NU placed in the bottom ten?

sd'sker

Nebraska gives back its Blackshirts

after losing to NW, schlabach thought it was fitting to put us in his bottom ten. has he ever put a 7-2 team in his bottom ten? it was a bad loss, but our season is still decent and NW is known for winning games they should not. seems a little harsh. i guess that is the risk of 'earning' the blackshirts. what happens when you get embarrassed the next week?

feel free to talk about:

--the blackshirts; too soon, what to do about getting embarrassed the week after.

--the article being to harsh

--NW not getting the respect they may deserve for having, who i think to be, the best coach in B1G and having a dynamic offense.

No, this is par for the course for this article. Better teams than our 7-2 'Huskers have made his list in the past, typically for off-the-field antics, but some on (like our loss last Saturday).

Regardless, ESPN is a joke anymore. They're losing their talent (anyone notice that Pad Forde is now at Yahoo Sports with Dan Wetzel?) and they've lost any shred of journalistic integrity they possessed by whoring out the SEC and their Bevo TV channel at any possible moment.

May ESPN die a thousand corporate deaths and all of the good journalists find homes.

No, this is par for the course for this article. Better teams than our 7-2 'Huskers have made his list in the past, typically for off-the-field antics, but some on (like our loss last Saturday).

Regardless, ESPN is a joke anymore. They're losing their talent (anyone notice that Pad Forde is now at Yahoo Sports with Dan Wetzel?) and they've lost any shred of journalistic integrity they possessed by whoring out the SEC and their Bevo TV channel at any possible moment.

May ESPN die a thousand corporate deaths and all of the good journalists find homes.

it is a new world, and i love it. nfl, nbatv, btn all superior to espn. espn programming is becoming obsolete. they had such control of the market and just squandered it, mostly because of the greedy, money-grubbing little paws could not get enough cash.

He uses every other team's logo in the "Bottom 10" but ours. He uses Lil' Red, and then he put Lil' Red in a pink shirt. Shows me that he does not respect us, or likes us. His email is schlabachma@yahoo.com

167.gif2226.gif5.gif84.gif38.gif2439.gif235.gif2305.gif2006.gifnebraska_50.jpg

You obviously don't read the Bottom Ten very often then, because he does stuff like that ALL THE TIME to other teams. He's not singling us out. If anything, he's treating us just like he does everyone else.

We made the bottom 10 for several reasons. First, we were at home and good/great teams play great at home. Second, we were playing a relatively poor team in the conference. Third, we controlled our own destiny in terms of making the Big 10 Championship game for the potential of playing in a BCS Bowl. We responded by simply barely even showing up for the game. This is why we were in the bottom 10 this week. I don't follow it, but did OU make it the week they got beat by TT?

He uses every other team's logo in the "Bottom 10" but ours. He uses Lil' Red, and then he put Lil' Red in a pink shirt. Shows me that he does not respect us, or likes us. His email is schlabachma@yahoo.com

167.gif2226.gif5.gif84.gif38.gif2439.gif235.gif2305.gif2006.gifnebraska_50.jpg

You obviously don't read the Bottom Ten very often then, because he does stuff like that ALL THE TIME to other teams. He's not singling us out. If anything, he's treating us just like he does everyone else.

i used to pay attention to it, thought it was kind of funny, but then i stopped. i really did not know if this was par for the course or he was going out of his way to acknowledge our poor performance. being biased, i thought it was a little much.

IMO, this week's game puts us in a lose lose situation. If we lose to Penn State, well we lose. If we beat Penn State, we lose as well. When we beat MSU, a lot of the pundits basically said it was nothing more than a letdown game for MSU considering the teams they'd played and beat prior. It's basically going to be the same with Penn State considering everything all the distractions their program is going through.

it is a new world, and i love it. nfl, nbatv, btn all superior to espn. espn programming is becoming obsolete. they had such control of the market and just squandered it, mostly because of the greedy, money-grubbing little paws could not get enough cash.

The BTN is absolutely not superior. The game production was very poor Saturday. Certainly better than the old pay-per-view days, but still bad. There were 3 or 4 times I was screaming for a replay never to see it. And the angles they used to determine Ben Cotton was down during replay? Pathetic...nothing even close to a goal line angle. Then the ball ends up spotted at the 1 yard line where his knee is down instead of where the ball was. Not enjoying the games on BTN thus far.

IMO, this week's game puts us in a lose lose situation. If we lose to Penn State, well we lose. If we beat Penn State, we lose as well. When we beat MSU, a lot of the pundits basically said it was nothing more than a letdown game for MSU considering the teams they'd played and beat prior. It's basically going to be the same with Penn State considering everything all the distractions their program is going through.

nothing we can do about that though. ultimately, if we'd win the games we are supposed to win...we won't have people questioning our other wins.

The BTN is absolutely not superior.

I don't know about that.

Employs Mark May:

ESPN = Yes

BTN = No

Advantage = BTN

Employs Lou Holtz:

ESPN = Yes

BTN = No

Advantage = BTN

Employs Erin Andrews:

ESPN = Yes

BTN = No

Advantage = ESPN

In two of the three most important categories in fan enjoyment of college football (not directly related to the game), BTN wins.