BIG 10 factoid (NU schedule)

Interesting fact, I just read that no team in history of the Big Ten has ever beaten OSU, MSU, PSU and MU in the same year. NU had a chance to do it but did not. I think as new fans to the Big Ten we did not realize how brutal a schedule we were given this year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/39429/tough-to-tell-where-nebraska-is-headed

• Fire 1

Interesting fact, I just read that no team in history of the Big Ten has ever beaten OSU, MSU, PSU and MU in the same year. NU had a chance to do it but did not. I think as new fans to the Big Ten we did not realize how brutal a schedule we were given this year.

http://espn.go.com/b...raska-is-headed

It's not totally surprising, if you think about it. OSU can't beat OSU, MU can't beat MU, etc. So the only team(s) that had realistic chances since 1993 are Wisconsin and Purdue (when they were good).

• Fire 1

Last year NU had the chance to beat Texas, TAMU, and OK in the same year and they didn't do that either.

I don't mind losses. I do mind getting whipped. And NU has gotten whipped twice and lost, essentially, to the Legends version of IA ST.

True, but it could have been worse. Oklahoma State lost to the authentic sucky Big 12 Iowa State. And they were undefeated ranked #2. Not a two-loss 16th ranked team like we were.

Last year NU had the chance to beat Texas, TAMU, and OK in the same year and they didn't do that either.

I don't mind losses. I do mind getting whipped. And NU has gotten whipped twice and lost, essentially, to the Legends version of IA ST.

True, but it could have been worse. Oklahoma State lost to the authentic sucky Big 12 Iowa State. And they were undefeated ranked #2. Not a two-loss 16th ranked team like we were.

I wouldnt say NW is on the level of ISU. NW is more like KU. Minnesota is the ISU of the Legends division. Personally I expected 3-4 losses this year. I figured we would split Wisconsin and OSU and probably split MU and PSU, with a hiccup along the road to get us to 3 losses. Still thought we would make the BTC though. The unexpected loss to NW really hurts more than any of the others.

Playing agianst all new teams is not an easy task. Plus having the brutal schedule we have this could have been seen coming and should have. Those that are on the cliff need to take everything into consideration when looking at this year. New offensive staff, new conference, brutal schedule. Even some of the greatest teams in NU history would have struggled with this year and we all know the 2011 version is not one of those.

Meh, yes the big ten gave us the toughest schedule they could (the only way it could have been tougher is if they all would have been on the road), but it wasn't a murderers row. Its not like we had to play A&M, Okie St., OU, and Texas.

We just weren't that good this year.

I guess that is a possible takeaway just not one I would make. Those 4 tougher than tOSU, MSU, PSU, & UM? I don't see it. Maybe if you also throw in the Big 12 version of "and don't let the door hit you in the arse" officiating.

When I looked at this schedule I thought two probable/possible losses. Wisc. and MU. The loss to NW really came out of left field and especially in our House. I also thought we would play better this year. It seems that Watson fell on his sword and the jobs of some offensive coaches that should have went with him were kept on staff.

T_O_B

G>B>R

Meh, yes the big ten gave us the toughest schedule they could (the only way it could have been tougher is if they all would have been on the road), but it wasn't a murderers row. Its not like we had to play A&M, Okie St., OU, and Texas.

I guess that is a possible takeaway just not one I would make. Those 4 tougher than tOSU, MSU, PSU, & UM? I don't see it. Maybe if you also throw in the Big 12 version of "and don't let the door hit you in the arse" officiating.

Last year's TAMU, TX, OK, and OSU were a collectively much better than OSU, MU, MSU, and PSU this year.

Or, in other words, how would you like to have seen this 2011 Defense against those 2010 offenses? Or 2011 offenses for that matter.

When I looked at this schedule I thought two probable/possible losses. Wisc. and MU. The loss to NW really came out of left field and especially in our House. I also thought we would play better this year. It seems that Watson fell on his sword and the jobs of some offensive coaches that should have went with him were kept on staff.

T_O_B

G>B>R

I think back when we first saw our schedule the tOSU scandal had not yet broken, and Rich Rod was still the coach of Meechicken. (Do I have my timing wrong?) Back then I thought tOSU and Wisc would be the teams that would give us fits. I didn't think either Michigan team would vying for the top of the conference. Brady Hoke has brought the Vulvarines back a LOT quicker than anyone anticipated.

maybe true- or we had history with the big12 teams and thus it was easier to prepare for them. We had to reinvent the wheel in terms of preparation for our new big10 schedule. It was like playing a bowl game every week, but with only one week to prepare