First Year since realignment

Excel

With the close of NU Big Ten play...  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok NU fans, you've now completed your first year in your new conference and what do you think?

How are the other fans and venues? Do you like your new home or not? What do you think about your prospects on the future?

I was thinking about this earlier today and it kind of occurred to me that of all the teams that switched conferences in that 2010 bout of realignment Nebraska has probably made the best transition.

Boise lost their first home game in forever in the MWC.

CU only won 1 game against a true Pac 10 opponent and Utah didn't fair that well either....

The Huskers on the other hand won the majority of their Conference games and had a real chance at their CCG....just throwing that out there.

• Fire 1

I think it's a good fit. The style of play as predicted seemed much more physical, and it really seemed like the season was more of a grind than any Big XII season I can remember. But it's the type of football that I like. And yes the refs were on par with the Big XII as far as suckyness.

Can't speak for other venues but the fans that came to Lincoln seemed alright . Had a beer with some MSU people and they seem really nice. And the Iowa fans kept their mouths shut for the most part, even my friends who were from Iowa did, so that was great. Other than those two can't really say, I didn't really interact much with OSU or Northwestern fans much. The one thing I have noticed cultural wise is that everyone seems to have the same laid back Midwestern attitude. Which is kind of nice considering we had to deal with the "I'm a big deal" texas crowd for the better part of a decade. Kind of refreshing to meet people so similar, but we'll see if that lasts.

*Side note*

I think the Michigan/Nebraska game is really going to become something special in the years to come(disregarding this year). It seems like it's teetering on the edge of NU/OU territory, just has that feel to me.

Still feels a little foreign, still sinking in that there's never going to be another road trip to Ames, Lawrence, or Manhattan, which were all one day'ers from Lincoln. Hopefully next year in Iowa City there will be something memorably rude or obnoxious to make up for what I missed out on this year.