Welcome to the B1G indeed

MAYBE reading comprehension isn't your thing.

I NEVER said OSU had a dominant bowl record in the BCS era.

I did however say that we have the most BCS bowl wins of this era(which you have yet to deny so why argue?)

YOUR initial post said Bo > Woody(please tell me how that is relevant?) and how you wish That School Up North would become the Bully of the conference again(once again? relevance?)

So when I bring up how Woody lost to UW ONCE in 27 years and our record vs one another I'm the bad guy? please.

Don't throw it if you can't take it...

BadgerFan likes to rip other teams because of their record and then runs and hides when he gets called out on his team's record.

If you can't take it then don't throw it.

God you drew me back in just like an annoying teenager.

I didn't rip your record, at least not right away, I took issue with your bowl claim in which you implied OSU somehow was the most dominant team in the BCS era which couldn't be farther from the truth. I only brought up records when you asked.

I have no problem owning UW's records. I never claimed they were great or had some stellar history and never denied it when challenged but I do question why you brought them up because they have nothing to do with your BCS claim. I wasn't running I'd just rather not debate with you because there's no point, you're not worth the time and you're incapable of rational discussion.

Your posts consist of one or a combination of the following...

1. Off topic posts, topic changing posts and Non sequiturs

2. Baseless claims

3. Sophomoric and immature smack

4. Posts bashing Michigan

With that kind of track record why bother even engaging you?

Ok, Badger wins. Woody cheated, of course because it is tOSU.....I really need a new tattoo

MAYBE reading comprehension isn't your thing.

I NEVER said OSU had a dominant bowl record in the BCS era.

I did however say that we have the most BCS bowl wins of this era(which you have yet to deny so why argue?)

YOUR initial post said Bo > Woody(please tell me how that is relevant?) and how you wish That School Up North would become the Bully of the conference again(once again? relevance?)

So when I bring up how Woody lost to UW ONCE in 27 years and our record vs one another I'm the bad guy? please.

Don't throw it if you can't take it...

I never said you were wrong, I said what you implied in your post was deceptive. Apparently it is you, not I, that has a problem with reading comprehension.

Oh and like I said, I felt I'd get a jibe in about Michigan because it must be fair game, you mention them in damn near every post you make.

By the way, I'm getting to the point where I don't even feel like reading your posts not just because of their piss-poor content but because of the manner in which they are composed; the random capitalization, spelling errors and crazy formatting. I'm beginning to grow embarrassed because I think that I may be arguing with someone significantly younger than me.

Damnit i get tire of this discussion. Just because a conference has 12 legitimate teams that can beat any of the other 11 anytime does not mean the conference is mediocre or "down" The Big 10 is balanced. Yes, the Big 12 has 2 really good team, and maybe a couple good teams, but the rest are CRAP. The SEC? Same case. Big East? ACC? They'd be happy to have 1 really good team. Big 10 has always beat up on each other and that's they it will always be. 3 weeks left and there are only 3, 3 out of 12 teams with less than 1 conference loss. This thing is still going to completely flip a couple more times yet.

This is a matter of opinion I suppose. What is there to suggest that the B1G has 12 legit teams? When did a Big 10 team make a statement out of conference this year? The ones that scheduled weaklings survived their non con unscathed. The ones that didn't got beat. Do you think MSU, UW, NU are top ten teams? I'll spare you the suspense....they aren't. But that was their ranking when they met head to head in conference play.

I think the best team in the B1G is Wisconsin, and they're ranked about where they should be.

So, we've heard it for a while. Welcome to the B1G! You're about to see what Big 10 football is all about, Husker fans.

And so on...

What I thought about the Big 10 before this year was that it was the most over-hyped, over rated, slow, boring type of football that was readily available on television. Every year they'd get 4 or 5 teams ranked. They'd each look incredibly unimpressive in non conference play, but then, fortunately for them, they got to play similarly over ranked, over hyped teams ...... each other. They would then beat each other up for the next 8 weeks, while ESPN would talk about what a gauntlet the conference schedule is and how the teams are so elite and evenly matched. Then.....bowl season. And after each bowl game loss by a Big 10 team, the analysts would ask each other 'did we maybe over rank some of these teams?'. LOL

So now, as I watch the B1G pull it's usual gambit of playing unimpressive, uninspiring football, where all the teams seem to be able to beat each other and no team resembles anything special, I find myself quite depressed realizing that my Cornhuskers are part of this fiasco.

