Has the OL improved or regressed?

Pensick is likely to step in at center, unless he really struggles this offseason and the coaches deem it necessary to move another guy (likely a guard) to center. If the coaches are so in love with A-Rod and Spencer Long and guard, I wouldn't mind seeing Choi step in at center, if they can teach a panda to snap :D.

I will be very interested in seeing how Ryne Reeves has came along by that point. By meaning grasping the offensive concept, and more iportantly recovering from surgeries. If this guy is back to full strength and the light bulb comes on, look out. He would be an ideal fit at Center.

Enhance, I agree with ya. Even with the occassional struggles the line this year seems way further ahead than last years.

As for the question of what one would like the OLine to look like next year(a little early but whatever) TMoore, Long/Qvale, Reeves/Pensick, Choi, Sirles. ARod has a lot to figure out still IMO. And I am so curious about Qvale, we as fans have heard so much about how the staff is intruiged by the kid, yet we only get to see him on extra points and field goals.

I really think it is hard to judge any part of our team in regards to improving or regressing.

We have been so Jekyll and Hyde this year, I still do not know what team is the real NU. The world beating D that showed up against MSU or the D that showed up against Wisky, the O line that showed up against UDub, or the one that showed up at NW.

We are winning save 2 losses, so we are doing something right. Unfortunately, it really looks like we are playing to our competition ie MSU and PSU have great D's and we played very well on O. I know PSU really pushed us around, BUT we did rush for almost 200 yrds, Martinez wasn't really harassed in the pocket and we are incredibly young, inexperienced and still have no identity. We pass one game, run the next, throw in the option, a little zone read etc......Pretty hard to get good ie jack of trades master of none, when we run such a "multiple O".

Yet, with all the names bandied about shuffling throughout the line all year..............................we only took TWO guards to Happy Valley yesterday..............??

Since we brought home a "W"..............THAT is either a glass 1/2 full or 1/2 empty................

I too would like to know Zoogies. Dude was being talked up a lot last offseason and suddenly he's fallen off the face of the Earth the last season and a half...?

Perhaps it was Shawn Watson's master plan to bring Thompson in beginning this season, and that would have resurrected his offense and breathed new life into this team, earning him a long term extension and allowing him to eventually have his pick of where to go to become head coach. What could have been... :LOLtartar

I don't think it's regressed, I just think it's hit or miss....sort of like our defense. Bottom line, we played a big game, against a really good D line...we rushed for 180, and won the football game. It's hard to complain about that too much. The inconsistency however, that needs to be fixed.

IDK..... just a couple of weeks ago after MSU everyone was singing their praises and just 2 games later we seem to be back in Fresno form where the OL gets stuffed for the most part and only has a few good/decent plays.

What the hell is going on? I know PSU had a stout DL but there were many times in this game where the OL esp. Long, Caputo and Choi where getting OWNED. It's been a while where I've seen running plays get blown up before they even had a chance. 4th and 2? I would have almost felt better if we punted or kicked a FG.

IMO it's lack of talent. We clearly don't have B1G size and speed in the trenches. I think that's why see the DL get absolutely no pressure. We're just not big enough going up against B1G OL. Did Bo just whiff on recruiting the last 3 years or is this how B12 talent looks?

No attack here AH, but I will point out the very obvious fact that you continually do this after games where we play one of the better defenses in the country. Penn State has a very solid D-Line. We scored more points than 2/3 of the teams they've played this year...our O-line is definitely improving.