Which bowl game will we go to?

In response to atbone

Yes, I surely do feel like I have a legitimate beef here. Yes, Nebraska won the head to head matchup but you also failed to beat three teams that we in fact did not to mention the fact we have the outright best record in the Big Ten. I'm not trying to stir things up here guys just venting about an obviously flawed system that gets us all from time to time. Let's not forget last year when we finished 11-1 and once again were left as the bottom man on the totem pole for one reason $$$$.

In response to Luke

Completely agree with you Luke, the CCG loser should always be guaranteed the best non-BCS bowl available. As far as these games go as I mentioned earlier it all comes down to dollar signs and the fact that MIchigan, Nebraska, Ohio State all will bring in more ultimately leaves MSU crippled to begin with, so unless MSU is sizably better than any of these teams they will be passed over time and time again given the system that we have in place right now. Sorry guys just a grumpy MSU venting about years past where we've been given the shaft time and time again, hopefully we just take care of business Saturday.

Not to sound sore about things here guys but Michigan State has the best regular season record out of any Big Ten team, and yet there are talks of MSU dropping to the Outback or even possibly the insight or gator with a loss to Wisconsin. Obviously, I hope we just take care of business again against Wisconsin but for a team that goes 7-1 in the conference to be rewarded for a great season with a trip to the insight bowl simply does not seem right to me, and I would make this argument for any team in the BIG that has a similar season.

I mean, can you really argue going to a lower bowl than Nebraska? Yes, you have one conference loss... Nebraska.

So, would it be cool if Northwestern got picked ahead of us?

Not to sound sore about things here guys but Michigan State has the best regular season record out of any Big Ten team, and yet there are talks of MSU dropping to the Outback or even possibly the insight or gator with a loss to Wisconsin. Obviously, I hope we just take care of business again against Wisconsin but for a team that goes 7-1 in the conference to be rewarded for a great season with a trip to the insight bowl simply does not seem right to me, and I would make this argument for any team in the BIG that has a similar season.

Our reward in 09' and 10' for 2 game regular season losses + close CCG losses was the 4th (Fiesta, Cotton, Alamo ahead), and then 5th (Fiesta, Cotton, Alamo, Insight ahead) pick Holiday Bowl...

Whether it's fair or not I think the Capital One bowl has to look at what happened to MSU last year, and maybe their fans don't really want to go to the same bowl two years in a row too.

I'd prefer to not go to a bowl and just have the season over. I fear for the B1G. This conference is just so weak ... from my perspective ... and we really didn't dominate in any way. It would not surprise me if the B1G won only one bowl game this year. If we go up against the same seeded team from the Big 12 or the SEC ... I see us getting dominated if not embarrassed. My prediction for the season was four losses so you can see my prediction for the bowl game pretty clearly.

By the way, this isn't a "Debbie Downer" comment ... it's been my view all year. I think we had a good season, some growing strides were made.

Oregon vs. Wisconsin

Michigan vs. Houston

Nebraska vs. South Carolina

Ohio State vs. Florida

Iowa vs. Missouri

Penn State vs. Baylor

Northwestern vs. Ohio

Purdue vs. Iowa State

Illinois vs. Louisiana-Lafayette

Really...in that scenario you only see 1 win? I see 1 game where the B10 team is the heavy underdog, just because Penn has no hope if their defense doesn't hold for 4 quarters. I like NW and tOSU for sure in these matchups as heavy favorites (sorry Frank), and the rest look surprisingly even and interesting.

Our reward in 09' and 10' for 2 game regular season losses + close CCG losses was the 4th (Fiesta, Cotton, Alamo ahead), and then 5th (Fiesta, Cotton, Alamo, Insight ahead) pick Holiday Bowl...

Whether it's fair or not I think the Capital One bowl has to look at what happened to MSU last year, and maybe their fans don't really want to go to the same bowl two years in a row too.

