The "Nobody" needs to be fired thread....

walksalone

I see it a little different.

I see a major loss at Wisconsin.

I see a loss at Ohio State, if their starter had not gone down.

I see a win after Michigan State had to be exhausted. I wonder what it would have been had we played them first.

I see a disgusting loss to Northwestern, never to be forgotten and nearing the bottom of the barrel along with Iowa State and WasingtonII

I see a win to a Penn State that if would have had another quarter most likely would have beaten us.

I see a major loss to Michigan that should have been the easiest team on the planet to prepare for and desire to win beyond belief

In other words I see pathetic losses and some lucky wins which very easily could have been six 6, yes six losses.

That is not up to Nebraska standards.

I see a very possible loss to Iowa, and most likely a loss in the bowl game.

We have problems, we need to figure out what they are and fix them, or the hope of a return to elite status is gone.

And I do not believe BO is a leading candidate for any head coaching jobs. It would be almost as stupid as it was for us hiring him.

10-3 is okay, but the record does not tell the whole story.

9-5 will end the thought of him leaving without being asked to leave.

Auburn won a string of "lucky" wins all the way to a National Title last year:

Beat a 9-4 Miss St. team by 3.

Beat 6-7 Clemson by 3 in OT.

Beat 9-5 South Carolina by 8.

Beat 6-7 Kentucky by 3.

People who say "back in the day we didn't lose to Northwestern" or "we were just lucky to beat a team that bad" don't realize how college football has changed.

Iowa St. (6-4) 37, #2 OK St. 31

NC St. (6-5) 37, #7 Clemson 13

TCU (9-2) 36, #5 Boise St. 35

Iowa (7-5) 24, #15 Michigan 16

Georgia Tech (8-3) 31, #5 Clemson 17

Texas Tech (5-6) 41, #3 Oklahoma 38

And that's just in the last five weeks. In each of those weeks, an unraked team beat a BCS Top 10 team. That doesn't make it any better that we lost to Northwestern but it is hardly an indication that this coaching staff is failing.

I had several athletes that were seen by sports pyschologist. Postive reenforcement was a major path, vision success. It helped a couple, others saw little from it.

I must say I was very happy with today's game. They played real football most of the game. A little lax at the end, but the game was out of hand for Iowa.

Possibly last weeks game did us some good. Losses if learned from can be beneficial. Hats off to Bo for having the kids ready to play today. Hopefully this is the first step to correcting what ever has been wrong.

Sorry for being such a pain in the A$$ the last few days. Having total knee replacement on both knees in Jaunary and the cold and wet has made moving hell. Pain was no excuse for my comments. Sorry.

we always value your opinions......good luck on the surgery.

I had several athletes that were seen by sports pyschologist. Postive reenforcement was a major path, vision success. It helped a couple, others saw little from it.

I must say I was very happy with today's game. They played real football most of the game. A little lax at the end, but the game was out of hand for Iowa.

Possibly last weeks game did us some good. Losses if learned from can be beneficial. Hats off to Bo for having the kids ready to play today. Hopefully this is the first step to correcting what ever has been wrong.

Sorry for being such a pain in the A$$ the last few days. Having total knee replacement on both knees in Jaunary and the cold and wet has made moving hell. Pain was no excuse for my comments. Sorry.

Ouch! Take care! My Mom had both of hers done. That is NO fun. I'm recovering from surgery too! Blah! Great game today. Really thought it was balanced. Who do you see us playing in our bowl game and which bowl game do you see us playing?

He still has major growth issues. Controlling his temper, bashing the media, his one ally to bridge the gap when his team does not play up to the level we all expect. His stubborness, is high on the list, and his contempt for the fan base is almost sickening at times.

I don't think you're giving him credit for improving in this area. What we've seen this year hasn't been anywhere near what we've seen in the past. Yes, he's still visibly mad on the sidelines from time to time. I'd be concerned if he wasn't given how we've played at times. But nothing like what we've seen in the past. And the one run-in with the press this year was only after the guy kept egging him on. And even then, he didn't even raise his voice.

Redshirts thrown away for a couple plays and set the bench the rest of the year.

Maybe I'm forgetting some guys here so you can give me some examples but I think this has improved by leaps and bounds over what it was before he got here. Maybe his first year there were a couple but the last couple years we've red-shirted A LOT of guys who could have played but instead they're being held out:

Ryan Klachko, Todd Peat, Max Pirman & David Santos could probably all have contributed this year but sat.

I think Ryne Reeves will be a good one but obviously was a good redshirt.

Kenny Bell, Jay Guy and Chase Rome are all contributing as Redshirt Freshmen.

Jason Ankrah, Andrew Green, Jake & Spencer Long, Taylor Martinez & Thad Randle are all playing a lot as Redshirt Sophmores.

The only one I can think of this year is you could probably argue that we could have redshirted either Green or Heard as a #4 RB. But I think early in the year we were thinking it was between those two for the #2 spot before Abdullah really came on (he was always good on returns but didn't get into the backfield a lot until later in the year). Are there others from the last couple years?