Proposed Changes for Next Year . . .

All I know is that BoBo better get some of his young talent on the field asap or we are gonna lose some of them this off season. There are a few that are already grumbling....doesnt bode well with low numbers coming in next year. I know its early and things can change, but I for one am very worried about losing some of our frosh's. Hope Im wrong, weve got some awesome pieces coming back, but something aint sitting right!

You guys are putting a LOT of stock into "back up" guys who not even YOU have seen....what makes you sooo sure they are better. Unless you are attending practices daily, not sure that anyone can assume that these guys are are better.... the old adage applies... "the back up qb is always the fans favorite player on the team"....

It was very obvioius that the 3 freshmen weren't ready to run between the tackles and you can't just live on toss sweeps and reverses....if they enter the game, any DC worth his salt would understand that they aren't coming up the middle, so let's bring "outside" pressure......football 101........... this was painfully apparent the last 3 series in Iowa game......3 - 3 and outs with freshmen running mostly between tackles...... and yes, Nebraska was hoping to get first downs and would have with Rex.

Taylor is NOT just safe.... head to another thread and check out his numbers compared to Denard Robinson..... pretty much equal....but I guess he is just "safe" and vanilla too.

Maybe it is the coach in me talking here, but it AMAZES me that sooo many fans are smarter than the guys who coach these kids on a regular basis (daily) and we are basing opinions on the Red-White game and a few "flashes" against non-Big 10 teams.

100% agree it's amazing.

Forget numbers and/or results, forget our own coaches......NU fans know so much more than Bo or Beck will ever possibly understand. If you don't believe it, just ask them. Our backups are the best players and one spring game scrimmage proves it.

The triplets running between tackles this year was like watching a public beheading. Since our first Big10 game Tmart has thrown only two interceptions (one a tipped ball & the other a hail Mary with 2 seconds left on the clock) but of course, he s*cks.

It never ends.

my reply to HANC: How do you know that the backups can't play, AND if you are right that they can't play, then Bo should not be our head coach. My problem with BP is that he gets pisssed at a kid and benches him and said kid is never heard from again. BP is more about soothing his own ego in my opinion. Carnes has never been given a chance so how does anybody know what he might do in a game situation in front of 85,000 fans(the answer is nobody). On a real serious note, Bo's decisions are going to really hinder recruiting, if they aren't already. We actually might need Rex to carry 40 a game next year cause 2 of our star RB's might be gone. Hope not, but it is a possiblity. Why burn their redshirts and then bench them, doesn't make any sense to me at all.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with debating a decision a coach makes, or critiquing their performance.

That said, I do have a problem with people claiming Pelini gets upset with players and benches them, or that he has some superiority complex over anything when there's very little proof to suggest one way or the other. Maybe, just maybe, he's benching somebody because he feels somebody is performing better.

And I've said this time and again - Pelini puts a lot into practice and believes it correlates to Saturdays. Does that mean everybody meets this mark? No. As someone mentioned earlier, Allen Iverson is the perfect example of someone who didn't care about practice but would perform well in games. But Iverson is not a benchmark nor is he a majority, imho. If a player isn't seeing the field, it's more or less their responsibility to pick it up in practice and perform well. I still wish we'd see more back ups play at certain times, but that's not proven to be Pelini's MO. He's still growing as a coach, and I think many of you would do well to read Shatel's article about this, in order to gain some more perspective.

Interesting question, clyde_40. The main goal first and foremost is win the B1G, and then hope we've done well enough to get into the bull---- game that is the MNC.

I think if you had told people in August we'd be 9-3 at this point, most would say that's about right. The problem is that we got blown out by one good team and one team as good as we are. That's why some people have a rotten taste in their mouth. If those games had been closer and more closely competitive, more people would have much less of a problem with it.

Personally, as long as we are moving forward, and not taking big regressive steps back, the season is successful. I don't think we took big steps back this year. We unfortunately hit a year with downgraded talent and a lot of new coaches. But I still saw a lot of positives.

Enhance89: Well I share a lot of the same opinions with you. I'm frustrated about a few things myself especially the 2nd half of the Mich. game. We do need to work on things, but there's no reason to take drastic measures on anything. This is Bo's first head coaching gig and he's learning and I see things getting better each year. To me we are a better team than last year some would disagree but we played a lot better competition this year.

Also we are getting some good talent recruited. Our team has a lot of young talent this year I wish we would rotate them in more but I've seen a lot of young freshman come into college football games and fumble, blow a coverage, etc.

Enhance89: Well I share a lot of the same opinions with you. I'm frustrated about a few things myself especially the 2nd half of the Mich. game. We do need to work on things, but there's no reason to take drastic measures on anything. This is Bo's first head coaching gig and he's learning and I see things getting better each year. To me we are a better team than last year some would disagree but we played a lot better competition this year.

Also we are getting some good talent recruited. Our team has a lot of young talent this year I wish we would rotate them in more but I've seen a lot of young freshman come into college football games and fumble, blow a coverage, etc.

These are my thoughts and wishes, as well.