How about Nebraska v. Oklahoma in the Rose Bowl

I Don't understand how my arguments are poor, they're all pretty well founded....the Rose Bowl is widely recognized as a traditionally Pac 10 - Big 10 bowl. I'm also sorry I don't agree with you but considering the fact that NU has been offered a chance to play OU in a home-home series and hasn't jumped on kind of proves to me that your own school doesn't care about this game.

a tradition that is slowly dying. As someone mentioned, 50% of the time it's not a B1G/Pac matchup. What kind of tradition is that? (oh, same frequency as our tradition with Oklahoma the last 15 years) - Welcome to the BCS era.

For most people Nebraska-Oklahoma doesn't even register as a rivalry.

It stopped being a rivalry when Oklahoma decided that it wasn't in 1998.

The Sooners are now married to Texas, and we're now married to Iowa after a brief stint with Colorado.

If we were married to Colorado, why were we never charged with domestic violence? Just wonderin. :ahhhhhhhh

The Sooners are now married to Texas, and we're now married to Iowa after a brief stint with Colorado.

If we were married to Colorado, why were we never charged with domestic violence? Just wonderin. :ahhhhhhhh

because they were the ones always throwing sh!t?

I have to agree with Badgerfan that the Rose Bowl traditionally, historically has been a Big 10-Pac 10 matchup. But, since the inception of the BCS, it has given way on occasion to non-traditional matchups.

2011 Wiscy-TCU

2006 Texas-USC (NCG)

2005 Texas-Michigan

2003 Oklahoma-WSU

2002 Miami-Nebraska (NCG)

Prior to that you have to go back to 1946 to find anything other than a Big 10-Pac 10 matchup.

I think all the Husker fans on here, that would like to see NU-OU in the Rose Bowl, are saying is; if the chips fall a certain way, then yes we would like a Nebraska-Oklahoma matchup in the Rose Bowl. No one is proposing shattering an untouchable 100 year tradition and no one is saying that it shouldn't primarily be a Big 10-Pac 10 matchup. And any Husker fan who fails to recognize the rivalry we did have with OU (simply saying it doesn't exist anymore) is either too young or is failing to recognize the storied history of Nebraska football. We would no more give up on NU-OU than those in the Pac 10-Big 10 would give up on the Rose Bowl. Nobody is right and nobody is wrong. It is what it is.

I get the feeling that there are Husker fans who have to hate Oklahoma or forget about them in order to get over the fact that they dumped us for Texas. They're not an ex-girlfriend, they're a football program. I mean, I'm emotionally attached to the game, but I'm not that attached.

I've moved on from the Oklahoma rivalry - I'm happy in the Big Ten. Even if the Big 12 wasn't as f'd up as it is right now, I'd be happy in the Big Ten - these division races are going to be a blast to watch every year... But I also have no trouble admitting that nothing about college football seems more right than when those crimson helmets with "OU" are down in a 3-point stance across from those white helmets with a red "N."

As much as I like the Big Ten, I don't think it's ever going to give us something like that again, so I'd still love to see us play Oklahoma again whenever we can. Those games are just too much fun.

Because the Buffs wouldn't stay in the kitchen where they belong.

I Don't understand how my arguments are poor, they're all pretty well founded....the Rose Bowl is widely recognized as a traditionally Pac 10 - Big 10 bowl. I'm also sorry I don't agree with you but considering the fact that NU has been offered a chance to play OU in a home-home series and hasn't jumped on kind of proves to me that your own school doesn't care about this game.

a tradition that is slowly dying. As someone mentioned, 50% of the time it's not a B1G/Pac matchup. What kind of tradition is that? (oh, same frequency as our tradition with Oklahoma the last 15 years) - Welcome to the BCS era.

I think we can all agree that its a shame that we've arrived at this point.

I have to agree with Badgerfan that the Rose Bowl traditionally, historically has been a Big 10-Pac 10 matchup. But, since the inception of the BCS, it has given way on occasion to non-traditional matchups.

