Tomorrows game and wearing RED

T_O_Bull

I'm hearing that we are being advised not to wear our colors tomorrow. Sorry, on football Saturdays I wear RED, HUSKER RED! Why wouldn't I? I'm 65 years old, I've been Husker RED for 40 years. I did 2 ntours in Viet Nam as a medic with a bunch of crazy jar heads that I love and call my brothers to this day. All nof a sudden I'm being told that I shouldn't wear my team colors into Penn St. stadium because a pervert scum bag commited unthinkable acts with under age boys several years ago? I didn't have anything to do with this situation that PSU is in. Nebraska is just the next game on their schedule. If some punk a$$ college kid wants to get in my face, well just step up punk and live the worst day of your life!

T_O_B

G>B>R

• Fire 1

T_O_Bull: Thank you for serving our country. From what I've heard from people who are already in State College (and are wearing red) the Penn State fans have been welcoming them so I wouldn't be too concerned. I don't think it's going to be that big of a deal come game time. Hopefully, we'll just get to see a really good game between two legendary football teams. Enjoy yourself! GO BIG RED!

I'm hearing that we are being advised not to wear our colors tomorrow. Sorry, on football Saturdays I wear RED, HUSKER RED! Why wouldn't I? I'm 65 years old, I've been Husker RED for 40 years. I did 2 ntours in Viet Nam as a medic with a bunch of crazy jar heads that I love and call my brothers to this day. All nof a sudden I'm being told that I shouldn't wear my team colors into Penn St. stadium because a pervert scum bag commited unthinkable acts with under age boys several years ago? I didn't have anything to do with this situation that PSU is in. Nebraska is just the next game on their schedule. If some punk a$$ college kid wants to get in my face, well just step up punk and live the worst day of your life!

T_O_B

G>B>R

REP-RE-SENT!!!! GBR!!!!!

I think Tom overreacted by suggesting that it would be understandable if Nebraska fans didn't wear red to the game Saturday, because they might be targets of bad behavior.

Wear RED, Wear it Proud,

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEAT PENN STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People please, do not listen to the news go to the source. This is exactly what he said. (sorry had to fix the sentence structure, bad habit)

Here's the thing...

a.) Who actually said you should not wear red? Tom Osborne said he would understand if people didn't, but nobody actually came out saying "Don't do it".

b.) Feel free to wear red if you want to, but a lot of Nebraska fans are being encouraged to wear blue in support of those affected by this situation, or at the very least, a blue ribbon. If you don't want to do that there's no shame in that, a perfectly fine decision, just remember that there are more important things going on than wearing your school colors because you have uber amounts of school pride.

• Fire 2