Tear down Memorial Stadium

Excel

I've been reading a lot of the threads on here and my friends in Husker land, I've been thinking about your present predicament and it is clear to me that there is only one solution. Now you guys have thrown out a lot of good ideas and I think you should do them all.....stop the walk-ons, fire Bo, Bench Taylor, burn the D's Blackshirts etc...those are all great..just great...but I think you've missed one. You all should demolish Memorial Stadium. I ask you my conference brothers...

Where did a #9 Husker team lose to a unranked Northwestern team? Memorial...

Where did you lose to Iowa State to Southern Miss in the past years? Memorial...

Where did Coach Callahan spend so many of his Saturdays in Lincoln? Memorial..

Where has Martinez thrown 5 of his 8 interceptions this year? Memorial

Where have you guys lost 5 fumbles this year? Memorial

I think its quite clear what must be done. Just my two cents...hope it helps.

• Fire 8

I've been reading a lot of the threads on here and my friends in Husker land, I've been thinking about your present predicament and it is clear to me that there is only one solution. Now you guys have thrown out a lot of good ideas and I think you should do them all.....stop the walk-ons, fire Bo, Bench Taylor, burn the D's Blackshirts etc...those are all great..just great...but I think you've missed one. You all should demolish Memorial Stadium. I ask you my conference brothers...

Where did you lose to Iowa State to Southern Miss in the past years? Memorial...

You brighten my day, Badgerfan.

You brighten my day, Badgerfan.

haha, I try

:rollin Love it.

Absolutely brilliant! That would fix the program once and for all. Also, until Memorial Stadium is torn down, any player who fumbles should be instantly cut from the team. Two off sides penalties should also result in an immediate cut. Further, any coach who loses a game should be fired immediately after the game, and TO should step in as coach for the rest of the season.

Yeah...that's the ticket...

There have certainly been times during the Pelini era where I'm happy we're on the road. (this is one of those weeks). It's been discussed on here before, but for whatever reason at least once or twice a season Pelini's guys are not ready to play at home. Rarely do they show up flat on the road however.

Just look at this season, and the first halves of our home games. Fresno, Ohio State, Northwestern, Washington - all VERY slow first halves. On the road however - Wyoming, Wisconsin (first quarter), Minnesota, we showed up to play. I think Michigan State might be the only home game we've really showed up to play this season.

Go back to last season. We layed eggs at home against S. Dakota St and Texas early, but on the road we blew out Washington, K-State, and played a heck of a game against Oklahoma State. Missouri was really our only legit (i'm excluding Kansas/Colorado/w.Kent) home game last year that we showed up to play.

And it's not just slow starts, there are some flat out UGLY games in there. Texas 10', Northwestern, S. Dakota State 10', Tech 09', Iowa State 09', Ohio State (first half), Fresno (first half - whole game defensively)...

You have to go back the 2008 Oklahoma game (i'm exluding last years bowl) before you find a road game where we started out slow, played flat out ugly and/or were dominated/out-coached. But you can find 8-10 homes games during that stretch that meet those criteria.

Along with tearing down the stadium, I think we need celebrity offensive and defensive coordinators for each game. That way we don't have to have all the "fire _______" threads after each game, because we will have a new coordinator each week.

We could even raffle off the possitions to help pay for the new stadium.