2011 Wiscy-TCU

2006 Texas-USC (NCG)

2005 Texas-Michigan

2003 Oklahoma-WSU

2002 Miami-Nebraska (NCG)

Prior to that you have to go back to 1946 to find anything other than a Big 10-Pac 10 matchup.

I think all the Husker fans on here, that would like to see NU-OU in the Rose Bowl, are saying is; if the chips fall a certain way, then yes we would like a Nebraska-Oklahoma matchup in the Rose Bowl. No one is proposing shattering an untouchable 100 year tradition and no one is saying that it shouldn't primarily be a Big 10-Pac 10 matchup. And any Husker fan who fails to recognize the rivalry we did have with OU (simply saying it doesn't exist anymore) is either too young or is failing to recognize the storied history of Nebraska football. We would no more give up on NU-OU than those in the Pac 10-Big 10 would give up on the Rose Bowl. Nobody is right and nobody is wrong. It is what it is.

Prior to '06 the title game was one of the 4 BCS Bowl Games. Since then a title game has been added & there are now 5 BCS games(The 4 Bowls & the Title Game), with one site being used twice.

Here is the Bowl Tie Ins.

All BCS conferences except the Big East have contracts for their champions to participate in specific BCS bowl games. Unless their champion is involved in the BCS

National Championship game, the conference tie-ins are:

• Rose Bowl - Big Ten champion vs. Pac-12 champion
  • Fiesta Bowl - Big 12 champion vs. at large
  • Orange Bowl - ACC champion vs. at large
  • Sugar Bowl - SEC champion vs. at large

To have OU in the Rose bowl will be almost impossible. The Big Ten or the Pac 12 would have to send someone to the title game, Okie Light would need to win the Big 12, OU would need to finish 2nd, receive a at large bid (OU would have to be in the Top 14) & the Orange & Sugar Bowl's would have to pass on them. Since the Fiesta, Orange & Sugar rotate the top 3 picks with the Rose Bowl always getting the last pick(Fiesta can't pick OU if they already have a Big 12 team in)

So say good by to ever seeing a Big 12 team in the Rose Bowl (Outside of a title game at the Rose Bowl).

To any Nebraska fan, Nebraska vs. Oklahoma is WAAAY bigger than Big Ten vs. Pac 12. I mean, everyone loves the Big Ten so far, but the one thing we all miss, and will always miss, from the Big 12/8: Oklahoma.

I would hope Big 10 fans would realize this too. Nebraska vs Oklahoma is not only a Nebraska tradition...its a College Football Tradition. Now that this games is going to be played VERY RARELY, you take advantage of it whenever you can. Who cares if it disrupts the Rose Bowl and the B1G vs Pac 12 tradition. Nebraska vs Oklahoma is bigger and more important than that. The Rose Bowl could hypothetically play B1G vs Pac 12 every year for the next 100+ years. Nebraska vs Oklahoma might happen 2-3 times the next 100 years. You play NU vs OU in the Rose Bowl.

For most people Nebraska-Oklahoma doesn't even register as a rivalry. http://espn.go.com/s...Id=1&listId=311 just one example. Sorry, add it to your OCS. Don't change our tradition.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/26676228

You should just go back to your Wisconsin board if you really can't figure out why Nebraska vs Oklahoma isn't mentioned on either of those polls.

For most people Nebraska-Oklahoma doesn't even register as a rivalry. For most people Wisconsin doesn't even register as a football team.

Fixed it for you. :thumbs

i disagree with huskerbs in these two instances. the ou-NU rivalry ended with a whimper long ago, and it is silly to expect, or even want, the B1G to change some of its greatest traditions for our preference. the ou-NU rivalry was only relevant when both teams were in the top ten, which was a lot, but hoping for ou-NU to play again would only be for the nostalgia, not to preserve or revive any perceived rivalry. wisconsin has had to unfortunate loses, but they are still the team the rudely introduced us to the B1G.

I agree on all counts accept for one. From my perspective the OU vs NU rivalry didn't end all that long ago...

