Not a TM Bashing

Spartness

Lord's numbers, quite the running back... He didn't start until he was a Junior so his Junior/Senior numbers are here. For all of the talk about how bad Taylor's throwing motion is, he is much better at completing passes than past QBs. I don't think most of us remember how truly awful the QBs used to be at passing.

6352006.jpg?628

Also do not forget the superior lines that they also enjoyed as well. I think the numbers would look far worse if you gave our starting 5 to Crouch or Frazier.

The OP's point is very Relevant. Essentially, in maturing as a game manager T-Mart has become less explosive.

The questions as I see them:

- are the defenses dictating that?

- is Beck able to solve that?

- has T-Mart lost a step?

- can he be both a game manager and explosive?

I honestly don't know. BUT, what it does mean, from my view, is that the QB competition will likely be far more open than one would expect with a 2 year starter returning for his JR season.

Also do not forget the superior lines that they also enjoyed as well. I think the numbers would look far worse if you gave our starting 5 to Crouch or Frazier.

Agreed, the coaching staff has asked a lot out of Taylor this year. The offense has been based entirely on Burkhead and Martinez, nobody else even has 30 carries/catches.

He is a freaking Sophomore. I don't care who you are 99% of all sophomores are still developing. Look at all of the other "greatest qb in college history".

was going to call you out on the Tim Tebow thing - since he won the Heisman as a sophomore...but looks like you edited.

The sophomore thing gets old by the way...he's still developing but there are plenty of young QBs that are very successfull in CFB. See k-state 2011.

"Only a Sophomore"

Go look at total starts by a QB, a better stat, and I think you will see T-Mart (a redshirt sophomore) has as many starts as many juniors and probably lots of seniors.

Leave the class out of it.

He started very, very raw. He's matured, no doubt. But, frankly, he remains still pretty raw. Time will tell how far he can progress and whether anyone will overtake him.

• Fire 1
The sophomore thing gets old by the way...he's still developing but there are plenty of young QBs that are very successfull in CFB. See k-state 2011.

Gets old until he is a Junior....K-State's QB is a Junior.

who played 2009 as a WR or on special teams. sound familiar? and in 2010 he started a few games -playing sparing. Taylor has an extra year of starts at QB. in terms of his development...Taylors got a larger resume under center,