Our Boys Need Us - THIS is a game you must attend

If you have ever considered traveling to an away game, as I do quite often (including this game), THIS is the game you should attend. The eyes of the WORLD will be focused on this game, and our Higher Power chose the University of NEBRASKA to be thrust into this despicable situation. This is our opportunity to reflect a proper perspective on college football and how it can function with respect and decency. Believe it or not, many will blame this horrible situation not only on Penn State, but also on college football in general, and how it operates as a cash cow to major acedemic institutions. Because of the power major college football programs accumlate over the years, they are allowed to operation outside the rules of the academic institution, and in this case, outside the law.

Even more so, our PLAYERS and COACHES are in a very difficult position. They need our support in College Station more than they needed it in Madison. TO should attend, Perlman should attend, and YOU should attend. This may turn out to be the most significant game in the history of college football. Our thought-out response is needed.

On a side note....we are about 15% into this story. It will grow considerably in the next 4 weeks. Last Saturday, I tweeted "Joe Pa will not be coaching Penn State when they play Nebraska"...nobody believed me....and now I believe this story is in it's infant stage.

Pelini is going to treat it like its just another game. Part of the process. We happen to be playing Penn St this week but this whole incident has nothing to do with the univ. of Nebraska or its athletes. The Penn St family is who needs overwhelming support not Nebraska. The teams focus should be to rebound from last weeks disappointment and continue to focus on the process.