Could Rex become the Husker's Tebow ?

Comish

1. Tim Tebow has never said you were going to hell and suffer if you don't believe what he does.

2. Tebow blew through his $2.5 million signing bonus on various worldwide charity organizations focusing on famine, education and home-building in 24 hours last year.

If you don't like Christianity that's fine you don't have to, but to say he isn't a GREAT kid that helps people and doesn't just talk about it but goes out and walks his talks --your a fool.

1.) That's inherently woven into his belief system, as his missionary work attests to. Proselytizing to "save" by influencing and persuading with an attached message of "or else."

2.) That's great. It would be even better if that selfless giving wasn't coupled with an omnipresent pursuit of manipulating the mindset of other human beings. Which brings under scrutiny that idea of "selfless." Was it done simply to help those in need, or to propagate what he himself holds up as his primary objective?

A little advice: If you're going to call someone a fool, you're going to want to make sure you articulate yourself properly. I don't own anything called "a fool." Thanks for your thoughts, though :)

(Any time anyone wants to move this discussion to the proper forum I'll be happy to take it up there. I'd let it go, but I'm not going to let a derogatory comment about my intelligence go unanswered.)

• Fire 1

Just an observation. I hope it didn't sound 'angry or nasty''? I'm really a friendly person. I enjoy talking to people in all walks of life. Life is so very precious and so short. :)

At least we both share a common bond in our love for the Huskers!!! GO BIG RED!!

Not at all! I jumped the gun and was needlessly aggressive in my post. Like I said, that was on me, so I apologize for my presumptuous posturing :)

Don't apologize dude, stick to your guns. Ladyhawke just baited you into coming on too "strong". She's very tricky...you really gotta watch her. eyeswear2allthatsholy

Hey watch it you! ;)

Do any of you feel Tim is making money from his actions. That he is using the media to push his image.

I think the kid is honest and genuine. I am not a religious person, but I have no problems with him stating his beliefs if asked.

I do think the media creates this stuff, to draw controversey, just like they do with Bo. We all know as soon as there is a questionable call, the camera will zoom in on Bo, just waiting for the explosion. I think Tebow is a victim the same way.

None of us really know the kid, but his team mates, friends and coaches all state that what you see is what you get. No put ons, just a very good kid that has serious religous beliefs. He supports his beliefs, just as anyone else does. He has that right, just as any of us have.

To hate on him because he has faith in God is wrong. Be upset with the media for making his faith the center of the story.

I would love to meet the kid, he embodies what the Marine Corps is about, what being a Husker is about.

A great kid, that gives everything he has on every play, every day and truly tries to make the world a better place.

I agree not the best QB, but he has won a few games, and made some very good passes that were dropped last weekend.

And I must admit, I watched the game last week, the first time in many many many years I have wasted my time on the NFL. I saw the college attitude, a college player out there, playing to win every single play, never quitting. How people can not like the kid, is just beyond me.

And I feel that Rex is a lot like him. But he has not had the media attention that was forced on Tebow.

I like Rex Burkhead. He seems like a good role model. But I don't know him personally, nor do I know Tebow personally, and unless you do really get to know them, this entire argument is not only useless, it's also speculative and kind of unfair to the pair of them. Is Tebow an amazing person? Well, he seems to do a lot of great things. Maybe he kills puppies in his spare time. Maybe he looks kinda chubby in a towel. Maybe he didn't fist-bump someone one time.

Either way, these arguments aren't about these boys' characters, they're just goobers on the internet projecting their own preconceptions. I'm getting pretty tired of it. Maybe I should just stop reading.

(Edit: I'm not talking about the question posed by the OP, but rather about this argument that has branched off from it.)

1. Tim Tebow has never said you were going to hell and suffer if you don't believe what he does.

2. Tebow blew through his $2.5 million signing bonus on various worldwide charity organizations focusing on famine, education and home-building in 24 hours last year.

If you don't like Christianity that's fine you don't have to, but to say he isn't a GREAT kid that helps people and doesn't just talk about it but goes out and walks his talks --your a fool.

1.) That's inherently woven into his belief system, as his missionary work attests to. Proselytizing to "save" by influencing and persuading with an attached message of "or else."

2.) That's great. It would be even better if that selfless giving wasn't coupled with an omnipresent pursuit of manipulating the mindset of other human beings. Which brings under scrutiny that idea of "selfless." Was it done simply to help those in need, or to propagate what he himself holds up as his primary objective?

A little advice: If you're going to call someone a fool, you're going to want to make sure you articulate yourself properly. I don't own anything called "a fool." Thanks for your thoughts, though :)

(Any time anyone wants to move this discussion to the proper forum I'll be happy to take it up there. I'd let it go, but I'm not going to let a derogatory comment about my intelligence go unanswered.)

Sorry, I forgot to get my gold star for you and your BIG. AWESOME. VOCABULARY. So we all came from monkeys right?

I get the feeling that they are two very very different personalities.

I don't see Rex giving a "Promise Speech" like Tebow did. Rex is more of a silent leader would rather stay out of the spot light. As much as Tebow brushes off the media I get the feeling that he loves the attention.

You'd never see Rex do that because Rex is not a colossal d-bag.

And yes, Tebow can't call himself a virgin because he has does that TV camera dirty every time it's in him to promote all things Tebow or his agenda.