That's another excellent point that I didn't make. The same team to the same bowl 2 years in a row doesn't happen unless the bowl has zero choice (case in point: last year's Holiday Bowl...had to be NU's worst traveled to bowl game in 3 decades). I see next to no chance of Sparty going to the Capital One Bowl. It'll either be Nebraska, Michigan, or Wisconsin taking that slot. I think MSU is practically a lock for either the Rose or Outback Bowl.

I completely agree with the point that bowl games don't like to take the same team two years in a row. I guess where I am getting really irritated is the fact that if MSU falls below the Ouback which I have seen several sites project then to say it would greatly bother me would be an understatement.

I don't think they will. The only real way that happens is if Michigan doesn't get a BCS bid, takes the Capital One Bowl and Nebraska takes the Outback bid. Based on everything I've read, the only way that happens is if Georgia takes out LSU, sending them to the Sugar Bowl and both LSU and Alabama go to the BCS title game effectively giving the SEC three BCS teams. Assuming that doesn't happen, MSU's only competition for the Outback Bowl would be Penn State, and after their problems, I don't see a bowl as high as the Outback wanting to so much as....er....touch them.

I completely agree with the point that bowl games don't like to take the same team two years in a row. I guess where I am getting really irritated is the fact that if MSU falls below the Ouback which I have seen several sites project then to say it would greatly bother me would be an understatement.

Welcome to the world of conference championship games. They're awesome, until your team loses and drops to your conference's 5th bowl game (see 2010 Nebraska).

I'm not all that convinced that ANY B1G team deserves a BCS level Bowl..This year it's almost like Midgets arguing over who is the tallest when you need to be at least 4 foot tall to get on the ride.

The best thing most teams from this conference have going for them is that their fans will probably travel well to escape the snow.

• Fire 2

I mean, can you really argue going to a lower bowl than Nebraska? Yes, you have one conference loss... Nebraska.

So, would it be cool if Northwestern got picked ahead of us?

Not possible.

The Citrus Bowl and the Outback Bowl are generally reserved for the top two teams in the SEC East (not going to the BCS), and the Cotton Bowl is generally reserved for the top non-BCS team in the west.

There are four at-large BCS bids available; one will go to Alabama (assuming LSU beats Georgia), one will go to one loss Stanford, one will go to undefeated Houston, and the last is still way up in the air. The candidates are:

1) Two loss Oklahoma State, if they lose to the Sooners.

2) Two loss Virginia Tech, should they lose to Clemson.

3) Two loss Michigan.

4) One loss Boise State.

If Michigan is not selected for the last at-large slot, then the Wolverines will probably go to the Citrus and the Huskers to the Outback.

If Michigan is selected for the last at-large slot, then the Hurkers will probably go to the Citrus and the Spartans to the Outback.

Our opponents will likely be Georgia in the Citrus, and South Carolina in the Outback... with Arkansas playing in the Cotton.

Should Georgia upset LSU, then Georgia and LSU go to the BCS, Alabama plays in the Cotton, and Arkansas plays in the Citrus.

I'd prefer to not go to a bowl and just have the season over. I fear for the B1G. This conference is just so weak ... from my perspective ... and we really didn't dominate in any way. It would not surprise me if the B1G won only one bowl game this year. If we go up against the same seeded team from the Big 12 or the SEC ... I see us getting dominated if not embarrassed. My prediction for the season was four losses so you can see my prediction for the bowl game pretty clearly.

By the way, this isn't a "Debbie Downer" comment ... it's been my view all year. I think we had a good season, some growing strides were made.

tumblr_lgbj6dMOzl1qf8yek.gif

Loved this

I do not want Nebraska to have any part of Shaw and South Carolina....that QB is quick, elusive and can throw well on the run....screw that! Give NEB Arkansas! lol

That was my only point. Not sure that's the best matchup for the Huskers. I think UGA is a better fit, with Murray being a pocket passer.

http://espn.go.com/v...id=espn:7254607

http://vod.espn.go.c...012251_800k.mp4