Michigan @Iowa: Who do we want to win?

All emotions aside, Iowa. Anything that helps us get to Indy, I'll take

Thank you. Someone who gets it.

Lord almighty!!!!!!!!!!!

Respect be damned, just like we should hope that our non-divisional opponents beat our divisional opponents every game. I don't see why this is so difficult.

I fully understand how division races work, and the winner of this game doesn't matter. We still have to beat Michigan to have a shot to get to Indy. Besides the MSU-Iowa game is actually a bigger game because unless MSU loses, they would win the division if Iowa beats Michigan and Michigan beats us.

Michigan's current respect level = M

Iowa's current respect level = I

If Michigan beats Iowa:

I = I - 1

M = M + 1

If Iowa beats Michigan:

I = I + 1

M = M - 1

Nebraska's respect level, assuming wins against both Michigan and Iowa:

(M + 1) + (I - 1)

OR

(M - 1) + (I + 1)

(M + 1) + (I - 1) = (M - 1) + (I + 1)

∴ Cheer for whoever gives us the best chance to get to Indy: IOWA!

Wouldn't you want Michigan to win so they're more respected when you beat them?

No, we want to make it to Indy and win there.

I completely had a brain fart and for some reason was thinking you guys already had a lock on the division. You guys are right, you should root for Iowa. As a neutral observer I'll be rooting for Mich simply because I like that program more.

Lord almighty!!!!!!!!!!!

Respect be damned, just like we should hope that our non-divisional opponents beat our divisional opponents every game. I don't see why this is so difficult.

Soooooo..... By this logic, we should have joined the Big East instead? Then we could win the conference every year because nobody else is any good. No! It's about pride, man! Beating good teams on their home turf is what defines great teams, and I would rather we be challenged. If we win vs. a 1-loss Michigan team, we deserve to make it to the CCG. If we don't win, then we don't deserve to win our division.

PRIDE

Right now, we control our own destiny in our division..............that being said, I want Michigan to win..............We shouldn't need help at this point, and if we do need help we don't deserve to be in the CCG anyway. If we're gonna lose to Michigan we're gonna lose to Michigan whether they lose to Iowa or not

Lord almighty!!!!!!!!!!!

Soooooo..... By this logic, we should have joined the Big East instead? Then we could win the conference every year because nobody else is any good. No! It's about pride, man! Beating good teams on their home turf is what defines great teams, and I would rather we be challenged. If we win vs. a 1-loss Michigan team, we deserve to make it to the CCG. If we don't win, then we don't deserve to win our division.

PRIDE

Exactly...........otherwise we'd be Boise St.

Michigan... the better team.

This way our game in Ann Arbor if for the division title.

No matter who wins this game, we still have to beat Michigan to control our own destiny. And if Iowa wins then they've put themselves back in the race. So I'm gonna have to go with Michigan in this one, so Iowa is all but eliminated and makes the Michigan game the division title game.

Let's not put the wagon in front of the horse just yet. We have to still beat Northwestern (should not be a problem), and Penn St. and I believe their defense is fairly stout.

To the OP, I don't think Iowa has a chance in hell of winning the game. Since that seems to be the case, a Mischicken win is better just for SOS.

Lord almighty!!!!!!!!!!!

PRIDE

+1

I want michigan at there best, no excuses. Big12 north games were a joke most years, and people noticed it. I want the west... err, I mean legends devision to look as strong as it can. Iowa is a bottom feeder and deserves to stay there :)

Lord almighty!!!!!!!!!!!

PRIDE

Exactly...........otherwise we'd be Boise St.

+100

WE ARE in the drivers seat here. We win out, we go to Indy, it's that SIMPLE.