Bo Should go.

Been a lurker long time, made an account, but don't post. This topic is making me:

This is absurd. No one would be the HC at Nebraska if we fire Bo. He can still do 10-3, or even 11-2 or 12-2! Calm down. Remember 5-7 twice within a 4 year period?

Any given saturday, any team can win, and it's the same in the SEC. You don't see call's for those HC's head when Ole Miss pulls out the fluke...

Calm down folks, it's our first year in a new conference playing new schemes week in and week out. Losing sucks, but we're not getting blown out by KU or Texas Tech.

I'm starting to question Bo's ability to be anything more than a step up from Callahan....

And that really hasn't been proven. At least Bo has had the support from everybody and was allowed to get rid of the offensive coaches. BC was the only one of the three coaches that wasn't allowed to replace crappy assistants and was undermined by TO. He was just kicked out of town and treated like sh#t by the state. It was embarrassing for the fan base. And I'm not turning this into a BC vs Bo thing, I'm just stating a fact.

Bo has no excuses. He's a defensive coach who has a sh**ty defense because he didn't take recruiting serously enough his first two years. He's done nothing special here other than win with the players that BC left him. He now has his players and we see what the product we have now.

Apparently some of you guys think it's ok for Bo to talk about winning championships, but then are ok with him when he loses to bad teams with losing records. It continues to happen.

Three years in a row is a trend guys.

and if everytime we lost we fired the coach we be the most ignorant team in the country.

This loss sucks, but get real. Sometimes you lose in college football, especially when your defense is not up to snuff. The Blackshirts lost this one for us.

Uh,

Everyone's Lord and Savior Rex Burkhead barfed it at the 1. He doesn't do that, NU wins. God Forbid if Taylor had done something like that.

Wow!! No sh*t, the biggest understatement EVER on HuskerBoard. If Tmart coughs that up the haters would have him right this very moment swinging by his neck on a goalpost.

Someone tell me why you're excusing a coach that's lost to teams with losing records 3 years in a row. Has had several letdowns. Has a defense with 2 guys who will play on Sundays, maybe more. Wins some big games, but loses to teams they should beat.

Why is it ok? Why isn't it ok for us to have bigger expectations in year 4 of a regime (bigger than losing to bad teams)?

Didn't Tom loose like 7 bowl games strait in the 80s and with QB Tommie Frazier drop the 92 ISU game? I mean come on, some of you need to get realistic, sometimes Nebraska loses... even games it shouldn't.

Now if you want to take another spin on the coaching wheel for someone who will come to a place that will fire a coach who is a proven winner, consistently getting 9 wins a year, who has built a pretty good culture around his program and will see it pay off eventually with consistency... Well fine, but when whoever is the AD after Osborne is signing some ex-nfl reject for a multiyear high money deal titled "Callahan 2, revenge of the idiots without any perspective over-reacting". I'll laugh, to keep from crying, and stop watching football. Till that day though I'll be thankful that some of you have no actual say in such a decision.

The issue of losing to bad teams is not the point, really. I will say this. Bo is bad with the media. He is bad as an ambassador of the program. He is bad at hiring assistant coaches. He is bad at roster management in terms of redshirts. He is bad at roster management in terms of substituting. All together too many productive players end up in a coaching doghouse and are not allowed to play.

But with all that... Bo's biggest problem is a complete inability to field a team that is motivated, intense, and focused on both sides of the ball all 4 quarters.

Bo is, at best, an average coach... and this is giving him more credit --- much more credit --- than he is due. I see him as quite a bit below average. NU NEVER should have hired an inexperienced HC. Some say it is reactionary... this whole notion of Bo being an unacceptable --- but not for me. He was unacceptable upon hire as far as I was concerned and he has never shown anything to to change that perspective. Today was just another in a long, long array of data points that show forth that NU is headed nowhere until a change is made.

The issue of losing to bad teams is not the point, really. I will say this. Bo is bad with the media. He is bad as an ambassador of the program. He is bad at hiring assistant coaches. He is bad at roster management in terms of redshirts. He is bad at roster management in terms of substituting. All together too many productive players end up in a coaching doghouse and are not allowed to play.

But with all that... Bo's biggest problem is a complete inability to field a team that is motivated, intense, and focused on both sides of the ball all 4 quarters.

Bo is, at best, an average coach... and this is giving him more credit --- much more credit --- than he is due. I see him as quite a bit below average. NU NEVER should have hired an inexperienced HC. Some say it is reactionary... this whole notion of Bo being an unacceptable --- but not for me. He was unacceptable upon hire as far as I was concerned and he has never shown anything to to change that perspective. Today was just another in a long, long array of data points that show forth that NU is headed nowhere until a change is made.

What really drives me nuts about his assistant coaches is that they are all his High School buddies. If Mike Stoops ends up here somehow I'm gonna lose it.

We have a good coach , the players have to win it ..

Clock management and timeout usage were both abysmal today.

Yeah, but that doesn't change the reality that we have a damn good coach. The best coaches do completely stupid things. This will be something to learn from. Criticisms are completely fair, but Bo is a fantastic coach.

Just please don't overreact, everyone. That's the ugliest thing that can happen.

Didn't Tom loose like 7 bowl games strait in the 80s and with QB Tommie Frazier drop the 92 ISU game? I mean come on, some of you need to get realistic, sometimes Nebraska loses... even games it shouldn't.

Now if you want to take another spin on the coaching wheel for someone who will come to a place that will fire a coach who is a proven winner, consistently getting 9 wins a year, who has built a pretty good culture around his program and will see it pay off eventually with consistency... Well fine, but when whoever is the AD after Osborne is signing some ex-nfl reject for a multiyear high money deal titled "Callahan 2, revenge of the idiots without any perspective over-reacting". I'll laugh, to keep from crying, and stop watching football. Till that day though I'll be thankful that some of you have no actual say in such a decision.

You know how many times TO lost to a team with a losing record? ONCE.

Yes, losing bowls was frustrating. But losing THREE YEARS IN A ROW TO A TEAM WITH A LOSING RECORD, ALL THREE AT HOME is inexcusable.