Rumblings of Player Transfer

Landlord

I have nothing but good things to say about Brion Carnes. Selfishly, I want him to stay and remain a Husker. But he could transfer and start elsewhere - and you can't blame him. The kid has legit skills. If he could move on and move up, I don't blame him.

But I love the guy. Would kill to have him stay in Lincoln.

Like Cody Green, I'll remain a fan after he moves on, if it happens.

But Brion. Seriously. Stay. If you're not going somewhere guaranteed to start, you'll be making a mistake. There is no place like Nebraska.

Jezz,Knap when you say something like that coming from you, I have to take you know something is brewing.

I know this is cut throat. But hey Nebraska only has 13 schollies open. Wouldn't it be nice to have ten transfer? Sorry Cant have nice program and program that contends for national titles. I will take being in the national title hunt year in year out over " He was a nice kid and did all the right things." Cut throat I know,but facts is all.

Well we could always go SEC style start oversigning...obviously seems to be a championship strategy (sarcasm, will burn my Husker stuff if it happens here).

big ten does not allow oversigning you are good and will not have to burn anything.

I wouldn't mind losing one of the rb's....you cant please all 3 and one would end up riding the bench anyways, honestly out of all 3, heard would be the one I'd be most ok with, I think eventually abdullah and green will be a nasty duo

Still a small chance Abdullah switches to defense. Should know more on that over the winter. Will be his choice. I'd but it at 60/40 him staying RB.

Heard still has and always will have issues with his staff infection. Its a rare form that never goes away and will flair up when ever he gets a virus of any type. Thats limited his progress some this past fall. Should be able to stay on top of it if he takes care of himself and medicates at the first sign of a flare up.

I wouldn't mind losing one of the rb's....you cant please all 3 and one would end up riding the bench anyways, honestly out of all 3, heard would be the one I'd be most ok with, I think eventually abdullah and green will be a nasty duo

Still a small chance Abdullah switches to defense. Should know more on that over the winter. Will be his choice. I'd but it at 60/40 him staying RB.

Heard still has and always will have issues with his staff infection. Its a rare form that never goes away and will flair up when ever he gets a virus of any type. Thats limited his progress some this past fall. Should be able to stay on top of it if he takes care of himself and medicates at the first sign of a flare up.

That's too bad. Staph infections are serious business-they can kill you. I hope that he stays here. We have good medical facilities and people on the team care about him. :(

• Fire 1

I have nothing but good things to say about Brion Carnes. Selfishly, I want him to stay and remain a Husker. But he could transfer and start elsewhere - and you can't blame him. The kid has legit skills. If he could move on and move up, I don't blame him.

But I love the guy. Would kill to have him stay in Lincoln.

Like Cody Green, I'll remain a fan after he moves on, if it happens.

But Brion. Seriously. Stay. If you're not going somewhere guaranteed to start, you'll be making a mistake. There is no place like Nebraska.

Jezz,Knap when you say something like that coming from you, I have to take you know something is brewing.

Absolutely nothing in my post should be taken as evidence that any player is either staying or going. I'm simply stating my preference that Carnes stays a Husker. That remains true whether he's considering transferring or not.

Knowing our luck If Carnes leaves, then Martinez will go down with a serious injury and we will be screwed.

Maybe that's when the coach puts Jamal back in at qb!?

JT was told last spring that if he made the switch to WR he would still get QB reps in fall camp and be in the QB comp this coming spring if he wanted to still be a QB. So far everything that was promised has still happened. I know early in fall camp if Taylor (or BC) was injured the game plan was to move JT to qb where they figured he'd be at worst BC's back up if not splitting the reps.

Knowing our luck If Carnes leaves, then Martinez will go down with a serious injury and we will be screwed.

Maybe that's when the coach puts Jamal back in at qb!?

JT was told last spring that if he made the switch to WR he would still get QB reps in fall camp and be in the QB comp this coming spring if he wanted to still be a QB. So far everything that was promised has still happened. I know early in fall camp if Taylor (or BC) was injured the game plan was to move JT to qb where they figured he'd be at worst BC's back up if not splitting the reps.

That's very good news! :)

I teach and coach as well and while I agree with you that it comes from parents I also hold the kids accountable too. Why? Because if you're like me, you try to teach these kids what their parents haven't

God, that's uncomfortable to read as a dad. I will do my best not to have my kid need that conversation from you. Personal pledge.

I think just the fact that you as a dad are worried about something like that will probably preclude it from happening, You'll be involved in your childs day to day decision making, trying to help them make the right choices. Much like many, many others. I think when we start talking about "kids these days", everyone tends to speak about the ones with the issues. Seems like the kids who do have the parental support and are making good choices just usually don't get mentioned. And I think those kids are still the majority (although mabe a smaller majority now then before). There are still a whole lot of really good kids out there whose parents are doing everything they can to help them along the path, we really just don't hear about them all that much. I would be interested, HANC, Eagle, and TacherCD, do you guys teach in Nebraska? And if so, do you agree that while there are plenty of kids out there with issues and problems, you still do have more that are doing things the correct way.

As to Carnes (and knowing nothing about him personally), if you are a quality D1 athlete you want to be on the field or court. He's not here just because he grew up loving Husker football like so many of our local kids who walkon, many who are somewhat content to be on the team. He's here to play, and it probably appears to him that the opportunity to actually play is getting less every day. From the sidelines it certainly appears that way. He's been here for two years (I know RS'ed one) so I think the instant gratification theory is not as valid. If he feels he'll get a better oportunity elsewhere, I wouldn't blame him for moving on, but I sure would like to see what he do running our offense.

Yep I'm in Nebraska and to be quite honest with you it is frightening. You are correct, there are still plenty of "good kids" as we call them but way more of the other now than years ago. And to clarify, they'll all good kids but some need more guidance. When I started 20 years ago or so I'd have the occasional 2,3, maybe 4 kids with issues. Now, all jokes aside, close to half of our athletes need lots of guidance, and I mean lots. It's scary. Some of these kids raise themselves so when they face adversity, their first reaction is to quit. We have kids try to quit that tell us the reason they want to quit is because so many things going on at home and outside school. And we're not in the metro area either. Most of it has to do with the fact there are so many things these days for kids to do to get in trouble that weren't around years ago, and for some reason some parents don't see it so they let their kids live like we used to back in the day. Unfortunately there's more trouble out there these days. Thankfully the kids will come to the coaches for help since many of them are too afraid to go to parents. Problem is, sometimes by the time they come to us, it's a real mess. Single parent homes make it even worse, especially the ones where Dad is absent.