Nebraska vs. #22 Creighton

The thing I find amazing is that as far as I can tell (without reading every post) not one Husker fan has said "the refs cost Nebraska the game."

Translation: We got screwed by the refs.

I agree that fans are quick to point out the three in stripes. However, before this SNAFU moment Creighton was on a run to cut NU's lead. The foul that started it all was legit, on Neimann.

I agree that there were questionable calls, and am actually glad Doc got pissed. Many a times there have been where I thought he needed to get a T instead of squatting there with a scowl.

You have been on conversations during games with Po and know he is all Big Red when CU isn't involved. He was standing up for his beliefs and props to him. Some people jump on others throwing out the troll tag, not realizing they are going after someone who has brought more to this board than most.

I am over this. Po, you're my boy. Just remember I hate you.

bballer you need to get wasted while watching a road game and shoot for the century mark of posts during said game.

I have no problem with you defending yourself, its human. But also understand you're enemy in this forum, so expect some flak. I just didn't agree with the methods you are defending yourself with. But, all is well, the Creighton game is past and everyone can cheer for them both for the rest of the season if they please. I don't like Creighton, but I do like seeing a local team succeed.

He is not an "enemy" in this forum. Po doesn't have over 3,000 posts by spouting out Creighton this and Creighton that. If you have ever checked out any BBall gae thread you normally find Po there talking and supporting Husker Basketball. Many a poster on this board has thrown Po crap for being a BlueJay fan during a baseball game or bball game and the guy just takes it in stride. If I was him I probably would have got sick of the sh#t a long time ago. He just brushes it off and goes with it. Easily one of my favorite posters on here, and a guy I would damage my liver with.

As for his reply to Nuance saying the refs screwed us. The guy is right. Blaming the refs is a piss poor excuse. Haven't we as fans set that as a standard in football? Why can't it translate to the hardwood. CU is better, and NU still has miles to go. It is what it is.

Okay, let me reiterate. I probably should have put parenthesis around "enemy". Simply meaning that he is a member of an opposing fan base that is on an opposing message board. Just because he is popular in regards to the rest of the forum doesnt necessarily mean he is subject to a free pass to say what he wants and not have people disagree. It is his choice to post pro CU, if I am a husker fan and post on shaggy, I will get sh#t. It's the internet. I also clearly stated that I believe CU has a better program than us, so I am not sure where your trying to go with that.

The thing I find amazing is that as far as I can tell (without reading every post) not one Husker fan has said "the refs cost Nebraska the game."

Translation: We got screwed by the refs.

Maybe I took it wrong, but when I read that I thought he was just talking about that moment of the game, not costing Nebraska the entire game, perhaps I am wrong.

As for getting wasted and posting - horrible idea. I once drank (alone) during a conference tourney game that Nebraska lost but was a close game. I'm ashamed as I type this only because it is 100% truth, I overturned all my furniture and apparently threw something because the next morning I found holes in my wall going all the way down the stairs (the only reason I assume I threw something is because I wasn't sore enough to have done it myself by falling). Ever since then I don't allow myself to drink during those Nebrasketball games I am at home for. Honest to God truth.

Besides, I don't need to be drunk to get on here and make a fool of myself! I try and avoid HB immediately after games because I'm usually still drunk on rage...

I was gonna start a new thread to ask this but realized it won't generate many responses anyway so I'll post it here. Was anyone else at the game? What did you think about the crowd? Personally, I believe Creighton fan lived up to his stereotype. Go for the beer, maybe take in some basketball while there. Nobody, and I mean nobody, was in their seat until the ball was being tossed in the air. The crowd was DEAD almost the whole game. When Nebraska made its run in the second half, Husker fan got loud. That finally woke up Creighton fan, but had Nebraska never gotten loud I don't think Creighton fan would have ever left his seat. Other than to get another beer of course...

Also felt like the whole game was a commercial. Commercials playing on the big screen, two different sponsor logos ON THE COURT. Probably 100 sponsors listed on the ribbon boards. Heck, we couldn't even see team stats half the time because the took them off to flash up another sponsor. Even the beer wristband had an advertisment printed on it.

