A weird year for Nebraska football

Nexus

If Nebraska beats Michigan next weekend, they'll be 3-0 against the traditional "blue blood" football schools (800 win teams).

On a sidenote, B1G could have 10 bowl eligible teams when it's all said and done. Purdue and Northwestern have 5 wins with 2 games left. I guess it's been an all around weird year for B1G football in general.

If Nebraska beats Michigan next weekend, they'll be 3-0 against the traditional "blue blood" football schools (800 win teams).

On a sidenote, B1G could have 10 bowl eligible teams when it's all said and done. Purdue and Northwestern have 5 wins with 2 games left. I guess it's been an all around weird year for B1G football in general.

Yep, ain't that the truth. I've never seen anything like it. Some people might say we're weak or the league is mediocre...that may be but its entertaining as hell.

How we lost to Northwestern is baffling to me.....................I hope to GOD that Indiana or Northwestern take MSU out of the mix. Sucks that we need some help to get into the championship game.

Yup. Makes my blood boil when I think about the number of opportunities we've blown under the Pelini regime - from the last 2 B12C's to NW.

I understand there are bad days where teams don't play well and things don't go right but blowing NW off is unacceptable! Do I believe that was the only reason we lost? NO - NW just had play makers who executed and took advantage of our weak areas on defense. I don't understand how a team like NU with all our tradition can't seem to get it together just from an effort and execution point of view

I don't know if we can stop Michigan. I think Bo will have to draw up something special to contain that animal of an offense.

The one constant this year is that we can't stop a running QB. I think we lose next week. Denard will deal us fits. Normally I'm pretty optimistic, but I was at the Northwestern game last week. Penn State was more like Michigan State with regards to their QB mobilitry. We really dropped the ball losing against Northwestern. Still it's possible Nortwestern beats Michigan State though I doubt that happens.

How we lost to Northwestern is baffling to me.....................I hope to GOD that Indiana or Northwestern take MSU out of the mix. Sucks that we need some help to get into the championship game.

Yup. Makes my blood boil when I think about the number of opportunities we've blown under the Pelini regime - from the last 2 B12C's to NW.

I understand there are bad days where teams don't play well and things don't go right but blowing NW off is unacceptable! Do I believe that was the only reason we lost? NO - NW just had play makers who executed and took advantage of our weak areas on defense. I don't understand how a team like NU with all our tradition can't seem to get it together just from an effort and execution point of view

May I ask you a question? On a scale from - ∞ to -1, how much do you hate Bo Pelini?

• Fire 1

I can only agree with part of your post and I've bolded that part. Northwestern played very soundly in that game and kept their fundamentals in check. They tackled well, which definately kept us in check. We can't seem to do that on defense for some reason and that is the annoying part to me. Several times today we messed up on the first hit and they got 3 or 4 more yards because of our players inability to wrap up. The NW game was a perfect storm...........let me show you the recipe.

1. Just beat a very good MSU team easily.

2. Have a lowly NW team coming to town.

3. Ranked in the Top 10 in the nation.

4. Have a HUGE game coming up against an B1G undefeated Penn State team.

5. Win out and the championship game ticket is punched.

6. NW has nothing to lose.

7. BIG TIME EMOTIONAL LET DOWN WITH A LOSS!!!

Thought it was clear that the staff and players crazy overlooked that game...blew off film and all that.

Great, another extraneous comment about how much disdain you have for Bo Pelini.

200px-Trollface.svg.png

Thought it was clear that the staff and players crazy overlooked that game...blew off film and all that.

Oh no, it was clear, but given how we blew them off, we still have WAY more talent then they do and should've beat them.