Kinnie says MSU players faked injuries to slow NU down

Not sure,but is there a penalty for faking an injury?Delay of game,maybe?

I'm pretty sure there's nothing they can do about it, because in most cases they don't really have any way of knowing if that player's really injured or not.

One way to curb players from faking injuries is requiring them to sit out the rest of the drive and possibly the next drive as well if they have to stop the clock for an injury. Would make them think twice about slowing down the game if they are faking it.

unfortunately then you have guys staying on the field risking further injury who should probably be on the sidelines getting an OK. i'm thinking head injuries specifically.

this game was bad though. my wife even leaned over about halfway through the 3rd and asked me if they were going to have any players left by the end of the game.

knapplc reminded me that one of the most blatant fake injuries was a couple years back when Suh noticed we had the wrong personnel in and suddenly developed a cramp to stop play and get the right player in. Of course he had to leave but I think we had a bad mismatch on a good receiver.

Suh "got injured" because someone (Asante?) was banged up pretty bad, almost out on their feet, and he wouldn't leave the game. I am totally drawing a blank on who it was, but it was a big collision and our guy was loopy. They were trying to get him off the field but I think he was seeing little birdies, not his teammates.

IIRC, the injured guy was in the secondary, on the right side of our defensive formation. I really want to say it was Larry Asante but I can't be sure. Suh went down, but they sent two groups of trainers out, one to Suh and the other to the guy who was really injured.

knapplc reminded me that one of the most blatant fake injuries was a couple years back when Suh noticed we had the wrong personnel in and suddenly developed a cramp to stop play and get the right player in. Of course he had to leave but I think we had a bad mismatch on a good receiver.

Suh "got injured" because someone (Asante?) was banged up pretty bad, almost out on their feet, and he wouldn't leave the game. I am totally drawing a blank on who it was, but it was a big collision and our guy was loopy. They were trying to get him off the field but I think he was seeing little birdies, not his teammates.

IIRC, the injured guy was in the secondary, on the right side of our defensive formation. I really want to say it was Larry Asante but I can't be sure. Suh went down, but they sent two groups of trainers out, one to Suh and the other to the guy who was really injured.

It was actually Dennard and he hurt his arm or his shoulder don't remember which. But at the time I was pretty impressed that he wanted to stay in with such obvious pain, and he was in my opinion still better with one arm than the alternative that replaced him.

As for the injuries last Saturday, I didn't really think anything of them at the game. It was a really physical hard hitting game, it seemed like every yard either team got was earned and pads were popping every play. And you can forget that Michigan State had been through the ringer the previous two weeks and they're bodies were probably dinged up pretty good already.

There were many Huskers on the ground during our offensive series too. Yoshi collapsed, but reentered the game after getting his ankle taped. And more importantly, Rex went down with a cramp, but returned just a few plays later to catch the touchdown pass on the wheel route.

I don't know if having one of your starters go down with an injury is the best way to slow down the hurry up offense. How many times does an offense go after the replacement?

During the game, I didn't think the Spartans were faking injuries. Not like I did when USC did it in Lincoln to stop momentum back in the days of "he shall not be named".

The other thing with this though, is whenever a player is injured (actually) they show a replay to show what happened, about 90% of the time. I don't recall one single replay (and I haven't watched the replay of the game yet) of an injury to an MSU player. The one for Rex, I think was pretty obvious he was cramping up from doing EVERYTHING, except kicking.

It was actually Dennard and he hurt his arm or his shoulder don't remember which. But at the time I was pretty impressed that he wanted to stay in with such obvious pain, and he was in my opinion still better with one arm than the alternative that replaced him.

Yeah it was Dennard. Dude couldn't even lift his arm. Suh noticed it, and took the dive. I remember being very impressed with Suh's sense of awareness on that play.