SEC

5 teams ranked

#1,#3,#6,#14,#15

Average Ranking: 7.8

P12

2 ranked teams

#4,#9

Average Ranking: 6.5

This is a little missleading, this only takes into account the average ranking of the ranked teams. The two conferences with the most ranked teams (B1G and SEC) have 5 each with the lower ranked teams in the B1G pulling down the average. If you figure that the next highest ranked team in the ACC could be no higher than #26 that would bring the average of their top 5 teams down to 17.2. If you figure the BiG XII's top 5 teams with the next highest possible rankings being 26 & 27, that brings their avg. down to 15.4, and using that same concept the highest possible ranking of the top 5 teams in the PAC 12 would be 18.8.

• Fire 1

A breakdown of conferences in this weeks coaches poll:

ACC

4 ranked teams

#7,#8,#22,#23

Average ranking: 15

B10

5 ranked teams

#21,#18,#16,#13,#12

Average ranking: 16

B12

3 teams ranked

#2,#5,#17

Average Ranking: 8

SEC

5 teams ranked

#1,#3,#6,#14,#15

P12

2 ranked teams

#4,#9

This is a little missleading, this only takes into account the average ranking of the ranked teams. The two conferences with the most ranked teams (B1G and SEC) have 5 each with the lower ranked teams in the B1G pulling down the average. If you figure that the next highest ranked team in the ACC could be no higher than #26 that would bring the average of their top 5 teams down to 17.2. If you figure the BiG XII's top 5 teams with the next highest possible rankings being 26 & 27, that brings their avg. down to 15.4, and using that same concept the highest possible ranking of the top 5 teams in the PAC 12 would be 18.8.

That is all true. I was going to further those stats but I had a glue huffing session that in good conscious I just could not miss.

• Fire 1

A breakdown of conferences in this weeks coaches poll:

ACC

4 ranked teams

#7,#8,#22,#23

Average ranking: 15

B10

5 ranked teams

#21,#18,#16,#13,#12

Average ranking: 16

B12

3 teams ranked

#2,#5,#17

Average Ranking: 8

SEC

5 teams ranked

#1,#3,#6,#14,#15

P12

2 ranked teams

#4,#9

That is all true. I was going to further those stats but I had a glue huffing session that in good conscious I just could not miss.

I guess I can't expect you to skip that

Checking in @ #16 in the BCS. One behind Michigan State, one in front of Wisconsin and two in front of Michigan.

This makes no sense to me. I know the BCS is run by the computers and such, but being one spot behind a team that has the same record as us, that we also beat face to face is a little ridiculous to me

Checking in @ #16 in the BCS. One behind Michigan State, one in front of Wisconsin and two in front of Michigan.

This makes no sense to me. I know the BCS is run by the computers and such, but being one spot behind a team that has the same record as us, that we also beat face to face is a little ridiculous to me

Wisconsin could make the same claim