Which bowl game will we go to?

definitely arkansas, how can ya think anything else?!?! You don't become the best by beating not the best!

i actually think we match up very well with any of these 3 teams with the toughest to beat being Georgia, however i will say i have not watched much of Georgia but people seem to think they are good and i think we win by 2 scores against either arky or SC but thats jmo.

so please give me cap one against arky as they will be the highest ranked team!

AFhusker i dont think your friend knows what he is talking about old man, its almost 100% that arky will get the cap one slot if Georgia loses to LSU which is a 90% chance.

I want to see Nu paired up vs a big 12 school....funny to see Texas beat Nu again... was hoping to see a KSU nu bowl, watch Klein beat the huskers, but we are just too good this year to drop down to a Husker - level bowl.

Watch Klein beat the Huskers like he did last year? I'd want to watch that too. Rofl.

I shouldn't feed trolls but dammit it is too much fun sometimes

Arkansas does not scare me one bit, Wilson is not mobile and they have no running game to speak of. Dennard island would gladily welcome Jarius Wright.

South Carolina is intriguing, as long as they were completely healthy. Not having Lattimore in the lineup changes the entire lanscape of play the Gamecocks.

Georgia has alot of team speed, especially on the back end of their defense. Isiah Crowell is on hell of a runningback, and Aaron Murray is a legit QB.

The Arizona/Washington results just show that playing a lesser bowl opponent doesn't guarantee a win and good feelings carrying into the next season.

Play in the best bowl game you can, come prepared to play, and if you get beat by a better team, learn more about your weaknesses and what you need to do to improve. Beating a top 10 SEC team would be a huge confidence boost for next year. Beating a team not in the top 25, not so much, and losing to one would be crushing.

+1

Arkansas does not scare me one bit, Wilson is not mobile and they have no running game to speak of. Dennard island would gladily welcome Jarius Wright.

South Carolina is intriguing, as long as they were completely healthy. Not having Lattimore in the lineup changes the entire lanscape of play the Gamecocks.

Georgia has alot of team speed, especially on the back end of their defense. Isiah Crowell is on hell of a runningback, and Aaron Murray is a legit QB.

Agreed.

Losing Kniles Davis really changed the offense on this team. Davis gave the a lo better chance of being a balanced offense. They have tried to run it but are only at a 130 a game. On top of that their OLine(part of the run game porblems) SUCKS. They have let Wilson to be hit 60+ times the most in the SEC.

Defensively they are giving up 175 on the ground, and that is close to NU's magical "200 yard mark equals a win stat" They give up just shy of 5 yards a pop. And they have given up about 200 yards through the air and about 55% completion.

This is the best match-up for NU hands down.

I'd want nothing to do with Georgia has a ton of defensive speed. An offense that is balanced with Murrat and Crowell, and has put up better numbers than LSU. Georgia is giving up only 260 yards a game. And currently are pretty much doing what ever they want to Tech. On top of that it isn't far from Athens to Florida. There would be a ton of Bulldogs at a bowl game.

Wasn't one of the thing s that was so great about the B1G that their bowl affiliates HAD to pick their invites based on final conference standings? All of this speculation should be a non issue.

I read that they have a 2 game leeway Can't take a 7 win team over a 9 win team

I believe that the only bowls that have any kind of requirements are the Cap One and Outback and they have a 1 game leeway in the standings. After that the only requirement is that a 6 win team can't be taken before a 7 win team unless there are still enough bowl slots to guarantee the 7 win team a slot. Now given that - most of the bowls will usually stay pretty close to the standings order.

Save last year, Bo has shown a great ability to game plan for bowls. Especially with approx 2-3 weeks to prepare (see MSU this year). An immobile QB would be nice. It would be great to go into the thick of recruit signing with a solid win and a 10-3 season. Also the extra practice time is nice and will allow some of the kids to get to as close to 100% as they can.