Info

Yeah, I wouldn't have been dissatisfied with Sandberg at all. I was also kind of intrigued by Mike Maddux, I think he has a pretty high baseball pedigree. But I guess it's Dave Sveum for the time being. We'll see...I guess I'd never really heard of Joe Maddon until a couple of years ago either, and he seems to have worked out alright for the Rays.

Maybe Theo thinks this somehow increases the chances at landing Prince Fielder

Yeah, I wouldn't have been dissatisfied with Sandberg at all. I was also kind of intrigued by Mike Maddux, I think he has a pretty high baseball pedigree. But I guess it's Dave Sveum for the time being. We'll see...I guess I'd never really heard of Joe Maddon until a couple of years ago either, and he seems to have worked out alright for the Rays.

Is this Theo Huckstible(sp)? I didn't know he got into baseball.

Hmm...intriguing comment. I hadn't considered that. I'm afraid we don't have enough wriggle room to try and land a big fish this year though. Hendry mortgaged the future with moves like signing a Soriano with a three year window of peak performance and then a guaranteed decline in performance to long term, highly lucrative contract, and those moves did get us into the playoffs in '07, and gave us a great regular season in '08. But now we've got to jettison so much dead weight and poison contracts. Now we've got to take our medicine...f'ing Hendry. I don't blame him though, I really don't. Those '07 and '08 teams had a legit shot, we just folded like a cheap tent.

People want it here it is, post any info ya got about the program and recruiting.

When you say post any info about the program and recruiting, do you mean re-post everything that's posted in every thread in both the recruiting and Husker football forums? Seems like a pointless thread...just saying.

Dena vu time, now we need posters to say you're an a$$ for your comments.

People want it here it is, post any info ya got about the program and recruiting.

When you say post any info about the program and recruiting, do you mean re-post everything that's posted in every thread in both the recruiting and Husker football forums? Seems like a pointless thread...just saying.

Dena vu time, now we need posters to say you're an a$$ for your comments.

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure thats happened to you caveman. chuckleshuffle

Why is this getting discussed here in recruiting? I could really care less about what the Cubs do. They haven't won it in 100 years and they wont be winning it anytime soon.

Fair enough, this isn't the "Other Sports" forum. The discussion just kind of evolved from "info" that was disseminated by PaulCrewe in the "info" thread.

It sounds like you're actually kind of a half-ass Cubs fan though, considering that you really could care less about what the Cubbies do. That's on the other end of the spectrum from indifference, brotha. :lol: