us to totally buy into the Rose Bowl being the Granddaddy Of Them All, more important than any other game including the championship, as some say (not in this thread). And for WoodyHayes, you've already been proven wrong by Texas over Cal, so get over it. It has happened before, it'll happen again, maybe not this year, but it will happen.

It's all pretty premature anyway. Right now there are what, 6 or 7 teams with a pretty reasonable shot at the B1G championship? Even if we are the most likely, it's only a slight edge, so I'd put our odds at 20%, 25% at most, of going to the Rose Bowl.