The "Nobody" needs to be fired thread....

walksalone

Peterson won't come here when he could probably go to UCLA after Skippy is canned and as far as I'm concerned, it would be a smarter move because he would get lots of time to heal the program. If they have let Skippy have this much time, I'm sure they will let Peterson.

I wouldn't want Paul Johnson because I don't care for the triple option, if it can't win the ACC, it will not win in the B1G.

Golden would take Penn State before he comes here.

Peterson won't come here when he could probably go to UCLA after Skippy is canned and as far as I'm concerned, it would be a smarter move because he would get lots of time to heal the program. If they have let Skippy have this much time, I'm sure they will let Peterson.

I wouldn't want Paul Johnson because I don't care for the triple option, if it can't win the ACC, it will not win in the B1G.

and play second fiddle to USC? I can certainly see him going there but I (even w/ the red glasses off) think Nebraska is in a much better situation for a coaching prospect than UCLA. It's not like Mangino left KU. There is potential here. He wouldn't be starting over w/ a new QB. Which is also why Johnson would be intrigued IMO. G-Tech can't pull in recruits like Nebraska would be able to. Johnson would have a better oportunity for it to work in the Big10. Likewise it would be such a drastic difference than each team see's every week it would give us an advantage. I think that's why you see some of these Big10 teams lose a couple times every year, even when they are highly ranked...they're all essentially the same.

I don't see any of these coaching here either. But I dont' think it's too far fetched to think they'd be interested...or at least entertain the thought.

I could see Peterson coming here. His days of dominating a suspect league with lesser players are over. He probably doesn't even know which league he'll be coaching come 2012. And probably a new one in 2013. Nebraska offers Peterson stability.

I can't. He's already turned down Arizona and Stanford. He's staying at Boise State because of his son's battles with cancer. I believe Boise State has one of the best treatment facilities for his son's particular diagnosis.

He's in indebted to Boise forever and I doubt he'll ever leave.

"I've never been a big one for moving and uprooting your family," Petersen said.

Likewise it presents an appealing situation for a guy like Paul Johnson at G. Tech. Being able to come in and implement the tripple option in the grand-daddy of all option programs...and get out of the ever-changing ACC into the Big10 at the same time? He'd jump at it. Golden just got dropped into a program that had a bomb go off in their compliance department. Miami is about to get hit hard - why ride that crapper into the ground and watch your career go with it?

I think a lot of you are forgetting that with conference changes comes changes for these coaches. Guys coaching in the ACC/Big East are watching as their conferences drastically change. Guys in the Big12 aren't sure who they'll be playing in 2013. It sets itself up very nicely for a program coming off an 8-4 or 9-3 season, that finds themselves in a stable conference.

I'm not advocating for a coaching change - but if TO decides that's the path to take...I won't be too worried about the possible heir-apparent (unless he picks up KU's leftovers and gives the reigns to Gill...then I'd be worried)

Does Paul Johnson offer anything more than what Pelini offers? I doubt we be in much better of a situation, if not worse, with Johnson.

As for Golden, he's another unproven coach. That would be a heck of a gamble to get rid of Pelini, who thus far has nothing worse than a 9 win season, for Golden.

Let's face it, Pelini is probably our best possible option as a HC at this point. We won't be able to get the big names like Meyer, Kelley or Peterson, and honestly, when has Nebraska been able to grab the big name head coach?

honestly, i do not see why they just let the fans coach? we would probably do it for free. it could be sortition where someone in the stands is randomly picked (like 'wof') to coach the game or season. or it could be a democracy where we vote on who to play, what plays to run, and everything else. it is almost a plutocracy where the rich run the show, be we can all agree the aristocracy just ain't cutting it.

Most coaches would not come here if we fired Bo. Urban made that exact same comment when we fired Frank. Bo in the eyes of college football has been successful. Not so much in our eyes. But there are media reports of a poor job being done. I know it is bleacher bull, but it is starting.

