I think i need a break

Im a husker fan and i love this board. But some of you have taken a dip off the deep end. Its easy for Badgerfan and Cy the Cyclone to make threads to make us laugh and i enjoy those. But others are just plum gone insane. We just fired 2 coaches who didnt (Measure Up) and now were seriously thinking about another. This coach is bad, that coach is bad, the players arent motivated, the players are punished. Holy cow man, most of the teams in the big 10 would love to have the stats we have had the past 3 years.

Didnt we send a Heisman finalist to the NFL recentlly, how about a couple of Great strong safties and outstanding kicker. Im sure no one will lose sleep if i just take a step back, but i have a feeling that some of you are the type of fan of any team who would act the same way. The whole it doesnt work fire fire fire type. Some teams do alot with what they have and they are happy with the results. Nebraska fans seem to never be happy with what they get. And when they get what they want and they dont see results immediately its fire them and rewrite the playbook.

No not all of you feel like this, but ive read enough threads in the past 3 weeks to stop and wonder where some of you guys come up with this stuff.

The ones your talking about is a very small minority, of Husker fans. Their just on here more. Talking to friends back home, sounds like the majority of them are just waiting till Bo gets them their B1G or N/C. None of my friends are screaming for any heads to roll. Some of them do question how the o-line is preforming, though. Still hate to lose, of course. Just like the rest of us, red till were dead.

GBR!!!

Take a step back from the ledge. No reason to step away from the boards. The good thing, for me, is that not everyone sees things the same way. I am not in the fire, fire, fire crowd, BUT I do think the staff needs to really look in the mirror in the off season. Same with the players. They need to decide where they want to be next year and take the appropriate steps to get there. Is it by letting go of some personnel? Practicing differently? Embracing the fan base instead of "us against the world"? Who knows.

Friday is another chance.

some think there is something fudamentally wrong with the system at NU......a lot of the frustration surrounds understanding why Pelini does what he does as the coach.....this is the part that frustrates the hell out of us as fans. there will never be openess with Pelini as the HC, he is too damn secretive and i am not sure he can survive running the program this way, while sustaining some embarassing defeats on a regular basis......next 2 years are critical for him.

Im a husker fan and i love this board. But some of you have taken a dip off the deep end. Its easy for Badgerfan and Cy the Cyclone to make threads to make us laugh and i enjoy those. But others are just plum gone insane. We just fired 2 coaches who didnt (Measure Up) and now were seriously thinking about another. This coach is bad, that coach is bad, the players arent motivated, the players are punished. Holy cow man, most of the teams in the big 10 would love to have the stats we have had the past 3 years.

Didnt we send a Heisman finalist to the NFL recentlly, how about a couple of Great strong safties and outstanding kicker. Im sure no one will lose sleep if i just take a step back, but i have a feeling that some of you are the type of fan of any team who would act the same way. The whole it doesnt work fire fire fire type. Some teams do alot with what they have and they are happy with the results. Nebraska fans seem to never be happy with what they get. And when they get what they want and they dont see results immediately its fire them and rewrite the playbook.

No not all of you feel like this, but ive read enough threads in the past 3 weeks to stop and wonder where some of you guys come up with this stuff.

The Michigan State game was the icing on the cake for me. When we man handle an opponent like that and I can still count more negative threads than positive, we have serious issues as a fan base.

• Fire 1

I consider myself more of a kool-aid drinker then a negative nancy, but this thread is just as bad as all the "Fire Bo" & "Hind & Qtr Martinez" threads. Grow a pair. Don't read the stuff that bothers you. I've learned to not read anything from Austinhusker (or however he spells it). If there is nothing but negative threads start a new one. There are others on this board that would love to discuss the positive side of things. I am one. I wanted Bo hired back in '03 & I still support him today. I'm not always happy with a play call or who he has on the field, but I can guarentee he knows his players better then I do. I grew up in the 80's. I lived thru the great times with Osborne. I was baffled when Solich got fired in '03 & not in '02. I watched my team go up in flames under the Callahan Error i mean era. I watched Bo transform a pathic defense in just one year. The defense is having a down year, we are in a new conference & they are installing a new offense & we could still end this season with 10 wins. So take your Prozac & get back to the keyboard.

• Fire 2

HB is a very small percentage of husker fans and most likely the more radical portion of the fanbase.

I think we're pretty middle-of-the-road as Husker Fans. My experience has been that the vast majority of these "world is ending" threads are started by folks who rarely post here, but use this as a place to vent. It has been my experience that the folks who most often post here are reasonable. For the most part.

Bigred, I'm with you. I've tended to steer clear of Huskerboard lately because of those "off the deep end post." I think they have gotten worse since the closing of Huskerpedia, and wonder if that crew is just more negative? Here is the deal though. We know that players read the board, if we don't have a few positive posters to counterbalance the negativity, those few fans can quickly soil the relationship between fans and players.

To me it's obvious this team knows how good it can be. We've seen in the way they've played several games that they can be world beaters. The problem is that sometimes knowing how good you are becomes a detriment. You become complacent, you lose that hunger, and then you get proven that when you aren't playing to your utmost potential you're not even half as good as you think you are. That is why all of our losses have come off of huge wins in the last couple years. We have had good teams that have had the ability to be great. After the huge wins the hype is believed by the team and they feel they can just show up and win. Being a good team at Nebraska with this staff is easy. What the team needs to learn is that that being a great team is earned, one win shows you're a good team, being a good team for 12-13 wins in a row, that's greatness. That's how you earn it.

I am a firm believer that negative energy breeds more things to be negative about. This is why there are things like snowball effect games. Once you get down once you get negative, once you start blaming teammates the wheels fall off and soon you're left in shambles. I've seen it over and over and over again. Stay positive, stay motivated and to quote Monty Python, "Always look on the bright side of life," and good things will happen.

HB is a very small percentage of husker fans and most likely the more radical portion of the fanbase.

I think we're pretty middle-of-the-road as Husker Fans. My experience has been that the vast majority of these "world is ending" threads are started by folks who rarely post here, but use this as a place to vent. It has been my experience that the folks who most often post here are reasonable. For the most part.

You're most likely right seeing as you've been around here awhile. I didn't mean everyone on here is off the wall, crazy fanatics. It came out that way I know.

While I totally get what your saying, your rationale makes no sense to me. Are there many teams that would like our stats over the past 3 years? Sure, but I don't really care that Minnesota or Indiana are envious of us. I believe that the Huskers are one of the premier programs in the country or at least should be. In comparing to the elite programs, are they envious of us? Is Michigan? Is Bama? Is OU? Those are the programs that Nebraska should be worried about, not the cellar dwellers that have never done much.

Have we put a lot of players in the NFL? Sure, but I've never cheered for players to go pro. I don't sit in the stands while we lose a game and think, man that number pp is gonna be awesome when he goes pro.