I don't get where you're coming from. I made a valid point that Rex didn't split carries with anyone in his recruiting class and Heard/Abdullah/Green are.

Which is also the point Blackshirt316 made by comparing numbers. Which is what you were saying to do, right after saying not to compare numbers. You even said "comparable". Really it's not a big deal, I was just pointing out that you were telling everyone to stop comparing numbers, but compared numbers yourself. So.... why stop comparing numbers, especially when you were saying "everyone" who was comparing numbers, which would include someone who made the same point you were trying to make, much more in depth.

Really it's not a big deal, I was just pointing out that you were telling everyone to stop comparing numbers, but compared numbers yourself. So.... why stop comparing numbers, especially when you were saying "everyone" who was comparing numbers, which would include someone who made the same point you were trying to make, much more successfully.

Seems like a big deal to someone.

Really it's not a big deal, I was just pointing out that you were telling everyone to stop comparing numbers, but compared numbers yourself. So.... why stop comparing numbers, especially when you were saying "everyone" who was comparing numbers, which would include someone who made the same point you were trying to make, much more successfully.

Seems like a big deal to someone.

Because I posted what you asked me to?

Just forget it. I was pointing it out, you got defensive, I retorted. blah blah blah

Sipple just happened to talk to Aaron Green yesterday about not playing much lately:

Aaron Green: Watching 'real different'

Nebraska running back Aaron Green hasn't carried the ball in the last two games.

He's doing what a lot of true freshmen have to do -- that is, wait their turn.

"It's been real different," he said after Monday's practice. "I've never been on the bench as much (as this season) -- been a bench-warmer. But it's cool. Everybody's got to play their role. I guess that's the role I have to play for us to win."

Green, an intensely recruited running back from San Antonio, has carried 21 times for 97 yards. Of course, junior workhorse Rex Burkhead carries the lion's share of the load. True freshmen Braylon Heard (25 carries for 114 yards) and Ameer Abdullah (24 for 97) also battle for playing time.

Yeah, it can be frustrating watching, Green said.

"If it's not frustrating, you shouldn't be playing," he said. "If you're not a competitor, this isn't the sport for you. I'm a competitor. I like to play. Of course, it's frustrating. But we're winning, so I have other things to worry about."

He said he had to fight for playing time in high school.

"I've never had anything given to me," he said. "I've always worked out. I've always earned what I had. That's why I'm here today."

He sounds upbeat about the rest of the season, saying he looks forward to the possibility of Nebraska landing in the Fiesta Bowl. The Fiesta has the first BCS at-large pick.

"I know we can win these last two games if we play the way we're capable of playing," he said. "As long as we take care of business, you know, we'll be in Phoenix."

It's not like Nebraska players are talking a lot about the bowl season and all the scenarios, Green said.

"You know me, I'm a curious dude," he said. "So I've been looking up stuff. I found that out and got pretty excited."

Sipple just happened to talk to Aaron Green yesterday about not playing much lately:

Aaron Green: Watching 'real different'

Nebraska running back Aaron Green hasn't carried the ball in the last two games.

He's doing what a lot of true freshmen have to do -- that is, wait their turn.

"It's been real different," he said after Monday's practice. "I've never been on the bench as much (as this season) -- been a bench-warmer. But it's cool. Everybody's got to play their role. I guess that's the role I have to play for us to win."

Green, an intensely recruited running back from San Antonio, has carried 21 times for 97 yards. Of course, junior workhorse Rex Burkhead carries the lion's share of the load. True freshmen Braylon Heard (25 carries for 114 yards) and Ameer Abdullah (24 for 97) also battle for playing time.

Yeah, it can be frustrating watching, Green said.

"If it's not frustrating, you shouldn't be playing," he said. "If you're not a competitor, this isn't the sport for you. I'm a competitor. I like to play. Of course, it's frustrating. But we're winning, so I have other things to worry about."

He said he had to fight for playing time in high school.

"I've never had anything given to me," he said. "I've always worked out. I've always earned what I had. That's why I'm here today."

He sounds upbeat about the rest of the season, saying he looks forward to the possibility of Nebraska landing in the Fiesta Bowl. The Fiesta has the first BCS at-large pick.

"I know we can win these last two games if we play the way we're capable of playing," he said. "As long as we take care of business, you know, we'll be in Phoenix."

It's not like Nebraska players are talking a lot about the bowl season and all the scenarios, Green said.

"You know me, I'm a curious dude," he said. "So I've been looking up stuff. I found that out and got pretty excited."

Thank you for posting this.... I have been somewhat critical of the fact that he uses twitter to air frustrations and still think he needs to grow up in that respect...but I really want this kid to stick it out and become a Husker great. I actually feel better after reading this post.

Should have been redshirted. He has every right to be upset, why waste a year and never see the field.

Considering the fact that he told the coaches he didn't want to redshirt DESPITE being told the sober reality of how many touches he was going to get, he has only himself to be upset at.

This can't be emphasized enough. A lot of redshirt cases play out like this. We blame the coaches, when in reality, the players had the option, and the coaches had the right advice: but they didn't take it. See Niles Paul, Marlon Lucky. Maybe Prince and Dennard, I am not sure.

I think the bigger question is why Heard didn't go the medical route. He disappeared for several weeks earlier in the season with a leg infection, and I do not think we've seen him much since, could be wrong. In any case, was it worth bringing him back from that for the scant carries he'd get afterwards?