what are the chances of stoops actually coming here? i guess i just dont see him coming here, i think he will be skeptic due to the fact that bo is a defensive guru and probably wont give him alot of freedom when it comes to creating his own schemes and installing his kind of defense. i am a big big bo supporter but i think he might be one of those guys that could be kinda hard to work for, especially on the defensive side of the ball, cuz if he doesnt like what your doing he will take over the play calling, and i just dont ever see him doing that on offense.

I am all for the potential Mike Stoops hire, but here is a name I havent seen thrown out there.....Mike Ekler....

Mike was encouraged to leave here and by encouraged I mean told he would have a job as season's end.

Seemed popular to me... What would Mike have done that would have left to him being forced out the door? And how do you know?

I'll be nice and say philosophical differences.

"Beating around the bush", and using broad phrases that could mean a lot of things does NOT make you credible.... Not saying you're not credible, but your recent comments give me doubts....

Thats fine by me. I'm pretty sure I have no clue what I'm talking about. I've privately talked about it with people here in some detail. Somethings that aren't public knowledge don't need to be put out in the public. I've give a general paraphrasing of what happened in the past in the forum. Do a search. Its not my job to educate you repeatedly.

what are the chances of stoops actually coming here? i guess i just dont see him coming here, i think he will be skeptic due to the fact that bo is a defensive guru and probably wont give him alot of freedom when it comes to creating his own schemes and installing his kind of defense. i am a big big bo supporter but i think he might be one of those guys that could be kinda hard to work for, especially on the defensive side of the ball, cuz if he doesnt like what your doing he will take over the play calling, and i just dont ever see him doing that on offense.

I think he'd get a lot of freedom, it means Bo could actually focus on Head Coaching rather than in the defenses ass all the time, then it could even help him start focusing on the offense side (the side that needs the help)

I am all for the potential Mike Stoops hire, but here is a name I havent seen thrown out there.....Mike Ekler....

Mike was encouraged to leave here and by encouraged I mean told he would have a job as season's end.

Seemed popular to me... What would Mike have done that would have left to him being forced out the door? And how do you know?

da skers knows.

Is da skers part of the staff?

No. Just a guy who knows a lot of people in the program and people who have deep pockets.

I'll be nice and say philosophical differences.

"Beating around the bush", and using broad phrases that could mean a lot of things does NOT make you credible.... Not saying you're not credible, but your recent comments give me doubts....

Thats fine by me. I'm pretty sure I have no clue what I'm talking about. I've privately talked about it with people here in some detail. Somethings that aren't public knowledge don't need to be put out in the public. I've give a general paraphrasing of what happened in the past in the forum. Do a search. Its not my job to educate you repeatedly.

I don't remember asking you to "repeatedly" educate me. I asked you a question, and you gave me a BROAD answer. I hope that answer wasn't your definition of paraphrasing, but no harm done.

So we can all rest easy now, our DC is not going anywhere :sarcasm . Carl Pelini has denied that he was offered a job.

Back to work nothing to see here. Mods feel free to close all the Carl Pelini job related treads.

Link: http://www.omaha.com...WS/312019740/-1

While he didn't say that Carl accepted the job, TO did comment on how he recommended him for the job. No doubt in my mind that TO wants Carl gone, so he is working to find him a job elsewhere.

Are you a Politician? I don't see how you get TO wanting Carl gone out of TO putting in a good word for him to get a HC job. To me it looks more like a opportunity for a DC to take the jump to become a HC & he got a referal from a coaching legend.

Agreed. Huskershark... how do you know what Tom wants or does not want? Are you a mind reader?

I recommend people all the time that I would love to retain. Constantly actually. Those who get the best letters of recommendation from me are those that perform the best. I recognize that a great letter increases the likelihood that a great employee will leave... but that is simply what you do... you give an honest assessment when asked. Is it not possible that Tom Osborne might give a great recommendation for Carl because he thinks Carl is, in fact, great? I cannot know what Tom is thinking... but, then again, neither do you.

It might just be a good rec for a good candidate.

Have you been living in a nutshell and not heard about how Carl was sleeping with a booster's wife last year? TO wanted Bo to fire Carl, and Bo told him that if Carl goes, he goes too. Hence, Carl is still here, and TO is taking another route to send him away. No, I am not a mind reader. I'm just saying my interpretation of the situation. Sorry if I didn't spell it out for you.

All the things you just stated are alleged events. I have no concrete proof... nor do you... that any of these events took place... Further, even if there was concrete evidence that these events played out (which there is not) there would be no means by which to adequately discern any individuals responses to said events.

No. Just a guy who knows a lot of people in the program and people who have deep pockets.

Do any of their names rhyme with Shmorren Shmuffett? Can any of them give me a loan?

This has already been discussed in this thread. Buffet does not donate much to Athletics. He has much bigger fish to fry like, curing the world from Parasitic diseases and AIDS.