Besides, I don't need to be drunk to get on here and make a fool of myself! I try and avoid HB immediately after games because I'm usually still drunk on rage...

Alas my friend this is when some of your finest work comes to the board. It just isn't the same having to wait two or three days for your rational synopsis of the last game. It just ain't the same.

[Okay, let me reiterate. I probably should have put parenthesis around "enemy". Simply meaning that he is a member of an opposing fan base that is on an opposing message board. Just because he is popular in regards to the rest of the forum doesnt necessarily mean he is subject to a free pass to say what he wants and not have people disagree. It is his choice to post pro CU, if I am a husker fan and post on shaggy, I will get sh#t. It's the internet. I also clearly stated that I believe CU has a better program than us, so I am not sure where your trying to go with that.

I knew what you meant with your "enemy" comment. I was just making the point that Po has posted on here way more than the majority of the memberson this board DURING Husker BBall games supporting the Big Red. It was the way the whole CU/NU fan thing came up. Not with people asking why, just attacking for it.

The last part of my post was about your last paragraph in post 114. I was just saying Po is right. And looking back at it anyone could take what Nuance said about the T situation as an assumption about the whole game.

Alas my friend this is when some of your finest work comes to the board. It just isn't the same having to wait two or three days for your rational synopsis of the last game. It just ain't the same.

The season is still young, there'll be plenty of time for jackassery after any one of the 17 conference losses

Here's my take on Jayskers. If you are a Nebraska fan, live in Omaha, I have no problem if you are Bluejay fan as well. Creighton is based in Omaha, so why not cheer for the hometown team? But this is where Jaysker fans need to realize something, if you are a Nebraskan that lives anywhere outside of the metro and have no ties to the program, there is probably a 99.9% chance you don't give a rat's rear end about Bluejay bastketball. I am from Nebraska, outside of Omaha. I grew knowing one and only one thing, Husker football and because of that I always support all other Husker sports. The only University that represents the entire state is Nebraska. Creighton represents the city of Omaha and Catholics. If you aren't Catholic or live west of Gretna we might as well be talking about Florida Atlantic basketball to the rest of us, we don't care.

Why don't Nebraska fans like Jayskers? Now when I say "Nebraska fan" I mean fan of all Nebraska sports first, Jayskers are Husker football fans and Bluejay basketball fans. Nebraska fans know they have a terrible basketball history but we also know what a good history is having played Kansas two times every year since the beginning of time. What bugs the crap out of Nebraska fans is Bluejay fans thinking their program is God's gift to basketball when in reality it is at best one step above Nebraska. This drives Bluejay fan crazy because they will never admit it. You've won 3 freaking first round NCAA tournament games in the last 30 years. Really Bluejay fan? Your conference sucks but you will never admit that either. You get more then one team from the Valley in the tourney any given year and we have to hear about how great your conference is. You get one team from the Valley in the sweet 16 and we have to hear about how great your conference is. Really Bluejay fan? That should be a given every year if your conference is even close being "great". Oh and maybe you should win a few more National Championships before the last team to do it are all great grandfathers. You are in a mid major, unless you make a move to something like the Big East, you will always be a mid major, get over it.

Of course the usual response from Bluejay fan is "Yea, but we got more tourney wins then Nebraska!" Hey Bluejay fan, we know we suck. What does it say about yourself when you are always comparing your success to Nebraska Basketball? Why not compare it to someone like Mizzou or Kansas? Answer, because you can't. All you have and all you will ever have until you actually do something significant is you are better then the Huskers.