I still remember what I did the night before the 2001 #1 vs #2 Gameday matchup: Halloween party in Lincoln, dressed as a hooker (my buddy's girlfriend was the pimp), and got hit on by a guy (very creepy) Plans were to go to Gameday the next morning but had to much fun tailgating with NU and OU fans in the alley behind my buddy's apartment at 22nd and Vine. This weekend seems like a couple of years ago, not "long" ago.

Although I do realize that ten years ago put me into my "awesome college years" and some posters here in kindergarten....

What I'm saying: "To a person in their early 20's or teens, yes, the OU vs NU rivalry is long gone. To a person in their 30's or 40's, like me, it is a very recent rivalry. To a person in their 50's, 60's, or 70's; the "Game of the Century" might have well been last weekend!

To any Nebraska fan, Nebraska vs. Oklahoma is WAAAY bigger than Big Ten vs. Pac 12. I mean, everyone loves the Big Ten so far, but the one thing we all miss, and will always miss, from the Big 12/8: Oklahoma.

I would hope Big 10 fans would realize this too. Nebraska vs Oklahoma is not only a Nebraska tradition...its a College Football Tradition. Now that this games is going to be played VERY RARELY, you take advantage of it whenever you can. Who cares if it disrupts the Rose Bowl and the B1G vs Pac 12 tradition. Nebraska vs Oklahoma is bigger and more important than that. The Rose Bowl could hypothetically play B1G vs Pac 12 every year for the next 100+ years. Nebraska vs Oklahoma might happen 2-3 times the next 100 years. You play NU vs OU in the Rose Bowl.

For most people Nebraska-Oklahoma doesn't even register as a rivalry. http://espn.go.com/s...Id=1&listId=311 just one example. Sorry, add it to your OCS. Don't change our tradition.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/26676228

You should just go back to your Wisconsin board if you really can't figure out why Nebraska vs Oklahoma isn't mentioned on either of those polls.

For most people Nebraska-Oklahoma doesn't even register as a rivalry. For most people Wisconsin doesn't even register as a football team.

Fixed it for you. :thumbs

i disagree with huskerbs in these two instances. the ou-NU rivalry ended with a whimper long ago, and it is silly to expect, or even want, the B1G to change some of its greatest traditions for our preference. the ou-NU rivalry was only relevant when both teams were in the top ten, which was a lot, but hoping for ou-NU to play again would only be for the nostalgia, not to preserve or revive any perceived rivalry. wisconsin has had to unfortunate loses, but they are still the team the rudely introduced us to the B1G.

I agree on all counts accept for one. From my perspective the OU vs NU rivalry didn't end all that long ago...

I still remember what I did the night before the 2001 #1 vs #2 Gameday matchup: Halloween party in Lincoln, dressed as a hooker (my buddy's girlfriend was the pimp), and got hit on by a guy (very creepy) Plans were to go to Gameday the next morning but had to much fun tailgating with NU and OU fans in the alley behind his apartment at 22nd and Vine. This weekend seems like a couple of years ago, not "long" ago.

Although I do realize that ten years ago put me into my "awesome college years" and some posters here in kindergarten....

What I'm saying: "To a person in their early 20's or teens, yes, the OU vs NU rivalry is long gone. To a person in their 30's or 40's, like me, it is a very recent rivalry. To a person in their 50's, 60's, or 70's; the "Game of the Century" might have well been last weekend!

at the same time, that 2001 game was clearly the last gasp of a fading rivalry in its death throes that started at the inception of the big 12.

FWIW, Mandel is predicting on cnnsi.com that Nebraska projected at 10-3 would receive an at large spot to the Fiesta Bowl to play Oklahoma over a 2nd place Pac-12 team Oregon. Of course all of this assuming Wisconsin gets there sh#t together and wins the CCG. By the way he has Oklahoma State going the National Championship game to play Alabama. Which isnt too far fetched considering where Okie Lite is ranked and all the have to do is beat OU to win the conference.

Honestly, I like it. I want one more shot at OU. It may not be there rivalry anymore, but its our rivalry and there is awful lot of history between the 2 programs. Fans will flock to the area and ratings will be awesome.