a lot of positive...

I am stunned by Martinez's transformation over the last 3 games. I'm still a skeptic, but just when we were begging him to become a game-manager, he became one. He has played extremely well the last few weeks. Even Saturday his passes were crisp and on (or at least not far off) the mark. He scrambled well, showing much better pocket awareness than in past weeks. He called his number in correct (minus once or twice) situations. He executed the 2-minute drill at the end of the game like he was a passing QB.

Dennard is fully back. You rarely hear his name during the game (and that's a good thing).

Steinkuhler may have just had his break-out game. A loss, unfortunately - but he was all over the field. He doesn't have the Suh speed, but there were multiple times where I watched him flat out man-handle his guy. Finished with 9 tackces, 2 TFLs and a sack. He only had 22 tackles going into this game. He's finally learning to play outside the shadow Crick has been casting over him. Expect big things out of him the rest of the year.

Gotta love the way Marlowe and Kinnie played. Kinnie had the drop, then bounced back the next play to make up for it. Seasoned vet. Marlowe is becoming Martinez's go-to guy. Reminds me of Swift.

Now - Bo needs to get out of the offensive meetings, and pull rank on brother Carl - get this defense back to it's glory.

...back to calling for Bo's head.

I thought Taylor played great. I don't care what national ranking NW's defense had...his passes were on point and he played hard the whole game. Good to see, gets me excited for the next couple of years.

Marlowe surprised me, good to see since he gets so much playing time, but has hardly gotten the ball.

Stein was manhandling his guy up front....pushing him in the backfield a lot.

And that's about it for me. On to PSU...Go Big Red

The team is young....that's a positive.

If this were a veteran squad then I would be extremely worried about this loss.

Freshman who have seen a good amount of action this year

Kenny Bell

Jamal Turner

Ameer Abdullah

Andrew Green

Braylon Heard

Corey Cooper

Chase Rome

Sophomores who start of a frequent basis

Taylor Martinez

Quincy Enunwa

Ciante Evans

Andrew Green

Stanley Jean-Baptiste

Spencer Long

Thad Randle

Andrew Rodriguez

Jeremiah Sirles

I may have left somebody off, but my point is that this team has a high ceiling.

I thought Taylor would never improve, I'm gladly mistaken (knock on wood), but if he can settle into his role on the team, it gives me hope for the rest of the young players. I know it's comparing apples to oranges, but a guy can dream, can't he?