What scares Bluejay fan the most is if Nebraska ever did become a good or great program, they would never ever be able to compete with the popularity of the Huskers, even in Omaha. Being in a BCS conference is a huge advantage when it comes to drawing people. Of course Bluejay fan will come back with "look at our attendance compared to yours". You know why you get crowds? Because there isn't anything else worth a darn to watch sportswise in Omaha, period. You know why Nebraska doesn't draw crowds? Because they don't deserve it until they start putting better teams on the floor. If you ever went to games during the Danny Nee era, the Bob was a happening place, great crowds, even better student section, great atmosphere. Heck even DickieV made it to the Bob for a game. When fans can watch a good basketball team play in a great conference against great teams, it's a no brainer who will win the battle of the fans. If you live in West Omaha and the Huskers were actually good would you rather watch Nebraska against Michigan or the Bluejays play some Valley school like Evansville?

This takes me to my final point of why Nebraska fans don't like Jayskers, because if Nebraska ever did get good all those Jayskers would try to jump back on the Nebraska bandwagon just like they did with Creighton. How many Creighton fans were going to the games in the Civic? Last year couldn't have been better example of what Bluejay fan is all about. Last year they suck much like Nebraska. They still got good crowds but you can tell that besides the maybe 5-10K of hardcore fanbase, everyone else going to those games is there just to be a part of the scene. It could be Cirque du Soleil for all they care because it's the thing to do in Omaha right now.

I will give you credit if you have been following the Jays all your life, had season tickets back in the Civic days and can name players from 93 team. But the reality is most Bluejay fans are just there to be there.

As for Nebraska basketball, they have nobody to blame for what they have then themselves but I am glad to see we are finally taking basketball serious with the new arena and practice facility. If Doc implodes once again this year which it appears he is well on his way, Dr Tom needs get a finally get some sack and get a real coach and spend some money on him as well.

I will give you credit if you have been following the Jays all your life, had season tickets back in the Civic days and can name players from 93 team. But the reality is most Bluejay fans are just there to be there.

I can't do that because I was only six. I don't think I even knew what the rules of basketball were, let alone name players from the team without googling it.

Creighton will NEVER win a NC in basketball. Even this year, the furthest they will go in the tournament (if they even make it) is round 2, maybe Sweet 16. Its the life of a mid major team. A successful year for CU is just making it to the dance.

I love seeing mid majors upset the big boys in the dance, however. I was pulling for George Mason a few years back to win the whole thing, that would have been great. Its what I love about the tournament, there are always a few upsets and cinderella teams.

Paul, your the man/myth/legend. Thanks for your kind words, your a good man!

Listening to The Drive on the way home last night, they explained Doc's T by saying Doc had been trying to get the head official's attention to get an explanation of the T called on McCray. They were saying Doc was calling the official for "a long time" and he wouldn't come over to explain it. Then the CU coach asked to talk to the head official and he immediately went over there to talk to him. Doc then got permission to go over there, too, and when he got over to where they were talking, he got T'd up.

I wasn't at the game and I didn't watch it. That's just the explanation they gave last night, from Josh Harvey of BRR, who was at the scorer's table. Harvey's take was that the McCray T was very questionable, and Doc's was completely uncalled-for.

• Fire 1

That head official should be held accountable ... should be disciplined. CU may still have won ... we will never know .... but this game may have gone to the wire, and the Huskers would have had a chance. While I follow the Jays, I also like Husker basketball. I feel bad for Doc and his players that one official help determine this game.

The technical fouls happened with 9:14 left in the second half.

The score after the foul shots was NU: 45 CU: 51

Nebraska had 9 minutes to come back from a 6 point deficit and couldn't do it. That's on the coaches and the players, not the refs.

Yeah momentum has NOTHING to do with college basketball, especially in front of 16,000 people...

Seriously though, most people here aren't blaming the loss squarely on the officials, they're saying that caused the swing in momentum that Creighton needed to put the 'skers away. I think we all understand that loss came because CU is the better team. Without those Ts, though, it's a different ball game and no one can claim to know how it would have turned it out sans the bad calls. (before you jump all over me, my guess would be Nebraska still woulda lost, but it woulda be nice to find out rather than watch that debacle)

I also challenge the reported 16,000 in attendance. If there really were that many there, there must have been a steady flow of about 3,000 out in the concourse getting beer