How many big wins do we need to win back the media?

I'm not saying we don't deserve the lack of media attention and respect with some of the eggs we've layed, but, how many big wins do we need to get them back on our side? Im sure everyone has noticed that for most, it wasn't how well Nebraska played, but how MState didn't show up. And before you say it, yes I know that some of the media we could care less about... Herbie...

GO BIG RED

I think we have won back the media for some time now. We actually get quite a bit of media attention. Yeah, the MSU having a letdown after Wisconsin was part of the narrative, but that's to be expected. Talking about letdowns and "trap games" is a common storyline kind of way to analyze things. I don't think we are being slighted for credit or not talked about enough on the national stage. Also, we're getting to be ranked very high, almost on a year-in, year-out basis now. We are in the conversation now, and that's more than what it used to be in some of the earlier years of this decade, when we were a fringe Top 25 or worse team that rarely got mentioned in the big picture view of CFB.

A conference championship or a BCS bowl game and nothing less.

so I mention to my oldest son(13) tonight that we are back up to 9...his reply to me, "I want us to be #1"...

that's my boy!!

Excellent work on keeping that championship mentality up for the kids who can't remember the glory years. I too want to be #1.

so I mention to my oldest son(13) tonight that we are back up to 9...his reply to me, "I want us to be #1"...

that's my boy!!

Excellent work on keeping that championship mentality up for the kids who can't remember the glory years. I too want to be #1.

ya, both my boys were all upset over Wisconsin..ticked off etc(so was I)..I said, son, I watched many games with my dad where we lost a big game that kept us from winning a championship..I had to wait my time, you can wait yours..

I'm not saying we don't deserve the lack of media attention and respect with some of the eggs we've layed, but, how many big wins do we need to get them back on our side? Im sure everyone has noticed that for most, it wasn't how well Nebraska played, but how MState didn't show up. And before you say it, yes I know that some of the media we could care less about... Herbie...

That's easy... 13.

What is the original poster talking about? We're in the media all the time....we're ranked 10th in the BCS for pete's sake. We've had 5 straight abc/espn games, beat a top 10-ish team, gotten college gameday at one of our stops, etc.

We are in the media plenty, and they are plenty on our side.

that's my boy!!

Nothing less. But I do praise improvement....and we are improving as a team. If the team keeps up this positive defensive play, do ya guys think we'll be better than last years squad overall? I honestly think we are better on offense already! TMart is making better decisions, REX IS REX'N IT UP, and the WR's are making plays and making excellent blocks....oh and you can't forget that the o-line has been blocking quite well, but they need a bit more consistency.

What is the original poster talking about? We're in the media all the time....we're ranked 10th in the BCS for pete's sake. We've had 5 straight abc/espn games, beat a top 10-ish team, gotten college gameday at one of our stops, etc.

We are in the media plenty, and they are plenty on our side.

I thought he explained his point pretty well. What are you having trouble understanding?