Bo is here because a major booster wanted him here. The last I heard he still does. He paid the pay off for Clownahan to have him gone and demanded we hired Bo. Believe it or not.

Bo is a good coach, in over his head, nothing more. His number one problems is his temper and his ability to control it. Most teams are mirror images of their coach, IE out of control. We see it a lot during a game. Stupid pentalties, late hits on and on.

Hiring a head coach at major univertisy that had never been a head coach anywhere was going to be a problem. That is the reason Tom stays on. He is just needed more hands on I think.

Youth is the problem, but it is not just the players. Indecsion is another problem. We have to establish a offensive mind set. Kids having their red shirts wasted is not good. It does affect recruiting and we need all we can get. As a fan base we have no idea of what to expect from our offense week to week. Hard to recurit kids to a program when they do not know if we are a running team, a passing team or option or spread. They want to know what is going to be expected of them coming in, and trust it will remain the same.

Talk of changing coaches kills recruiting. We need to stop it now.

honestly, i do not see why they just let the fans coach? we would probably do it for free. it could be sortition where someone in the stands is randomly picked (like 'wof') to coach the game or season. or it could be a democracy where we vote on who to play, what plays to run, and everything else. it is almost a plutocracy where the rich run the show, be we can all agree the aristocracy just ain't cutting it.

I would agree to this. But only if everyone one else in the crowd got their own hot dog cannon. ANd we could shoot at the crowd-coach if his play didn't work out.

Funny, a few weeks ago no one was complaining about the O-line.

Funny, I have been criticizing the O-line's lack of consistency pretty much since Cotton began coaching them. The majority of our offensive problems are rooted right there.

Yeah, I think the O Line has been taking heat pretty much all season, with the possible exception of the Michigan State game.

Sorry, but as long as Cotton is the o-line coach, it will not get any better. He is a major disappointment. I think the defense will eventually come around but we need to get and develop better player talent. I don't feel like our recruiting is very good by any of the coaches to be honest, their evaluation of talent is lacking, and we need to go after more than 2 star players... And that will need to be improved either in house or bring someone in that knows how to do it right.

I think most will agree Barney Cotton has got to go.

I read on this board and my employers are huge donors and i have heard mumblings supporting the rumor that Jamrog will be out as assoc. ad of football ops and that Cotton will be moved to that position and that Stai and Garrison will take over full-time off line duties. Ive also heard mumblings of Ganz future involvement as a full-time assistant.

and play second fiddle to USC? I can certainly see him going there but I (even w/ the red glasses off) think Nebraska is in a much better situation for a coaching prospect than UCLA. It's not like Mangino left KU. There is potential here. He wouldn't be starting over w/ a new QB. Which is also why Johnson would be intrigued IMO. G-Tech can't pull in recruits like Nebraska would be able to. Johnson would have a better oportunity for it to work in the Big10. Likewise it would be such a drastic difference than each team see's every week it would give us an advantage. I think that's why you see some of these Big10 teams lose a couple times every year, even when they are highly ranked...they're all essentially the same.

I don't see any of these coaching here either. But I dont' think it's too far fetched to think they'd be interested...or at least entertain the thought.

No. I don't want to entertain the thought. This 'fire the coach' or 'replace the coach' thread only happens when we lose. You never hear about it when we win. Changing coaches like we change our underwear is poor. It smacks of 'insecurity' in the ranks. I like Bo and I think he's going to be fine. He just needs the chance to grow as a coach and as an individual. Our boys are young but they have talent. All of the coaches that were listed were contacted when we were looking for a new coach the last time and yes we had heard about them already. None of them answered the call. I don't know if you remember but the fans were crying for Bo to come here before Callahan came here. Peterson didn't want him and look what we got. I shudder to think what we would get should Bo decide to leave. He's a popular commodity in the B1G. His name has already been mentioned in the same breath as Urban Meyer's and Bob Stoops to take over at Ohio State. If you want a different coach so badly then root for another team. Most folks here want Bo to stay put.