Bold Prediction concerning Martinez and Robinson

Warrior10

I really think the defense will do surprisingly well in this game. You have to remember that our defense has been molded for the past two years to stop spread offenses (which they did very well) and that's exactly what Michigan runs. Plus, Denard Robinson has been getting banged up pretty badly the past couple of weeks.

I really think the defense will do surprisingly well in this game. You have to remember that our defense has been molded for the past two years to stop spread offenses (which they did very well) and that's exactly what Michigan runs. Plus, Denard Robinson has been getting banged up pretty badly the past couple of weeks.

Great point, from what I heard we resorted back to the defensive schemes or calls we ran last year against MSU and that's why our defense did so well against them. Considering Michigan is a high powered offense that is more like a Big XII offense could we see our guys resort back to our defensive play from last year and the MSU game if this is in fact true?

[cough]NORTHWESTERN[/cough]

• Fire 2

[cough]NORTHWESTERN[/cough]

You make a good point. I'm calling that game a mulligan, just like Texas Tech in '09. :)

I have no doubt in your defense shutting down Denard next week. He has struggled mightily against strong D's (see: MSU, Iowa, 2010 MSU, Iowa, Ohio State, Mississippi State). Plus, I think the coaching staff is really losing faith in Denard, given his propensity to have 2-3 craptastic turnovers/game. The announcers kept saying Denard was injured yesterday, but it was pretty obvious that he was not injured, but benched after committing 3 terrible turnovers and nearly throwing another pick six.

I have no doubt in your defense shutting down Denard next week. He has struggled mightily against strong D's (see: MSU, Iowa, 2010 MSU, Iowa, Ohio State, Mississippi State). Plus, I think the coaching staff is really losing faith in Denard, given his propensity to have 2-3 craptastic turnovers/game. The announcers kept saying Denard was injured yesterday, but it was pretty obvious that he was not injured, but benched after committing 3 terrible turnovers and nearly throwing another pick six.

Welcome to the board GoBlueM, who came in for Dennard? How did he do? What's your take on how the game will play out.

our backup, devin gardner. Another mobile QB, but he is built more like Terrelle Pryor (but extremely raw in the passing game). He had a couple three and outs (mostly handing the ball off with a 10 point lead). Then had a nice 30-40 yard TD pass on 3rd and 15 to seal the game.

I honestly see the game being a pretty low scoring affair. I think the winning team will score in the low 20's. Our D isn't quite on the Ohio State/Penn State level, but it is pretty close, and they create a LOT of turnovers. The big guy for you to watch for is not Denard, but our sophomore RB Fitz Touissant. He's been averaging almost 7 yards a carry the past 3 weeks, and has really been the focus of our offense lately.

our backup, devin gardner. Another mobile QB, but he is built more like Terrelle Pryor (but extremely raw in the passing game). He had a couple three and outs (mostly handing the ball off with a 10 point lead). Then had a nice 30-40 yard TD pass on 3rd and 15 to seal the game.

I honestly see the game being a pretty low scoring affair. I think the winning team will score in the low 20's. Our D isn't quite on the Ohio State/Penn State level, but it is pretty close, and they create a LOT of turnovers. The big guy for you to watch for is not Denard, but our sophomore RB Fitz Touissant. He's been averaging almost 7 yards a carry the past 3 weeks, and has really been the focus of our offense lately.

Well luckily for us our run defense has been horrible this year................ :throw

Martinez = 57.7% CMP% 1688 YDS 10 TD 7 INT

Robinson = 52.4% CMP% 1611 YDS 13 TD 13 INT

Burkhead = 212 CAR 1072 YDS 5.1 AVG 14 TD

Robinson = 151 CAR 864 YDS 5.7 AVG 12 TD

In the passing department, it's pretty much a wash in terms of completion percentage, yards, and touchdowns, but Robinson has almost twice as many interceptions as Martinez. IF our D-line will be able to get pressure on Robinson and IF Carl dials up some creative blitzes, then I think we can force Shoelace to turn the ball over. That will be the key in the game IMO, who takes care of the ball. I think if Martinez continues to manage the game like he's done the past few weeks and throws fairly accurate passes (and if our WRs decide to catch the ball), we should win this game.

The QB battle is what everyone is going to talk about (namely the media), but this game is going to be won on the defensive side of the football. Whatever defense decides to step up and make more plays will win the game. The Blackshirts will need to play their best game and contain, not stop, contain Robinson in order to pull this one out.

Also, the Wolverines are giving up 15.5 a game. 5th best in the country.

I have been mentioning Touissant for a couple days on all the Robinson related threads. That dude is shift and quick. We definitely need to stop the run first. If I am a betting man I would risk the pass over the abilitie for Robinson or Touissant's abilities to hurt us on the ground. That running back is a gamer for sure.