Woah, this is BIG news. This is actually going down, huh?

The smart bomb fuse has been lit.

Smart bombs don't exactly work that way, do they? That would be kinda dumb.

Was pokin fun at the smart bomb thread. So excuuuuse me.

No, I am too, not going after you. I mean that would be how a dumb bomb works. Not even a dumb bomb. Just a bomb.

What is going on with the smart bomb thread anyway? What is it even trying to say? What's the smart bomb?

I don't even know who I am anymore. Where are we? Is Bo gonna be Carl's DC?

I wonder where he's gonna go with his hire. Stoops is in the "good ol' boy network" for Pelini, it's not out of the question. Giving Papuchis the title seems rushed to me. I'd rather him go scour the NFL for someone and leave Papuchis as the RC and a co-DC possibly.

It just seems like they'd be giving Coach P a little too much to handle if he got promoted.

• Fire 1

Good luck Carl. Not bad for someone coaching high school football before riding on the shirt-tails of your brother. FWIW...you can't ask for your brother's help on the sideline anymore. Find an assistant who knows what they're doing, and you'll be ok.

Once this hits espn it is going to give other schools a leg up on recruiting away our stud prospects. Hope bo makes a rapid smart hire. Someone with some clout in recruiting and coaching.

I don't see this hurting our recruiting

I could see it hurting recruiting if Carl had been fired, but he's just taking a job at a different school. Recruiting will be fine.

Good luck Carl. Not bad for someone coaching high school football before riding on the shirt-tails of your brother. FWIW...you can't ask for your brother's help on the sideline anymore. Find an assistant who knows what they're doing, and you'll be ok.

Sounds like you don't have much love for Carl.

Just a guess but tOSU has given Meyer basically a blank check to hire his staff and T.O. does NOT give OK to pay big for assistant coaches. Nebraska can not be in a bidding war for a DC with tOSU cuz we will lose. I don't care if he was a childhood friend.

The new DC will be someone they can pay $250,000 or less, and since Bo handles Defense a lot anyway it'll probably be someone with experience at a lower level school.

Oh no, the bold is not true at all. We have money and T.O opened up the checkbook for Bo. Money was not an issue with our hiring process.

Carl made $375,000 last year. I bet tOSU will pay much more than that for Stoops. My point was that people were saying Stoops would want to work for Pelini rather than Meyer and I think he'll get paid more working for Meyer and that would be a major determining factor.

Sounds like you don't have much love for Carl.

I'm very excited for him to take Coach Cotton and have a successful career at FAU be a great coach in the state of Florida.

Carl made $375,000 last year. I bet tOSU will pay much more than that for Stoops. My point was that people were saying Stoops would want to work for Pelini rather than Meyer and I think he'll get paid more working for Meyer and that would be a major determining factor.

Wanting to work for Meyer, maybe. I just don't think it would be correct to say that TO wouldn't give the OK for shelling out big. In fact, just the opposite.