We lost to an apparently very mortal Wisconsin team. Snuck by a very ordinary Ohio St squad. Beat a classically over rated Michigan St. team, who was earlier destroyed by the poster child of hype, the Fighting Irish. And just now lost in a very head scratching affair on their home field against a team with 5 losses.

We were over rated. We are mediocre.

Welcome to the B1G, indeed.

And people wonder why the B1G has like 2 NC's in the last 50 or so years (or so it seems).

B1G = shoot for the Rose Bowl. Screw the NC.

NU fits right in with Bo and his bend don't break garbage defense.

But man, having ZERO title contenders in November is bad.

Pac-12,SEC,Big XII all have a title contender.

That's why I put all three ahead of us this year.

That argument makes no sense. The SEC being the best is basically a given every year. However, the PAC-12 and Big XII have title contenders because the conferences aren't that good. Honestly, this year's Big XII reminds me of every year's B1G. Kansas State, Baylor, and Oklahoma have proven not to be the teams everyone initially thought they were. Okie State will probably join those ranks soon. They really don't have a legitimate contender. Stanford has been basically untested in the PAC-12, except for the USC game which the historically great :sarcasm PAC-(10)12 officiating crew gave to Stanford after Luck and Co. proved incapable of handling their own business. Other than that, Stanford really only has to play an overrated and struggling Oregon squad. Yeah...that's tough.

If you take a powerhouse team and put them in the Sun Belt, they'd run through it too. They would be undefeated in November. If they were in a spot for a national title, would you put the Sun Belt ahead of the B1G? You may say it's ridiculous to draw that conclusion, but that's your argument.

Boise State is undefeated and in the top 5. The MWC must be a tough conference too........smh.

Badgerfan, I don't think "Woody" is a leet kiddie, but he does have some issues. See I can spell Ohio, O h i o, but he has some irrational hatred for Michigan, the word is like garlic to a vampire. I don't know if it's the Ohio/Michigan war in the 1800's, they got Toledo we got upper peninsula so win win anyway, or the three times in the last 20 they went unbeaten into the last game and lost, or some Michigan hikers trampled he's begonias.

Hes not the first like that I've met though.

Several years ago I worked in a car dealership and needed a trade, called a manager in Ohio, he asked where I was calling from, told him, first words were I hate F'ing Michigan(at least he could speak the word). Well in the end I got the car, after all there were some great games, cant have them without the other team.

The only other team hated here by another as much seems to be Nebraska, I was reading a Hawkeye forum and dear God, it was pure poison, what did you guys do to them?

As far as the Big 10, it has defense but inconsistent offense. I suspect not the best of outings in the bowl season simply because the defense will spend to much time on the field.

Then again watching highlights from other divisions many of the teams seem to have no defense. In the end one thing is constant(watched big 10 for over 30 years), it is hard as hell to get through this division unbeaten and certainly one wont just roll through decisively, there will be many close calls if you do manage.

As far as Big not doing well in Bowl's, yea, the last decade has been mediocre, though certain teams do better then others, I used to take the 80's and 90's wins for granted, now I would really like to see us get back, if only to shut the SEC crowd up. Though 4 of our teams do have winning records against them in the last 20, this includes you Nebraska I believe.

But in the end we never did give much of a crap about the whole BCS scam(for me at least there has never been a championship, sorry Nebraska fans), until the late 70's no BIG 10 team was even allowed to go to a Bowl game, unless it was the Rose bowl, so even at 9-1 you would sit the bowls out if another won the Big 10. Enjoy the games, they will be tense no matter what.

O yea in the end, been reading here for a couple months and it looks like a really good place to be. I got to tell you guys, when I heard Nebraska is joining I did a "whoooa that is awesome". I remember watching you guys since early 80's and there was something that always drew me to the games. I do like traditions, that's why I will watch Alabama or Nebraska with a 8-3 record over Boise state with a 11-0, also I like the seemingly improbable teams. I mean you are a fairly low population state with what is considered a small tv market,yet here you are, one of the greats, you are sort of like my Green Bay Packers of college football. Cheers and have a good time guys!(except in Michigan). :thumbs

Not sure which conference is tougher but this year having Wisconsin, OSU, and Penn State as our other division foes sure didn't help...this year's schedule seems more difficult week in and week out compared to last year.

They socked it to Nebraska, no doubt. Though, for a couple of weeks it seemed Illinois would be tougher than Ohio State or Penn State. In 2013 the schedule will shift. Then we'll see.