At this point, how does the B1G compare to Big XII?

I like the Big Ten better than the Big 12 and there is no comparison. The Big Ten reminds me of the Big Eight when we used to play there a long time ago. It is fun football and a fun conference.

The Big 12 is going to be gone soon and if we didn't get out we would have been in big trouble. I'm glad we are in the Big Ten. It's better to play Ohio State and Michigan and Wisconsin than anyone else in the Big 12 except for Oklahoma.

The divisional race is way more exciting! As much as I liked the pass happy big-texas conference, this smash-you-in-the-mouth football is more enjoyable. If I had the funds, I would like to have gone to Madison and also would like to visit the Shoe. The overall setup of conferance games, with cross-over games, also makes it more enjoyable! VERY glad to be in a real Conference. Only thing missing is playing OU, even if it was down to every two years :(

I'm confused, how does what compare to the Big XII...this thread is perplexing

i think i explained it fairly well. everything, all the possible things, are better.

venues, teams, btn, and so on and so forth.

Ohhhh we're talking about the Big Ten, I get it. Well from the perspective of a fan of the Big Ten prior to expansion I think you guys have definitely proven to be worth the move. Adding NU enriched the conference substantially...the races for the championship are incomparably better and now we have a CG, they are more than capable of being competitive in the league and as a program with national appeal now we're up to four marque teams. I think that may be more than any other conference, (SEC may beg to differ but other than Bama I'm not sure any of those teams is head and shoulders a national fan base team...maybe LSU...maybe, all the others are strong in their states and big in the region but I've never seen a Vol fan in Minneapolis or an Auburn fan in Topeka)

That said AAU membership would be nice and we'll see how they fair in B-Ball. Have a feeling they're going to tear up baseball though.

The divisional race is way more exciting! As much as I liked the pass happy big-texas conference, this smash-you-in-the-mouth football is more enjoyable. If I had the funds, I would like to have gone to Madison and also would like to visit the Shoe. The overall setup of conferance games, with cross-over games, also makes it more enjoyable! VERY glad to be in a real Conference. Only thing missing is playing OU, even if it was down to every two years :(

If you like rock concerts, drunks, and waaaay over the top fans who like to talk about how great they are and how they've dominated for years...then you definately missed out on Madison.

I'm confused, how does what compare to the Big XII...this thread is perplexing

i think i explained it fairly well. everything, all the possible things, are better.

venues, teams, btn, and so on and so forth.

Ohhhh we're talking about the Big Ten, I get it. Well from the perspective of a fan of the Big Ten prior to expansion I think you guys have definitely proven to be worth the move. Adding NU enriched the conference substantially...the races for the championship are incomparably better and now we have a CG, they are more than capable of being competitive in the league and as a program with national appeal now we're up to four marque teams. I think that may be more than any other conference, (SEC may beg to differ but other than Bama I'm not sure any of those teams is head and shoulders a national fan base team...maybe LSU...maybe, all the others are strong in their states and big in the region but I've never seen a Vol fan in Minneapolis or an Auburn fan in Topeka)

That said AAU membership would be nice and we'll see how they fair in B-Ball. Have a feeling they're going to tear up baseball though.

we are still embarrassed about the AAU debacle, and i imagine we will always be embarrassed by nebrasketball, but maybe this is our year.

I like the Big Ten better than the Big 12 and there is no comparison. The Big Ten reminds me of the Big Eight when we used to play there a long time ago. It is fun football and a fun conference.

The Big 12 is going to be gone soon and if we didn't get out we would have been in big trouble. I'm glad we are in the Big Ten. It's better to play Ohio State and Michigan and Wisconsin than anyone else in the Big 12 except for Oklahoma.

I agree. The B1G reminds me of our old Big 8 back in the day. I do miss playing Oklahoma though. My wish is that if the Big 12 breaks up they would come into the B1G. That's probably not going to happen but it would be fun. (Or if we could play them every year before our regular season starts. THAT would be really fun.)

You mean besides the referees, Beebe, and TexASS ??

In all seriousness, I will really miss playing OU.and if I had my way I would like to go back to the Big 8 days and play OU the day after Thanksgiving. It is really hard if you are over say 40 years of age to let go of the rival matchups that were built with even teams like CU, Mizzou, Okie State and KState as well. Then TexASS came along and really messed things up. Since the Big 8 is not coming back then I think the B1G is a natural fit for NU. I think most Husker fans agree. Plus I really love the BTN.