Northwestern stole our signals - Martinez

knapplc

he wasn't using it as an excuse. he just made the comment.

EDIT: it's like saying "we couldn't run the ball against their D" - not an excuse, just a simple fact.

Exactly he was probably just explaining why he felt they weren't having success and what they did to adjust to it.

KoolAid, I think you're taking this one point way out of context. I posted it as something to talk about, not because it was presented as an excuse. It was a very minor part of Taylor's presser today.

I am not taking it out of context I am saying for myself in no situation can it be used an excuse.

and we're saying you're taking it out of context by implying it was used as an excuse

I think this is dumb anyway. If offense is standing up looking at the sideline don't you think the defense might do the same.

i think they should be forced to sit down w/ their back to our sideline :facepalm:

I think this is dumb anyway. If offense is standing up looking at the sideline don't you think the defense might do the same.

I definitely would. Why wouldn't you? And if the signals are capable of being figured out, that's our fault not theirs.

The more I think about this, I recall thinking in the stands how odd it was that a team that was so horrid on defense could be stuffing us every play. That first possession where we went three-and-out was shocking to me. They had more guys on the ball than Michigan State. This would explain (partially, the line still played like crap) some of what happened, but it's OUR fault that they figured out our signals, not theirs.

KoolAid, I think you're taking this one point way out of context. I posted it as something to talk about, not because it was presented as an excuse. It was a very minor part of Taylor's presser today.

I am not taking it out of context I am saying for myself in no situation can it be used an excuse.

and we're saying you're taking it out of context by implying it was used as an excuse

i think they should be forced to sit down w/ their back to our sideline :facepalm:

Alright thank you

I can just picture Coach Fitz before the game, "Many Bothans died to get us this information"

And all the while, an entire legion of Fitzgerald's best troops waited for us in ambush.

Where the HELL was Admiral Ackbar when we needed him?

Well, the Admiral was screaming "It's a trap!" all week. It's not his fault no one listened.

Several teams using a sideline signals via big poster which displayed a weird faces or scenery pictures, mascots, strange words, etc.

What's the purpose? I don't get it.

ept_sports_ncaaf_experts-911063203-1287750898.jpg?ymzjx9DDiyS6Sniy

That's an inspirational poster for Oregon's uniform design.

• Fire 1

I definitely would. Why wouldn't you? And if the signals are capable of being figured out, that's our fault not theirs.

The more I think about this, I recall thinking in the stands how odd it was that a team that was so horrid on defense could be stuffing us every play. That first possession where we went three-and-out was shocking to me. They had more guys on the ball than Michigan State. This would explain (partially, the line still played like crap) some of what happened, but it's OUR fault that they figured out our signals, not theirs.

You know I was kind of baffled by this. There were times throughout the game where they would have 9 guys in the box before we made the check to the sideline and we had clear one on one coverage with the outside receivers, yet we still tried to run it at them. I hoped that haven't told Taylor to all together scrap audibling to his little throw it up there fade pass, because against a secondary like Northwestern I think it could have been a killer. I'm kind of hoping this was another learning experience for Beck that he can takes some good notes from.