I wish Carl Pelini well at FAU, but still kind of wondering why he's leaving.......I can understand about improving and advancing as a coach, but I thought the Pelini's place a high premium on loyalty as well

Bo has been on record in the past as saying he'll do everything in his power to help his assistants grow their careers. I don't see any loyalty issue with Carl taking a HC position. How would you justify preventing him from trying for that gig?

I wish Carl Pelini well at FAU, but still kind of wondering why he's leaving.......I can understand about improving and advancing as a coach, but I thought the Pelini's place a high premium on loyalty as well :dunno

This would mean that no one on staff should pursue advancement opportunities if they become available. Granted some coaches, ie. Ron Brown, are content with staying in one position and one place all their lives for whatever reason. But you can't fault a guy for wanting to climb the ladder if he has aspirations of improving his status in life either.

Loyalty is circumstantial. Carl was loyal to Bo when he needed to be.

If there is some type of announcement today there is nothing on the huskers websight. I am wondering if this isnt just fiddlefaddle.

Carl just finished his FAU press conference. It's already a done deal. If you're on Twitter, there are tons of congratulatory messages posted from @Huskers and various fans, media, etc.

The FAU fans aren't sure they want Carl.

http://fauowlsnest.c...p?topic=12331.0

I also heard there is a press conference on Monday where they will announce the new Florida Atlantic coach.

Sorry if this has been posted, but it appears that FAU fans are really unhappy about hiring Carl. The thread is ripe with Bo and Carl's "highlights" from the TAMU game last year.

Personally, I hope Carl has some success down there, but they make some good points.

There were a lot of KU fans unhappy about hiring Gill. Just goes to show you what fans know!